Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Boudicca

Red Patchouli and Fig Hair Gloss

A feral beauty.

I saw some requests for reviews of this one, so I will give it a shot.

I'm not really familiar with red patchouli, but it seems to be the kind of patch that reminds me that it's in the mint family. Not that it's minty, but it's definitely not "hippy/headshop" patch. Not that I have anything against that sort, I like it.

I'm not getting a lot of fig, but I think what I am getting is green fig, not really ripe.

OK, overall impression is that it's fizzy somehow. Not quite cola, but similar Effervescent and a little spicy. A little bit earthy and less fizzy after a while. "Feral" is not the first adjective that comes to my mind.

I'm liking it. It's not that strong but I have dry hair and there is pretty much no humidity in the atmosphere here right now so no surprise. YMMV.

Shoot me an kill me, this is awesome. Patchouli lovers, get this right now. It's different from the GC Amber & Patchouli.

I won't be able to wear this to work, but that's OK.

I have been filling my patchouli needs with Silky Bat, but this is patchouli with a backbone.

While I love patchouli I'm not a big fig fan, but I was generously frimped this by my BPTP decant circle leader. Far be it from me to pass up a free tester!

This mix is interesting. I agree with Boudicca in feeling like this is almost sweetly minty, warm yet fizzy. I'm used to fig being darker but this is definitely a more playful version. While it does almost come across as cola, it retains a nice earthy smell thanks to the patch. Something about this combo nearly reads as musty Xmas tree, and I hope that doesn't sound terrible because I mean it in a nice way. Usually pine sap can be a bit overwhelming, but this takes that sort of sharp greenery and puts a damper on it.

In the end it's still not really my style, but I enjoyed it more than I expected. Seems like a great Yule blend to me, or simply when you want something comforting but refined.

The patch in the version I got (yesterday) was incredible strong. I did give it a good roll around and tested a spray on one of my scarves. Now I like patchouli generally but more like as an after thought. This stuff is so strong that it actually made me cough.

I didn't get any fig sweetness. I don't get a fizzy sensation like I got from frosty silkybat. I get dark dark patch almost exclusively.

The fig is upfront for me. Very sweet candied figs, with a nice, grounded, patch base. The sweetness melds and rounds out with the patch, making it a very upscale feeling kind of scent, if that makes sense. Like something I would wear to a formal party, to impress.

As described. Mild red patch with fig. This reminds me a bit of the gc Sandalwood and Fig HG, the fig is the same. Patchouli lovers should take note, this is the perfect mild, smooth patchouli.

Mmmm, the patchouli in Red Patchouli and Fig really does have that yummy cola note. It reminds me of the patchouli in Sin. The fig note is strong when I first apply, but then it settles in and I'm left with a fruity, earthy, vanilla-y patchouli. I love patchouli, so this is all good news.

This is amazing stuff. It's exactly Grave Pig as I hoped minus the shrooms/soil. It's mostly patchouli with fig hovering in the background..and it just knocked down Amber n Patchouli to second favorite hair gloss. LOVE 😍

Cold sniff: A mild patch w/ a hint of sweetness from a just starting-to-ripen fig.

In my hair: A stronger scent on my hair. I like it and think it will work best for late summer/early autumn.

I get incredibly strong patchouli - dirty, and visceral with just a touch of fig to sweeten it.

I can see the people that love Banshee Beat going crazy for this hair gloss. I feel like it has the same sort of dirty patchouli, and the fig just adds a teeny bit of fruity sweetness to it.

This is mostly patchouli with under notes of sweet fig. ​The patchouli is a little too strong for my taste. If you are a fan of resinous slightly sweet scents, then this is the hair gloss for you.