Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Holliday Hair Gloss

The Wickedest Street in the City. The romance of vice: red musk and bourbon vanilla with blackened amber, gunsmoke, honey, and a splash of rum.

Oh! That's a lot going on all at once on my hair/skin. I guess I get a small hint of sweet red musk, a kiss of it like in Fenris Wolf and Scheherezade, but that disappears really fast under an upswell of ALL THE NOTES off the bat. I get a smoky amber that combined with the peppery gunpowder rises as a spicy, fiery resin. Rum is apparent as a hint of the Grog (but without butter), supported by a sweet sugar from the rum and the honey. I get the vanilla as more of a quiet supporter rather than a primary note. The red musk is lurking in the background, and this remains fiery, red, fierce. It's definitely not completely sweet though, since the spices keep it in the rich and complicated territory. I do like this. I may have to get another, although with short hair, and other competing hair glosses, one bottle may be enough!

... ETA: I bought another one.

There is a lot going on in this one, as Lecanthrope mentioned. I can pick out each and every one of the notes if I go searching for them.

When I just get a little scent of it wafting my way, it is mostly red musk, smoke, and with a little sweet amber far behind.

My hair really sucks this one up and it tends to disappear on me.

I think this one needs another try to see what I really think of it. I had some gloss in my hair last night and haven't washed it yet. So, I'll try this again on nice clean hair to see if it pops anymore.

This HG makes me smile so much!

Sultry red musk, warm vanilla, smoky amber and sweet rum (almost like the rum in Ian but more feminine)

It's just a sexy scent and there is no other way to describe it honestly. The first thing that I can see in my mind is a raven or red haired Pirate Queen and her hair smelling like this. I know my brain is thinking this because of the gunpowder and the rum but it's a accuracy in my own mind. It's stunning and I think I will get good use out of it all year round.

For me this starts out as an aggressive grape jolly rancher which morphs into cinnamon an d spices and then swirls into a just extinguished incense stick. Really complex and intrigueing.

Men of BPAL rejoice, for this is the Hair Gloss for you.

Seriously, all I got out of this was men's cologne, all.day.long. It never morphed. This should have worked, given the notes, but not so much in my hair this time around. Way, WAY too masculine. Alas. It's the first HG that hasn't worked for me.

Holliday, you're super sexy. Like sexier than Snake Oil (I know, the heresy!). This is red musk, rum, honey and a touch of vanilla. All of you red lovers need to get in on this.

In your face sexy hair.

The red musk is intense. I don't get a feel of ALL THE NOTES AT ONCE and honestly, I'm not getting a lot of amber at all. This stuff lasts forever and a day though and it's nice and thick and smokey.

If I was naming notes. I would say that this smells like a smokey and boozy version of Red Shirt Diaries (red musk).

It's a delight.

And I now have three bottles! No longer am I afraid to use my RSD since I have this more complex version in heaps!

I love red musk with all my heart, so I am glad that I was able to snag a full bottle of this from the Etsy update, after stupidly only requesting a decant from my con fairy.

Red musk very predominant, but the vanilla and honey are there. I don't detect the other notes individually, but they combine to make this darker and smokier than Aspen Leaves and Fears. This is another hair gloss that will wear well with my red musk blends and I am very happy to have it in my collection.

Yeah....this is awesome!

In the bottle....I get a rich, thick vanilla! I think it is the rum, but I don't get "boozy" out of this.

On damp hair: Wow....this goes crazy for a quick second....thought I caught a quick whiff of licorice, but that quickly left (good thing!) but then I get the bourbon and the musk and vanilla ALL at once! Then the amber comes out and it morphs wonderfully! Stays vanilla with a hint of the rum and bourbon.... I don't get honey or gunsmoke, but SO glad I was able to get some of this!

I got a decant from a circle left over and adore how smoky and sexy this is.

It has a lot of notes I love and admittedly, I've been staying off of it to not possibly run out. This, in my opinion, is a hair gloss for a badass.

OMG this is good! Sweet, smoky, almost spicy, it's got it all going on. SEXY. Not as much red musk as I expected, which is ok, because all the other notes are fantastic. I really like this, and will enjoy wearing it a lot.