Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

BLOODLUST BONBON

Smoked cacao with dragon’s blood resin, red musk, red patchouli and vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.

In The Bottle: Smoky vetiver and a little cinnamon. YUM.

Wet On Skin: The dragon's blood has just shown up. It's mixing nicely with the smoky aspect, adding a little sweetness to it. The cinnamon has faded off, and has become closer to cassia, like in MB Underbed.

Dry Down: This hasn't morphed much from bottle to dry down. The smoke remains, with the dragon's blood contributing well. But I get no cacao at all, no red musk and the cinnamon is only a presence in the most remote capacity.

In All: Low throw- I think you'd have to wear quite a bit to get this to move off the skin- and the smoke has the nice aspect of being leathery without actually smelling like leather- a find for a person like me that amps leather notes to sickening levels. It reminds me a bit of Time's Infliction Of Eternity. If you loved that one, give this a try- it won't disappoint.

This is heavenly. It is the best Bon Bon blend I have tried, and it lasts forever.

The vetivert is gorgeous, not too aggressive, perfectly tempered. It leaves me in a cloud of awesome.

My skin chemistry must be way off today or my nose is broken.

I get no smoked cacao in this at all. It's just dragons blood, red patchouli, cinnamon and vetiver. It's just the original Bloodlust with a extra kick of vetiver and cinnamon. I really wanted to get the cacao so I will try this again on a different day to see if it changes.

Edited by Haltija

So, I may have to agree with this being the best wearable bonbon. I get red musk, dragon's blood, hint of chocolate and cinnamon. And it just smells like a luxurious version of Bloodlust. Low throw, decent wear length.

Bloodlust is one of my faves so this was one I knew I would love. I do really enjoy it but it's not as chocolately on me as I was hoping. It has all of the elements that I love about Bloodlust though.

Sweet, with a rotten fruit vibe. :( the chocolate note only makes it worse, bit then I really don't like fruit and chocolate even to eat together. Not for me.

Bloodlust Bonbon started out all Bloodlust on me -- really, all red musk, taking over as red musk tends to do on my skin. Then I got some DBR, a little smoky vetiver, and half an hour later, yes, out comes the cacao, making this a little deeper, smokier Bloodlust, not ever really chocolate-y. I get only a little throw from this, but it lasts a long time and it really warm, sexy and lovely.

Mostly empty sniffie with barely enough oil remaining for one application. I resisted testing this for three years after I was given it because I dislike almost all of the Blood scents, and can't wear cinnamon without welting.

Bottle: powdery, with hints of musk, chocolate, and teak.

Wet: very woody DBR, overlaid by musk and cocoa.

Dry: mostly resin and cocoa, with vague throws of patchouli and smoke. Interestingly, I had no reaction to the cinnamon; first time ever.

I found myself very surprised to actually enjoy this, and wonder how much of it working is due to the vetiver, which has never yet let me down. Aged well, I could see myself wearing it again, though I'm probably not going to rush out and search for it.

Stars: ★★★½