Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fiddlehead

Creeper Dragon

Creeper Dragon Musk: daemonorops, green leather, and red musk with dribbles of honey and white cream.

I love dragon's blood and red musk so I figured I would be happy with this. It is indeed mostly those two notes. If I really inhale I think I get a little leather, but it's barely there. Honey and cream (is there another sort of cream that isn't white, I wonder?) are barely there as well. It may age into something more complex but even if it doesn't I'll wear it, along with Blood Amber & Blood Kiss. It's definitely got the same vibe. Lovely incensy dragon's blood and red musk.

I don't get much honey or cream either. Also I get no leather....when I first put it on it's a bold spicy musky feel. But after 10-15 minutes it dries down and has a bit of a sweet vibe. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I bet it'll grown on me.

What a cute, yet perverse dragon. Quit staring at them! :eek:

The name and image is just perfect of those odd symbols that pop up in Medieval art, and frankly every time period since. Now I'm waiting on the Hieronymus Bosch symbol scents. Seriously where's that flute guy scent? :rofl:

My impressions are that this scent is both bold, and yet playfully sweet at times. I get right away the dragon's blood and the red musk. It does not get over-powering and fiery throughout its application period for me. I know that if red musk is too strong I sometimes get dizzy from it; but it doesn't happen here. It's more of a little baby drake kept to a small sizzle thanks to the cooling and sweet honey. Think of the honey notes found in Lady Una or RPG: Elf. They are more of a green, subtly herbal made honey, rather than a sticky honeycomb smell. The honey and cream may seem unnoticeable, but they act to smooth out and keep the two more volatile notes on a controlled leash. Nothing worse than a rampaging dragon! The leather then acts to ground it and give it that shade of green that is almost "slithy" in nature. The throw of the perfume starts strong, but after the first hour becomes a more medium to soft throw for me. Hard to tell, though in Winter if it's always going to be that case. The little Creeper then played peek-a-boo throughout the day. It would seem to be gone, and then return with a wisp or a turn. See what I mean by being playful. I really like this little guy. I think I shall name him Gorbash.

Flight_of_Dragons_22.jpg

Edited by Mergekat

well, I love dragon's blood so I was pretty sure thiw would be a winner for me but honestly, I got it for the name.. I mean, come on.

Ok.. so it's dragon's blood and something a little edgy.. and headache inducing (I'm looking at you red musk) .. I had hoped it would be a little more mellow. I may ot be able to wear this... might go to the hubby. The red musk just has a shard floral edge that isn't working for my brain. I do get a slight whiff of honey.. it's a musky honey, not a sweet honey or maybe that is the red musk getting all up in the honey's business.. I dunno.

Jury is out on this one but I'm leaning toward it ending up with the man.

No cream for me. This is strongly red musk and dragon's blood, with an undertone of leather. The leather gets stronger on my skin and the three are equally balanced, just a hint of honey, almost imperceptible but slightly sweetening the whole blend. I like it. :)

This would have been more aptly named Rampaging Dragon.

All the notes should work for me so why the headache?

I don't shy from strong scents but the notes seem to be amping all at once into a cacophonous screech. I tested this last night and, this morning after a shower, I can still smell it.

Maybe my skin chemistry is off but for now the Dragon has an overarching sourness to it and I smell a really pungent floral and tart berries. The honey's sweetness only adds to the dissonance. No cream detected to possibly put a leash on it. The leather note is the only one I'm enjoying. Its sort of sitting in the middle minding its own business. The leather is interesting. It does have a green vibe to it and smells slick. Sorry, that's the only word I could come up with to describe it.

So, I wonder if age will temper this beast? Right now I'm a little scared of it. :ack:

I like this!

I get almost every single note listed but just in different stages. Wet, it's super strong dragon's blood and red musk and I smell nothing else and it didn't bother me because red musk and I are friends. Drying down a little bit of a creaminess started to come out and support the more dominant notes that were taking charge, I like this part of it. Full dry the cream and the honey blend so beautifully together to make it different than any other musky blend I have in my collection. What's odd is I never got any leather and that's a shame but even without it I think it's really nice.

bottle: dark, leathery musk, and just a bit of herbal patchouli, maybe; it’s almost sweet and a little smoky.

wet: it’s very different; warmer, more comfortable, the leather just adds the merest hint of skin warmth. There is a musk that’s low key, but swirling with another note that's a bit powdery, then something that’s almost floral but not-- it could be daemonorops? I don’t know... The presentation is just very well-blended, and it is difficult to pick any notes standing out.

dry:there are musks going on; one the citrusy kind of slightly powdered black musk, and--underneath-- just a bit of the chemically, sort of high-pitched, tang that white musk usually gives me. The leather has mostly faded, and either the honey or the cream is lending a slight sweetness.

