Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

IVORY VULVA

Marshmallow root, coconut, macadamia milk, cream accord, and a drop of golden amber.

This is definitely a creamy coconut scent. I've had it on for about 30 minutes and it's stayed the same. The other notes don't stand out to me but I think they're what's making this a warm coconut as opposed to just coconut.

If you like coconut you will like this. It reminds me of the coconut in Goblin without the patchouli.

It's all marshmallow cream and coconut on my skin and I like that. If you remember how people got a coconut-y vibe from Reflected Vulva, this smells like that with no florals and a extra helping of cream. I detect no amber from start to finish and I am okay with that. It's a really beautiful scent.

A touch beachy to my nose as well without reading as suntan lotion or the traditional "aquatic" feel. It's on the other side of the spectrum. A winner in my book and I can see myself wearing it a lot during the upcoming Summer (:

Edited by Haltija

In the Bottle: It's like a coconut spiced chai steamed milk drink. I die. :tongue:

Wet On Skin: The macadamia is coming out to play, adding a buttery aspect to the scent that's just yummy.

Dry Down: I get no amber, which is fine with me. All the rest of the notes come into play and it's seriously delicious.

In All: Low throw- I might need to slather this next time. It reminds me of the butter-cream-salt quality that Shill has, and I really, truly adore it. This is what I had hoped Mitzvah would be on me, and sadly was not.

I may need backup bottles!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Unf. This is gorgeous. This is no suntan lotion coconut. This is creamy, marshmallowy, almost toasted coconuty beauty. This is warm and wonderful!

In bottle: Really sweet cream, coconut, some warmth from what I'm guessing is the amber, then finishes with a sweet sugary macadamia nut.

Wet on skin: a salty buttery note comes out. I'm surprised at how much I smell like a coconut confection with a lot of butter in it. There's almost something that makes it lean to buttered popcorn but the sweet cream and macadamia keep things really sweet. There's also a toasty element coming out like marshmallows over a campfire then covered in coconut flakes.

Dry on skin: The saltiness seams to fade and leave behind a creamy, sweet rich coconut. To me this is more like a baking coconut in a cookie or a pastry than a tropical, suntan coconut. The amber isn't strong but I'm guessing lends a whole cuddly warmth to the overall picture. The whole thing is very rich, sweet, buttery and toasty--like snuggling up a cozy blanket with a chai tea, a macadamia-coconut flaked pastry and a nothing to do all day. I usually am more of a incense, resin, spicy type of fragrance lover but I'm curious to see what the bf will think of this on me and if he'll try to munch on me or something. :P

I'll need to do a more in depth test later. I dabbed some on before I ran to work this afternoon.

As soon as I sniffed the bottle I was immediately reminded of that Organix line of Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner. Which is awesome because I loved the scent of those. It's definitely coconut but not that suntan fake syrupy coconut. It's warm toasted fluffy marshmallow-y coconut. Warm and cozy.

Stayed close to the skin. Seemed to disappear quickly as I can't smell it on my wrists a few hours later. The boyfriend hugged me after I put it on and said I smelled good! ;)

Probably won't nee a back up but after testing tomorrow that could change!

Sweet sugared cream, delicious marshmallow, and maybe some coconut and amber in the background. This is so lovely!! I can't stop smelling my wrist, and I only dabbed a little on from the cap. Can't wait until I wear more next time. So glad I went for a bottle unsniffed! :wub2:

Edited by vanilla323

Soooooth and silky. It actually reminds me of the chinese layered coconut and pandan jelly that you get in little striped squares. Actually, that's what I get from it - pandan. I think it's the mix of coconut and macadamia. If you've never tasted pandan, it has a mild coconut/nutty flavour that works really well in chiffon cakes. It's not overly sweet, nor overly flavoured - just mild, airy and slightly sweet. It tastes like walking past a bakery.

