Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Bluestblood

Black Supermoon 2015

Black on black: inky vetiver and opoponax further deepened by red benzoin and five-year aged Sumatran patchouli, limned by mint and white mandarin, and touched by the saltspray of King Tides.

Darker than dark!

Wet: A vicious blast of dark, earthy vetiver and the menthol-like zing of red patchouli.
Initial drydown: The vetiver still dominates and starts to share the stage with the saltspray. Opoponax and patchouli are present, but the patchouli has lost the menthol-like quality it had. I do not smell benzoin, mandarin, or mint.
Dry-dry: Smooth vetiver, patchouli, opoponax and saltspray still dominate - I get the barest hint of mandarin and benzoin, and I have to try extra hard to pick out the mint.

Overall, I would describe this as a salt-crusted, inky, darker than dark blend. It is not quite salty enough for me to be comfortable enough to call it an aquatic. Then again, it may just be that I am not used to aquatics being this dark. If I were to give it a persona, it is the bad boy in the black coat that hangs out on the pier at night. If you like vetiver and/or patchouli...or if you like being in touch with the darker side of yourself, this is for you!

This is brand new in the mail and then onto my wrists.

For me, this is vetiver through and through. There is a slightly sweet edge on the dry down which might be the benzoin, but I'm not sure. I don't get any mint, patchouli or any aquatic from this as all. Vetiver vetiver vetiver.

This is the blackest black. A very aggressive scent. I get strong vetiver, then patch. I can detect a sliver of mint that gives it a coldness, and a touch of salt spray. A full moon over a icy cold ocean. I am a big fan of vetiver, so I like it now, but have a feeling I will love it once it gets some age!

This may possibly be, if not the single best BPAL on me ever, definitely in my top ten. I am sad that it was limited to 100 bottles. That's going to make it a holy grail scent for me that's going to be hard to get more of!

This is the most incredible blackness I have ever worn. It slips and slithers in whispering shadows over my skin, with a sleek and smooth sensation. Vetiver and opoponax are my magical notes, that start strong and bold, then melt into a shadow of my own skin-scent. This has that essence, but the mandarin-mint-salt lightening it gives it a memory of Spider, which is what I go to as my professional/power scent. This allows me to be appropriate for the office, and still embrace my secret shadow-self.

Wet, it is fierce and strong and bold. Whatever it sees, it conquers.

Dry, it whispers. Remember, you are powerful, you are strong, you are dark and beautiful. And as the lighter and brighter hints make themselves more apparent- the blackness clings to me like wet silk beneath.

Verdict: I will wear this and love it. And wear it more. And when I have none left, I shall weep.

woooooahhh this a dark dark dark, blacker than black aquatic. it is like a raging black sea where some awesome sea monster is lurking under the waves. the salt-tinged smoky vetiver mixed with the lighter mint and citrus is unconventional but it works. it's cold, dark and aggressive.

Super dark aquatic. It's dark patchouli. And just that. DARKNESS. On wet, it's a giant hit of vetiver, patchouli with a touch of aquatics. It dries down to a super duper dark patchouli with a touch of benzoin. It's just dark, inky, and well, DARK.

Super strong on me as well, good throw and wear length. Very masculine.

This is so amazing. I like the dark vetiver and patchouli main note, which reminds me of rainbow obsidian gazing balls with a corona of crunchy salt black crust. This is super strong and is definitely one of my favorites. I wish I had more than an imp. This is so perfect.

Really and truly black hole-dark. One of the inkiest, 3-am scents I can think of. Black Supermoon is the smokiest of vetivers, ferocious and yet shadowy. It has teeth, yet it doesn't actually drag you from the road and shoot you down like The Highwayman. It is girded with the velvety purple of opoponax and armed with a cinnamony patchouli. The sun is not the only one who can burn, for this moon is searing the inside of my elbow! The crust of salt and slight glimmer of brightness (must be the lime and mandarin) throw a welcome lifeline into the darkness of the black hole.

With time, the intensity fades to a dull roar and it is a beautiful smoky, shadowy purr in the crook of my arm. Much like a cat who dreams of days stalking the grasses and bringing down small mammals. There is even a furriness to the darkness that strikes me as feline. The drydown is my favorite part. Unf.