Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Valtiel

Revenant Rhythm Bath Oil

A tousled, sexy mix of patchouli, vanilla, and hemp.

Oh boy... First to review and my first review in a loooong time. Well, here. We. Go!
To preface this: I have a bottle of Banshee Beat (aged, but not quite as aged as OG BB) to compare.

As a moisturizer...
In the Bottle: It smells a bit like aged BB, but the vanilla is more prominent. Overall, it is a bit light smelling. The Patchouli is there, faint though. There is a bit of Oak-y Hemp wafting out too. More clearly as the Patchouli, but not as much as the Vanilla.

Wet: There's that famous Patchouli of the BB kind! My skin amps Patchouli anyway, but this is still like a slightly lighter BB, probably good for Work places! The Vanilla is swirling around Patchouli in a delicate dance for dominance while that Oak-y Hemp keeps a delicate rhythm in the back.

10 Minutes of Drying: The Oakish note has dispersed into the backdrop and the Hemp note reached a crescendo, turning the Creamy Patchouli into a more dark yet lively scent.

Dry: The notes are in full Harmony on my skin. Blended beautifully and complimentary. It wears close to the skin without it being cloying for those around who fear Patchouli. I don't, but people I work with... Do.

Verdict: Hoarde Worthy Keeper. Perfect for the work place (if you don't amp it crazily) I get wafts of Green Vanilla and Patchouli every now and again.

Disclosure: I'm not a patchouli fan.

But this. This is so much more than patchouli. It's soft, rounded, and comforting. I get some patchouli, but on me, there's teakwood, a little patchouli, and the vanilla is just a whisper. But it sweetens it slightly, and makes it smell creamy and smooth.

Thank goodness BB wasn't this good on me, I would have gone broke!

I will be buying more. And I'm really glad I bought the atmo spray too.

Edited by oceandreamer001

I am a major patchouli lover, and I have several bottles of Banshee Beat purchased from UO back in the day, so RR was an instabuy in every format. The only question is how many bottles of each to hoard?

I use my bath oils as after shower moisturizers, so fresh from the mailbox I applied some RR to my hands like a lotion. It definitely smells like Banshee Beat! I couldn't wear any scent that day due to a dentist appointment, so I had to wash it off. But I pulled out my bottle of perfume for a bottle-sniff comparison. The main difference is the aging factor. My bottle of perfume is initially stronger on the patchouli and the vanilla stays in the background, whereas the bath oil initially comes off as a sweet vanilla scent with a hit of patchouli. But if I recall correctly, the perfume was sweeter initially as well, with the vanilla initially more prominent.

Full on body test the next day, and this is just fabulous! It is a sweet vanilla'd patchouli scent, just a hint of the hemp to give it a dried greenery note, like those rope/straw bracelets made from hemp. This is definitely hoard-worthy, and I'm sure it will age fabulously, since patchouli usually does so. It's still sweeter than my bottle of BB perfume, but that makes it more wearable in situations where you might need to tone down the patchouli. But going for broke and applying perfume on top of the bath oil (and adding the hair gloss) makes this unfuckingbelievable. :thud:

I seriously hope this becomes GC so I don't have to buy all my bottles at once and can spread out the finances as well as the aging process.

I'm using the oil as an after-shower moisturizer because our tub isn't too good for taking baths. Compared to my precious decant of Banshee Beat, this is a bit lighter on the vanilla, just a little heavier on the hemp, and about the same on the patchouli. The scent gently wafts, and seems to become part of me rather than masking me. I feel grounded and content, ready to snuggle up with hot tea and a book, but also up for some mischief. This is a "black velvet broomstick skirt with a leather motorcycle jacket at the Renaissance festival" kind of smell. It feels like an appropriate scent for a neurotic Taurus like me, who really needs the mellowing effects of this scent.

My skin is getting drier and more sensitive now that I'm in my forties, so I'm happy to discover that my skin actually absorbs it, unlike my usual lotions that just sit on top of my skin, and it doesn't seem to irritate anything. I put just a tiny bit into the ends of my hair and they felt softer, but my hair isn't long enough for me to get much out of it, so I don't think I'll buy the hair gloss unless it becomes GC someday.

Whenever I get some Revenant Rhythm perfume oil, you can be sure I'll layer the hell out of it with this. Like Poenari, I hope it becomes GC. This is my first Trading Post purchase, and it won't be the last.

Revenant Rhythm as a bath oil is heaviest on the hemp, followed by the patchouli and then a whiff of vanilla. Which to me really covers the entire Banshee Beat spectrum. The perfume oil to me is patch heavy, the atmosphere is perfectly balanced, and the hair gloss is vanilla heavy. I think its apropos that this is more hemp heavy as it bring balance to my BB spectrum. And honestly if you were to use the bath oil, hair gloss AND perfume all together, it would probably balance everything out.

So yeah, those are my two cents.

Love love LOVE!! This one does seems more vanilla heavy to me. Vanilla and mild patch. A big win, and i think I'm going to make a Post order....

I ADORE everything Revenant Rhythm/Banshee Beat (the two are indistinguishable on me). My favourite patchouli scent of all time. Mixed with the really sweet vanilla, it's just perfect. Smells like sex. :D