Anyways, this smells like pandan with a mild coconut note, with the whisper of amber underneath. Actually, mild is the perfect word for this. It is not in your face, and I suspect that you could easily get away with slathering it on without offending anyone nearby. I really like it!

oh wow this starts off with just the macadamia milk, of course! i tend to amp the notes that i wish were more subtle. it's very nutty at first. at this point i am praying the macadamia calms quickly and we get to the other stuff. after about 30 seconds it smells like coconut curry. which smells really good, just not sure i want to personally smell like it. so i will give it more time...

it's mostly macadamia and coconut. with the cream and marshmallow supporting in the background. the amber really is just a drop and grounds the scent a bit. after about 10 minutes it smells like a vanilla-y coconut curry. later on the nuttiness is a lot calmer and this is a creamy marshmallow-coconut scent. it's a pretty, subtle foody scent, not too strong or overly sweet. i like this but am not sure i love it. i will have to try it more to see how i feel.

In the bottle: Sweet, gooey, warmed over marshmallow, covered with toasted coconut.

Wet on skin: I don't smell amber, per se, but I'm pretty sure that's the warmth behind this blend, adding a tiny bit of fire into the mix.

Dried down: Warm, dry, unsweetened coconut. This is....calming. I think this is mainly the coconut softened by amber on me.

Throw: This has very little throw on me - I went a little heavy dotting the oil from the lid, but this might be one I may need to slather on if I want it to be powerful. But it does have a little bit of throw -I get the slightest hint of the coconut while I'm typing.

Verdict: **** 1/* I really love this, and I'm glad I got a bottle and a couple of backups. Interestingly enough, it's not a wild love - as I mentioned earlier, this has a very pleasant, serene effect on me. I can't wait to see how it ages.

oh, man ... I'm really glad I got this depsite the name. I really dread having to tell someone I'm wearing a vulva scent. :biggrin: I had resisted all vulvas up to this point. It starts off all nutty (the macadamia) with coconut and then it dries down into this magical sweet cream and marshmallow .. this might be worthy of a back up.

edited to add - When I woke up this morning it was a sweet marshmallow. I love the dry down on this

Edited by MineralGirl

I really like this.. It's very sweet/marshmallow-y, creamy/slightly buttery, and delicious with some nutty/coconut swimming around in there. But it has very little throw in my opinion. Yet, it's a very comforting scent. Still, I don't feel the need for a backup bottle like I thought I might at first. Yay for my wallet! :D Lol

eta: I wore this again today (2/21) and oddly I didn't smell it at all when i put it on but i got compliments while shopping at target. Still, 2-3 hours went by and now I smell it very strongly. I wouldn't say it's amazing but it's a very good/comforting scent.

Edited by barilace

This is beautiful! It's sweet, sugary, and very creamy. In the bottle and when wet, it's very nutty and coconutty, heavy on the buttery macadamias...going back and forth between macadamia and coconut. As it dries down, it loses some of the strong nutty/coconut scent. After a couple of hours, it's mostly a creamy marshmallow (with a hint of coconut). Very low throw, stays close to my skin.

On me, the drydown is similar to that of Reflected Vulva (though without the slightly floral sweet pea note).

I'm glad that I went for a blind bottle on this one!

In the bottle: warm, creamy, buttery macadamia and a bit of amber

Wet on skin: 0002780000030_215X215.jpg

Dry on skin: marshmallow and cream come out, smells sweeter but retains buttery cookie top note

Love it and am very glad to have a bottle. I'll probably break my newly-enforced no backups rule for this one.

Buttery coconut and nut that dries to creamy, soft coconut. Very low throw. I'm undecided on this, the butter smell when wet reminds me too much of buttered popcorn and I'm not sure I want to smell like artificial butter.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I haven't always gone for the Vulvas among the Shungas, but last year's Reflected Vulva turned out to work very well on me. Looking at the notes for Ivory Vulva, the coconut and cream sounded perfect, but I was a bit worried about the drop of golden amber. Even a drop may be enough to amp and steamroll the rest of the notes.

In the Bottle: Lots of sweet coconut, and definitely a buttery presence from somewhere. A veneer of childlike innocence with rather mature and sexy undertones.

Wet: A rush of macadamia and coconut, but then the amber comes roaring up very quickly. This bodes ill...

