Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White coconut, thick wildflower honey, and threads of saffron.

Wow, where do I start with this blend? First off I want to ditto everything Leopard403 said. This is my favorite Luper this year (perhaps ever), and indeed what I wanted from the vulvas – from Love’s Philosophy as well, which was just plastic and spice on me. This is warm, creamy and seductive… yet subtle. And it has possibly the best coconut and honey I’ve smelled from BPAL. It’s absolutely gorgeous.

It perfectly evokes the image/scene, and it’s really seductive to me. Like accidentally walking in on a crush disrobing on a hot day. Somehow everything smells heated. The honey is SPOT on, exactly like it just came from the hive. Rich and sweet and almost overwhelming in its luxury, but in a good way. It drives home the feeling of being hot, caught up in a sticky sweetness. The coconut is similarly decadent but gentler in comparison, adding the cooled feeling of the "fan." Also a true scent, not plastic-y as is can be in other blends. That's a huge plus for me, as I love coconut but it rarely smells right to me in perfumes.

The saffron adds just the right amount of… well, what I can only call a “tingle.” A bit of spiciness, but not “spicy hot,” more like a sweet cooking spice. Similar to the subtle zing that blends like Morocco and Penitent Mini Magdalene possess. Most definitely a new favorite of mine; I need several bottles. Natural but sexy, sticky sweet but not cloying, plus a delicious frothy coconut.

Is it getting hot in here, or is it just my perfume? ;)

I usually love BPAL coconut, obatala and goblin especially. This reads more as fruity tropical, but not particularly coconut. There is a slight suntan lotion warm note peaking around the generic tropical perfume, and I like the heat of this, so I may see how it ages especially as i am intrigued by saffron

I was really looking forward to this one, but alas, the coconut is not behaving on me. At first, it's pretty coconut and honey, and lovely saffron. It kind of reminds me of Celeste at this point. After a bit, the coconut dominates, and it becomes rather dusty on me as coconut can do. Becomes more dusty, and this one becomes a 'no go'.

In the imp: Sweet sweetness.

Wet on skin: Coconut and honey. This is really pretty. There's a little bit of spice, I think from the saffron (I'm not really used to thinking of saffron as spicy, but i don't think it's the coconut or honey).

Dried down: Soft coconut.

Throw: This one is wearing really close to my skin. I'm not getting much throw from it.

Verdict: **** I have a bottle, and I think I'm going to enjoy this one. I'm considering a backup bottle, but this Luper update is heavy on the coconut, which makes me happy, which makes me want to buy far more bottles than are good for me. ::sigh::

Edited by Magycmyste

In the bottle - BIG hit of saffron. OUCH!!

On me, wet - ahhh much better. coconut sweetness, I can handle this....

Dammit. This is almost pure coconut on me, and what I wanted Ivory Vulva to be, only it wasn't.

I am a coconut fiend, so I had to have this.

I ended up with a frimp of this after I had already purchased a bottle. I tried the frimp, and was a bit disappointed at the strength of the coconut (not as dominant as I wanted, and seemed quite floral)

Now sniffing this straight out of the bottle, it is all glorious almost boozey coconut. Heady.

Wet: Oh ya. That's coconut alright. Beachy coconut, without going into sunscreen territory. Mmmm. Does still have that floral sort of edge, but not as much as the imp I have. And it really is boozey smelling. Like coconut rum almost.

Dry: Not a morpher, boozey, heady coconut. Perfect for summer. I am so happy with this! I will have to test it side by side with that imp to try to figure out why I don't love that imp the way I love this.

I had just a tester of Lovers and a Fan, but I certainly wouldn't turn down more.  Coconut is always good on me, honey usually, saffron maybe. Here the saffron keeps the sticky honey from overwhelming the coconut with sweetness; there's a kind of dry, even dusty feel to the saffron that balances the other notes beautifully.  The end result is summery and sexy, not Coppertone but a grown-up scent.  Nice!