Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Mount Fuji Reflected in Lake Misaica

MOUNT FUJI REFLECTED IN LAKE MISAICA

An oakmoss chypre with black cypress, wild mint, labdanum, pine needles, white sandalwood, and white cedar.

I'm reviewing Mount Fuji Reflected in Lake Misaica because I'm a little worried that it will be lost in the shuffle amongst the other Shungas this year, and I think it deserves a shoutout. This blend is like the palate cleanser to all the sweets and florals in the Lupercalia release. The best way I can describe this is green, as the most prominent notes when wet are oakmoss, black cypress, mint, and pine. The labdanum (which smells a bit like green-brown ambergris here), white sandalwood, and white cedar anchor this blend and come forward on the drydown.

Wet, this is a cavalcade of mouthy greens, a little tingly due to the mint and the camphorous spangle of evergreens. As it dries, the oakmoss pushes forward like a marathoner. Fully dry, this is oakmoss chypre with white sandalwood and white cedar—pale woods and oakmoss. The mint and cedar do not amp on me in the slightest—the mint burns off early and the cedar is held in check by the oakmoss.

If you love oakmoss...definitely try this one! It's like the cologne version of walking through the woods in early, early spring, when a cold snap is still possible and the evergreens are still bleating their song of survival over the trepidatious spring herbals. I'm going to put this bottle with my husband's collection, and convince him to wear it on our next evening out...and wear it myself, from time to time.

Woods woods woods. I get cedar, cypress, pine and chypre. This is a delicate, slightly manly cologne. Very soft. Very woody. As it dries more of the oakmoss comes out and giving it a decidedly aquatic dimension. Low throw and low wear length on me.

Again something to try out on mr. zee_zee.

I really liked the beginning stages of this one. Lovely sandalwood and fresh pine needles and I thought it was going to stay that way for a while, nope. It soon turned into something that I knew I recognized and couldn't quite put my finger on but I immediately did not like it. Then as it fully dried it finally hit me....... It smells like Gacela of the Dark Death but just not as harsh. I did not like Gacela because it was just too intense on my skin and I don't like this either. This is going into the sale pile.

Edited by Haltija

Very woodsy and fresh. This reminds me of Dracul without the musk, or a less-sharp Troll. Those are both scents I love, so this is a big win on me. As it dries the pine calms down a bit, and I'm getting more cedar and oakmoss with just a dash of mint. If dry woodsy scents are your thing, give this a try.

Upon application, I mostly get the cypress and cedar, with the oakmoss chypre like a fuzzy green cloud supporting it from below. The mint is present but subtle, blending with the pine/cypress. It's a juxtaposition of dry, white woods with wet, camphorous evergreens. Slightly sweet, not too dry. Becomes more dry and camphorous the longer it stays on my skin. Very fresh, woodsy scent.

Oakmoss and a thousand shades of foresty green! Smells like all the plants in a coniferous forest from the trees, to the little plants on the river banks, to the moss on the tree bark. Pretty sure there's also a touch of musk in there too.

The mint is super juicy and sparkly which provides a great contrast! The mint kind of fades in and out too, so there's sort of a pleasant shifting of the smell as it dries down.

Chypre and cedar on me. Its not as harsh and cologney as other chypre blends. Theres a definite pencil shaving thing happening as well. Not for me.

in the imp - sweet tarts lol

on skin - sweet tarts and vicks (vapor rub) and cedar

yeah...so it's sweet and tangy and kind of mediciney

This starts out all nose tingling mint and pine in the bottle. Pine usually works well for me. On my skin though, my nemesis, cedar, quickly makes itself known. It's blending with the oak moss to make a musty old attic smell that's certainly not what I was hoping for. Eventually, the cedar starts to fade into the other notes and I get something that smells a lot like Cathode but a bit darker. I like Cathode, b/the cedar in this is just mucking things up for me. Glad I got to try it though.

Imp: Cypress and oak, white glacial mountains and cool hidden streams.

Wet: Strongly cypress and cedar, with just a hint of mint ("must be the 1920's" :wink:). Possibly also some sandalwood if I really sniff for it?

Dry: The typical cold pine scent I've to expect from anything with cypress; similar to Capricorn, and delightfully pleasant, but nothing I'll need to buy a bottle of. It does remind me slightly of Delphi and Olympia in winter. ♥

A reasonable 8-hour life span, and a medium throw.

Stars: ★★★½

mostly chypre, cypress and pine starting out. it's very green and pine-y. it's dark green. i get some cedar and sandalwood i think, grounding it a bit from being so green. it reminds me of the scent of a wild forest where it has recently rained. then the labdanum finally comes through and it smells like incense burning in the forest. so pretty! i do like this a lot but it's not my type of scent to wear...i'm thinking of trying to burn it in an oil burner though.

This is actually a much more delicate scent than I anticipated it being. In the imp, I get the oakmoss, mint, and pine, all quite strong, but it settles quickly on my skin into something much softer. It's definitely a masculine scent, though the cypress gives it a slightly sweet note that works well with everything else. All the woods mix together so beautifully, and I get hints of all of them as they weave in and out. Cypress here, pine there, cedar here. The mint also fades in and out, never fully present, but intertwining with that sweet cypress wonderfully. I don't get much sandalwood, but maybe that's somewhere in the background. This ends up as a very soft, green, forest-y scent that's slightly sweet and leans toward masculine. It's beautiful. Even though it's not something I'd wear myself, I'm going to keep this decant to try on my bf or wear once in a blue moon.