Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

EMBALMING FLUID BONBON

Chocolate and embalming fluid: perhaps an acquired taste?

This reminds me very much of a Chaos I have, and treasure. Pretty much what it says on the tin--chocolate embalming fluid. The chocolate is rich and fudgey, like a very rich chocolate brownie. Combined with embalming fluid, it reminds me of candied citrus dipped in chocolate. The chocolate is quite strong at first, fading into the background as it dries. Throw is medium to light. Very much a winner in my book, I can't stop huffing my wrists!

In imp: Yep....I also get a fudgy type chocolate note out of this.

On Skin: Chocolate note does fade pretty fast, but like stated above, there is a citrus type scent coming out with a tiny hint of the chocolate.

Dry down: Chocolate note fades a bit more and there is that sharp and a bit tangy citrus. Medium throw to me. Nice, but wish there was more chocolate to it! :)

I love this one. Lemony chocolate, delicious.

This one has surprising backbone, it's also a cloud of goodness. Winning.

Edited by stellamaris

This is Embalming Fluid with a whiff of dark cocoa. On wet, the interplay of dark cocoa and lemon is more even, but as it dries, the lemon aspects become more apparent and its like a chocolate being dissolved in embalming fluid. I get a gooey sort of lemon custard/pudding from this actually, with just a whiff of dark cocoa at the very end. Low throw, and low wear length.

On the other hand, I thought this would be the weirdest chocolate ever and its surprisingly tasty!

This has become my newest obsession and I need every bottle!

I am so glad I decided to try this thanks to a recommendation from a fellow forumite, you know who you are. (:

It literally smells like candied lemon dipped in milk chocolate or milk chocolate fudge. It's fresh without being overly clean and yet still has a foodie vibe but not so much so that it becomes cloying. This would be a good scent for those who don't like overly foodie blends. Myself, I love them but I just absolutely adore this. Hmmm, a reviewer above said lemon custard and yes, I can see that as well. I just know without a doubt that I am inlove with it and need to upgrade to a bottle immediately :wub:

I want to have this one's baby.

It smells like brownies mixed with Embalming Fluid. I know that may sound really gross - but it's not. Or like lemon glazed brownies.

It's delicious.

In the imp: Ooh! Chocolate lemon bars!

Wet on skin: Still dark chocolate-covered lemon bars with a hint of green tea.

Dried down: The citrus is coming out a bit more, with the chocolate blending into it, rather than being separate.

Throw: This actually has some nice throw on me.

Verdict: ***** I needs me a bottle of this, I think.

In the bottle, I small mostly chocolate & a little of the wonderful embalming fluid.

In the wet stage, it reverses & there's almost no chocolate. On the dry down, the chocolate is completely gone.

Whatever chocolate note is used in all of this year's bonbons, my skin eats it up & makes it disappear. I usually don't have that problem with the lab's chocolate notes. I usually amp them to high heaven. Oh well, embalming fluid is gorgeous, so I can't complain too much. :P

Edited by TorchedEarth

Yes yes yes!

Sugared lemon jelly slices doused, drenched and tousled in creamy milk chocolate

this is Liquid Lupercalia, oh my!

check please...

:bunnyluv:

In bottle: The chocolate and the lemon tea go well together, the richness of the chocolate and the tartness of the Embalming fluid complimenting each other. The musk supports the chocolate and the aloe smoothes the edges. It’s lovely. Wet: My skin amps lemon, so the balance leans towards the embalming fluid on my skin, though there is that lovely dark chocolate at the base. This is gorgeous, though sharper of edge. I love this. Dry: Embalming Fluid.

Wet: That's Embalming Fluid alright. And way stronger than the normal stuff is. The chocolate is there, but is not overtly foodie. I also never amped a true citrus from EF, and that's still the case here, which is probably why it's not reading as foody to me.

Drying: This slight whiff of chocolate is hanging around to great effect. For the most part, this is a deeper EF, but there is a chewy texture that is very different from EF straight on me, which seemed to just up and vanish.

Dry: The chocolate is much more even and evident now, but it's still not doing the awful chocolate powder that usually happens, which is a win. There is also something almost fake green tea about this. I personally love the scent, but there is a particular green tea feeling that gives a slippery vibe fitting of its namesake.

This is an acquired taste for particular occasions, but I am happy to have my half decant and can see this getting play if it ever warms up.

Lemon and occasional hints of chocolate dust! A bit like fruity pebbles!

Yellow chewy lemon swirled into a vanilla yogurt cup? The lemon dust off a lemon lollipop? Very sugary, perhaps a bit sweet for me. I'm having the same "skin is eating the chocolate" problem.

well..

Embalming Fluid has always been a no-go for me, but I am reminded exactly why.

The chocolate fades immediately and what is left is the trademark medicinal, faintly licoricey, very unpleasant, sort of alcoholic scent that is one of the worst smells I have ever put on my skin.

The odor wafting up from my arm as I type this reminds me of the breath of someone who has spent the night drinking licorice schnapps and vodka gimlets and probably has alcohol poisoning. Just sickening! Finishing this quickly so I can run to scrub it off!!

Right off, I get Embalming Fluid, but more lemony than my 'very' aged bottle from 08. Really, there's only a teeny bit of chocolate here, but that's ok, as I'm enjoying the fresher ef than mine. I like this, but not enough for an upgrade. I find too that once you do decide you like a sniffy, the bottle can be quite different. :)

In the decant: Yep, that's Embalming Fluid and chocolate. :)

Wet: Much the same as on cold sniff.

The dry-down: This isn't a morpher, but the spices of EF overtake the chocolate note and leave it as a fainter note.

Edited by thekittenkat

In bottle: dear sweet jesus, this is my dream. chocolate and lemon, two of my biggest weaknesses, and here I had previously thought it to be impossible to combine in any way that might work. it's like fresh lemon curd slathered over warm milk chocolate fudge.

Wet: identical to the in bottle impression.

Dry: the chocolate is definitely over-powered by the Embalming Fluid component within minutes. this has next to no lasting power or throw on me, but I wear it with an oil diffusing bracelet and it, chocolaty goodness included, lasts all day (and into the next). probably one of my favorite bpal scents, and I own backups.

:heart: :skull: