Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Peach, White Ginger, and Cubeb Hair Gloss

With tea leaf and cistus.

This is fantastic. When I first spray it, my hair smells like fresh tangerine. The blast of zesty citrus lasts a good long while, and then slowly but surely morphs into something with a little more depth. If I make any sudden movements and my hair swishes around it's all fruity spiciness with a tang to it. Maybe that's cubeb? I'm not familiar with it. White ginger seems far more playful than its regular counterpart. I can definitely see myself wearing this at the park in the spring or at the beach in the summer months. Heck, I'd wear it to the beach today. Living in a coastal town means I will probably be reaching for this one quite a bit in the coming months.

Hmmm....

This is the Hair Gloss version of Peach Moon on me.

Not much in common with Peach Moon as far as listed notes go, but really, that's the only thing that comes to mind when I smell this gloss.

So Cubeb is some kind of pepper, but this gloss has zero peppery traces for me. It was the only note that worried me. Clearly unfounded fears.

Since I love Peach Moon so much, and this gloss might as well be made of Peach Moon, its a definite WIN.

Probably going to get a backup of this one before Lupers disappear in April.

love love love!

This was a knock out! I had no idea how truly amazing peach could be until this hair gloss. Ginger on my skin goes bad in very wrong ways (and I won't lie, spraying this into my hand to apply made my nose wrinkle). After I washed my hands and shook my hair out, I was surrounded by what has got to be the perfect summer hair scent for a foodie like me. It's a bright peach without the floral that always gets me in the Lupers when apricots abound everywhere but I can't get them due to the flowers.

None of that here ladies!

I immediately paired this with my peach and papaya-musk heavy Mare Nectaris. I need more of both. I'll be wearing this combo all summer.

Very summery and peachy to be sure! Fades into nothing pretty quickly. It was nice while it lasted, though I didn't get much tea.

I get peach with a hint of white tea. Overall it's light and summery, but unfortunately, it doesn't last that long. :(

This is super bright and lemony from the cubeb. To my nose it's a citrusy white tea scent with a peachy background. Very bright and refreshing for summer!

Origin: the first bottle was a decant, then I ended up with a full bottle, possibly from Etsy

Initial Thoughts: I love peach. I like ginger and hope the fact that it's white will keep it from going too foody/holidays. I know not from cubeb.

In the Bottle: Very peach and bright and fresh. Either the cistus is being citrusy or the white in the white ginger is being very bright.

On Wet Hair: It gets a little less peach and a little more ginger-y, but still very bright. Now that I've read some of the other reviews, yeah, lemon makes sense.

After Blow-drying: This one doesn't have much staying power on me. It's very faint ginger peach after I've dried my hair.

Verdict: It's a lovely scent, good for summer, but doesn't last the way some others do.

This is not going to be a super in depth review.

I just got to say that this is one of the main, sometimes only HG I actually use during the Summer months. It's refreshing, uplifting and has a zing to it that I can't really describe. You just have to smell it for yourself. I hardly get any tea. It's all peach and white ginger. When the dreadful day of me running out of this happens, I don't know what I will do.

It's one of the best Summer glosses, period.