Drydown: The amber backs down enough for the other notes to play along, but I'm not sure about it. It stays VERY close to the skin on me and there's a lot of macadamia in it. I get a bit of the cream or maybe the marshmallow root, but the coconut is hidden under it all.

Verdict: Undecided. I'll probably try it again in a few days to be sure, but I get the feeling this will be best on someone else's wrist.

ETA: It took a while, but after finishing testing all the other Lupers, I found that this had turned to sweet creamy coconut candy at some point. So it does take a while but ends up rather nice on me after all.

Edited by puck_nc

Wet this is what your snowbound winterized mind wishes a tropical vacation would smell like. It is all coconut vanilla nutty tropical goodness. It made me think of the brown tanning oil bottles with the palm trees on them, but in the best possible way.

Dried down after a few hours this settles into an exact copy of a toasted marshmallow, but very wearable because it is lower on throw than many super foody scents.

I've had this on for 10 and a half hours and it is still going strong.

Something about this is making me think of Antique Lace.

Sweet but not cloying with a definite creamy quality to it, I think it's the combination of marshmallow root, macadamia, and amber that is reminiscent of dark vanilla to my nose. Interesting. This is not particularly tropical, despite the presence of coconut, nor is it 'buttery' at all on my skin (thank God.)

Very low throw - this is a snuggly skin scent, for sure. Happy to have a bottle when I'm in the mood for something sweeter.

Mmmmmm coconut cream, marshmallow, and amber giving it all some warmth and spice. This is like coconut cake and chilled rice pudding on a beach! I could wear this forever.

On me, this is a mix of sweet coconut curry, buttered popcorn, cardamom rice pudding, and Boo.

I love it!!! It's not beachy, and somehow not really foody, despite the foods that it brings to my mind.

Wet: Coconut is in the lead. Fresh coconut. Soon a creamy warmth spreads over the blend that smells a bit nutty and buttery. For about the first 20 minutes this has a bite to it that I don't find all that appealing.

Dry: I guess I'm in the minority that I get amber in a big way. Creamy Amber infused with Coconut. The bite I previously mentioned is gone. I was worried for a while. Amber keeps this from going too sweet and too foody. Quite beautiful. :P

Wow, I'm so jealous of all these coconut-marshmallow-toasted-nuts-cream comments. :(

On me this is like pretty almost exactly like Halfling with much less of the spice, and that is to say pretty close to a buttered popcorn flavoured Jelly Belly jelly bean. I'd love to be more wordy about it, but that really encapsulates it.

I guess there is more than one "cream" note, because most of the time they are actually creamy and great, like Zarita, Katrina Van Tassel, Venus Libitina, or Reflected Vulva, and then there is a cream that somehow got churned into butter and then left out on the table, and that's what I get from this. I kind of hope there's variation involved like happened with Very Pink Surprise Cake, because I wasn't the only one who felt this way, and I STILL want this (and Halfling too, for that matter) to end up being awesome.

Super buttery sweet. The coconut and macadamia are rich and lightly nutty sitting in a cloud of vanilla cream. Reminds me of a white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie I used to get from a coffee shop.

OMG I'm in sweet foodie heaven. This is all buttery caramel goodness on me -- it actually smells exactly like buttered popcorn jelly belly beans taste. Warm and delicious!

I actually get barely any coconut, in the wet stage at least, and while I do detect sugary marshmallows, but it's mostly just creamy, sweet butteriness. I guess maybe that is the macadamia? There is definitely a touch of something nutty in there.

I've had it on about an hour now and it doesn't seem to have morphed much, which is great! I have never ordered a backup bottle of anything from the lab so far, but I might have to have a backup of this one. It's just too delicous!

Coconut! Sweet coconut, with a hint of toasty warmth that I think is the macadamia milk. As it dries, the nuttiness gets stronger, and some of the amber comes out to join it. For a while, I get almost a sense of egg nog, which I think is the cream and the marshmallow. Once dry, it's just sweet, light, fluffy, soft, and creamy. It's not overwhelming or really very foody on me. Nothing like Snow White, but with a similar feel to me.

Gorgeous! :D