Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

House of Mirrors Atmosphere Spray

Warm vanilla dripping with golden amber, glittering with a shard of silvered glass.

So, right off the bat, for those of you jonesing for the House of Mirrors like Carnaval Noir original line (gah! How long have I been collecting!), this is not quite it in balance, although it definitely has similar elements of polished sweetness and a kiss of aquatic-floral-ozone. This is primarily vanilla-forward with a backdrop of amber, the good, sweet, rich, honeyed type. I get not as much smoke, so it's not reading so much incense as it is resin. I get a tiny touch of muguet like Sea of Glass (one of my favorites), but is indeed a sliver and not very strong overall. It is there, though, and there is the peep of glinty aquatic peering through that makes this not entirely a rich foody amber. I like this a lot, but I'm also partial to the ozonic, light florals like Sea of Glass. It's remarkable. I hiked back to the con and got three more.

For me this starts off as a warm shot of cotton candy that expands into amber and then turns into a shivery cold scent that evokes a quite cold long mirrored hallway.

This is beautiful!

It's a blast of not-to-sweet vanilla and amber, but I don't really get anything related to glass from it. It also doesn't last very long, but it is absolutely wonderful while it lasts :D

So good. Vanilla, amber and a hint of glassy elements. This one smells sophisticated, rich and lovely. The vanilla is not too foodie and it's just lovely in general.

I was lucky enough to snag this from Etsy and it lives up to the hype. It's definitely primarily vanilla with a smooth rich amber. I do also get a fresh silvery wisp as well. It's almost floral almost airy almost watery to me. I find it almost impossible to describe.

Overall the scent is very smooth and rich. It's a lovely scent.

This is an amazing cold vanilla scent, it's really good. It reminds me a bit of Black Opal, it has the same cold glassy vibe.

This was the Denver Comic Con exclusive that I was most excited about, and it did not disappoint. It is mostly amber and vanilla goodness. I'm not exactly sure what the silvered glass note is derived from, although I do get that feel from it whenever I spray it. I agree with Lycanthrope's description of a light, ozonic floral note.

If you are worried about the glass note, but love amber and vanilla, don't be afraid of this. It is GLORIOUS.

Amber and vanilla are two of my all-time favorite notes, consistently winners. Why was I scared to try this? The shard of glass? How silly of me! I love the lab's sparkly note. And it does not let me down here!

The warmth of amber comes soaked in a resiny vanilla, perhaps benzoin? It is magnificent, wafting strong from the start and becoming creamier and sweeter over time. The presence of the resins holds it back from true gourmand-land. House of Mirrors is more nostalgic, a glimpse into a time past. Perhaps even trade in cedar of the 2019 duo Cedarwood and Smoked Vanilla for creamy amber, and it might be a fair comparison.

Then that sliver of glass? It is indeed sparkly yet not fuzzy. It is not cologney, not in the slightest, because cologne notes give me headaches. There is something creamy like...coconut milk? A very pale and creamy floral? It is so hard to tell. It adds a dimension to the more familiar notes of amber and vanilla that I am loving as much as puzzled by. It strikes me as comforting, natural; no chemicals. 

This is what I wanted Antique Lace to smell like. House of Mirrors atmo, sprayed on clothes, lasts for many hours. I will turn my head and catch whiffs of something wonderful. To my delight, it's me

Wow! got this in a recent destash with the perfume oil and atmo. Based on some mislabeling incident in 2008 (?) I quickly read reviews to verify I had the right blend as its different from the atmo. I only just realized the atmo IS different and not the same notes in it at all. The vanilla is only in the atmo, and wow. perfect. Still snaring flr those who might, like me, think they are similar. 

The scents converge about ten minutes in with only mild discrepancies between the named atmo and oil. On application and wet, the oil is more perfumey. Think a collection of mirrors in a bawdy boudoir. A little bit loud, a little bit crass, owning your sex appeal. The bed is round and it rotates. It screams glam in a Bond film. This is the chick 007 lands and she leaves him high and dry. Her name is probably P*ssy Couture. It has a kitschy vintage vibe thats fun. Mae West.

The hair gloss has this nice vanilla aspect that is never really defined in the oil. It is respectable. It is Beautiful. This one fits my personality more. Something classy and glassy. It smells like elegance and refinement, like entering a boudoir and being slightly afraid to touch something. Everything is sparkling, Everything is perfectly placed.  Everywhere you look something there are delicate feminine touches and all the mirrors reflect them. This is  Myrna Loy.