Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Dragon With a Llama Mohawk Hair Gloss

Golden amber and dragon’s blood resin with champaca, honey, and macadamia nut.

Downright delectable. All the notes in here are fantastic on their own, but damn do they sing as a group. Golden amber, usually the star of the show (and deservedly so) is in perfect harmony with the resin. The rich spiciness of the DB is counterbalanced by the creamy floral of the champaca, which in turn is buoyed by the nutty warmth of the macadamia. Honey is just the cherry on top, so to speak. This charming scent swept me off my feet.

In decant: I smell resin and a slight touch of the honey. Could be the dragon blood too...that always smells a bit incense-y to me.

In hair: WOW!!! This is so gorgeous... it is a very soft amber/resin that I am getting. I don't get honey or anything nutty, which is good. I was nervous about the honey note.

After a few: This has low/medium throw and I love this! It is the perfect incense/amber! It isn't heavy and it isn't just gone that some incense blends can do on me. So glad I got a decant of this!!

My first review for my first hair gloss, here goes:

I expected to really like this, since amber, DB, and honey are three of my favorite notes, but I just fell in love with this on first sniff. After wearing it on my hair for a little while, it's even better! The resin notes blend perfectly with the sweet honey and nut and the whole thing is so warm and rich and spicy. There is just the right hint of sweetness without being overwhelming. People must wonder why I keep pulling my hair over my face all day. :biggrin:

I will probably wish I had gotten a backup bottle when this is gone.

In the bottle Dragon is very warm and nutty. The macadamia definitely makes itself known. On my hair the dragon's blood and champaca come out. The champaca is a lovely airy floral and the dragon's blood is a bit of a spicier floral. The whole thing comes across as a warm airy incense with just a touch of sweet honey and grounding nut. Throw is lower than many of my other hair glosses, which is a real shame.

Super witch shop scent on first spray. It's that mix of incense, resin, herb and scented oil fragrance that sticks to you even after you've left the shop. I love amber and dragon's blood, but most incense notes from the lab give me ice pick to the brain headaches. This seems to juuust sneak into not-headachey territory, though I was a bit scared when I first tried it. The honey gives it just the right amount of sweetness without being over the top. I love Honey and Hair Loosened and Soiled in Mid Orgies - they both have different honey notes. Honey is bright and clean honey, and HLSMO is a more O like sex honey. DWLM is different again, a more raw, thick honey with a beeswax muskiness.

I was expecting a combination of the Lion, Dragon's Milk and perhaps a dash of O, so this was a really pleasant surprise to me. I keep getting scent memories from two of my favourite occult stores, so this evokes in me a sense of peace, of acceptance, and a reminder of my faith. My spiritual beliefs are often at war with my job (I'm a research scientist), so wearing this will give me a small measure of spiritual comfort in my day to day life. It's perhaps a shade too ooky kooky for everyday at work, but it will definitely be used on days that I need a boost of faith.

Ha! I had no idea what to expect from this one, but I had to get it because of the name...

This starts off very strong with the macadamia nut, makes me think of cookies...it's sort of a cookies with tea scent for me, strangely. I don't get much resin from it but I love the depth of the macadamia. It's sort of a weird one, but I have been wearing the heck out of it.

Nutty, spicy amber with a touch of champaca. This smells both nutty and spicy, and the champaca brings a white floral note in the background. It smells sort of incensey.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this one.... and it turned out to be a very interesting scent. I can't quite put my finger on it, but this really has a unique smell. It has the rich spice of the resin and champaca followed by the warm creamy nuttiness. I was hoping for a little more honey and dragon's blood coming through, it's way more spicy than sweet. Overall I really do enjoy it though.

Edited by dottie_doom

A kind forumite was nice enough to send me a tester of this!

As usual, it smells almost identical in the bottle as it does on my hair (my 'hair chemistry" does not seem to chance scents the way skin chemistry does). It's nutty and incensey and a little sweet. I like it quite a bit, but I am not sure how much I would wear it. I may try to track down a full decant of it, but can't see needing a whole bottle. It's nice though, just not wowing me.

There is that gorgeous honey note!! But this time it is playing with hints of amber and nut...and just the right kiss of nag champa! I am not getting the dragon's blood. Love this!!!!