Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
samarablackcat

Antikythera Mechanism Hair Gloss

Bronze gears spin inside a polished wooden case, and an entire universe dances within. Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco.

This smells exactly like the perfume (of course!). Oak does not play nicely on my skin (perfume), but here, in the hair gloss version, it's perfect. A quick turn of the head releases the wafting of vanilla and teakwood, leaving the contrails of scent behind. Absolutely gorgeous.

Antikythera Mechanism reminds me of The Eleventh Doctor's TARDIS console and I was saddened when the perfume didn't work for me; I now have a replacement. I think I shall pop over to the TP and pick up another bottle STAT. My only regret is this wan't made into an atmospheric spray and bath oil also, so please, may we place this up for another vote in the future? :beg: Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm not a huge fan of Antikythera in perfume form, as tobacco is a problem note for me. I do LOVE the rest of the notes though, so I bought this hoping that a hair gloss would help circumvent the nasty "tobacco vs. my skin chemistry" ordeal. Not so. I really wanted to smell like oak and teak and vanilla, but I mostly just smell smoky. Like I've spent the evening at a bonfire. Sigh.

Anitkythera Mechanism is great on me as an oil, so when I heard it won the poll, I was completely thrilled. I ordered a bottle and waited (not so) patiently for my bottle to arrive. And I tried it after my shower as I was getting ready for work today...and it's just as gorgeous as I thought it would be. It's smoky and slightly sweet with the vanilla, I foresee using this and Frosty Silkybat a lot. My only regret is not ordering a second bottle of this, so I think I'll need to get another one before it comes down. :D

I love The Antikythera Mechanism perfume oil, so when the hair gloss won the poll, this was a done deal. And it doesn't disappoint. Black vanilla, woods, and tobacco? It's like heaven. There's something about that black vanilla that just really brings it home—it's almost cake-y, it's so dense and chewy. The woods are lovely but restrained, and the tobacco gives this a whiff of danger. Layered with AM perfume oil, it's a knockout combo.

I get a ton of woods and tobacco. No vanilla. This smells predominantly of oak and teak. It's a dark, woodsy, blend. Almost masculine.

I have really loved the frimps I've received of Antikythera Mechanism perfume, and it has been sitting in my list of GC scents to buy, but until I got the hair gloss, I never pushed the perfume to the top of my list. I love the vanilla note here, and my skin loves teakwood and tobacco, so this is perfect for me. The hair gloss is heavier on the vanilla and woods, but the vanilla in particular is quite sweet here. In fact, this is like Revenant Rhythm with woods instead of patchouli. So much so, that I sprayed some RR HG on one wrist, and some AM HG on the other for side by side comparison. YES!! This is perfect for days when I really want the vanilla of RR but won't be in a setting where patchouli is appreciated.

Edited by Poenari

I love this, just as I love the perfume. To me, the notes combine to make so much more than the sum of its parts. This is one of the most unique scents I have ever smelled, and I get why it's so popular. Glad to have the hair gloss now! <3

This is so good; it's possibly even better as HG than as perfume! It's rich and warm tobacco-vanilla with a woodsy tinge.