Overall, this blend is a lot lighter and warmer than expected. The honey and cream temper the leather and musk to create a rounder, friendlier whole. Yes, the dragon is a creeper, but he's a *lovable* creeper-- and has no camera, so no worries about things ending up on the 'net. :thumbsup: Oh, wait...

If you are hesitating on account of the leather, Creeper's leather is extremely smooth and soft, and all of the notes come together into an extremely wearable scent.

Well, huh. This smells like red musk, brown leather, and a splash of honey. And you know what, it smells really good. Both red musk and leather notes are problematic for me, so I'm utterly charmed by this dragon. It smells leathery and cuddly. Like what?

In some ways, I'm reminded to Loviatar in that this is a feminine leather - kinda sexual, but its kinder and gentler. I agree that it makes you think of Blood Amber and Blood Kiss, but its the leather that brings in some of that Loviatar aspect for me. (Mind you, it's been ages since I've tried Loviatar). In some ways, the leather note is the same that you find in Badgers.

So perhaps its better to say that this is a red musk version of Badgers? Which means, I'm totally on the fence on whether I need more.

I honestly can't figure out what the heck I'm smelling. It's GOOD, but none of the notes are really making themselves known, it's just an almost-minty sort of blended scent going on. I'm crossing my fingers the leather stays in the background, because so far this is quite good!

And... there's the leather. Just a teeny touch of it, though. There's still something almost-mint in there with it. If dragons were real, I wouldn't be surprised if they smelled like this. This is not really a sweet scent, but is a little exotic, definitely different than most perfumes. Well blended, to the point I'm not really able to pick out any of the individual components, other than the leather if I really sniff hard for it.

The decant is a definite keeper, but I'm still debating about bottles. It's a "maybe".

EDIT: Wearing it all day today... not as good, unfortunately. The consensus from both me and others who have smelled it is "it's OK". I am picking out the Dragon's Blood now... I agree it's not like BPAL's usual "is that lilac?" dragon's blood, and more like the bath salts from the Renaissance Faire, but there's something else in there going powdery and just not quite right on me today. Good for my wallet, but disappointing, it's fun to say you're wearing Creeper Dragon!

Edited by AmyAngel

Single note Dragon's Blood. Not the BPAL Dragon's Blood that smells flowery/fruity...the normal one that most other companies use. After drying there is something else but i can't tell if it is an odd leather...

This is almost wonderful except for the drydown weirdness.

This translates on my skin as dragon's blood mixed with red musk with a lot of sharp green musk. I don't get any leather or honey or cream. I actually like it lot but I will honestly admit I was expecting something very different from the notes listed.

This smells like beautiful dragon's blood resin with honey. Unfortunately, it's the bpal honey note that has the odd sour edge for me, so in the end this just smells like sour dragon's blood. Not for me.

It's only been on a couple of minutes and my skin is infamous for morphing scents, but so far, Creeper Dragon is outrageously sexy. I breathed in long and deep and actually moaned. Mostly dragon's blood, then green leather, with just the barest hints of red musk and honey to really amp up the sexiness. This is so good. This is making out up against a brick wall in the alley outside of a goth club with the heavy music still throbbing in your ears.

Well, hello there you little weirdo scent!

In the imp, this does have a sharp scent which I'm going to say is the green leather. It smells nothing like any of the other bpal leather notes I've tried and loved. It's almost briny, if that makes any sense.

On my skin, that briny scent is non-existent. Now the dragon's blood and musk are warm and close to my skin, sweetly swirling and playing nicely. The honey adds a thickness to this. It's nice. There is maybe the tiniest hint of that sharpness of green that hits every so often. And then twenty minutes later...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. This little weirdo Creeper Dragon right here? It's of the same stuff as Snake Charmer right now. Is this me or is this the Creeper Dragon? They're both in the reptile family, and the sharpness seems to be advancing, then receding, then advancing. So nice. The dragon's blood and musk seemed to have merged into one thing.

I almost did a blind bottle purchase on this, but I was trying to be smart with my Lupers so I just got a decant. I wouldn't have been disappointed with the bottle, now I just need to decide if I need one or two.

In the imp: Sweet muskiness. This is REALLY pretty!

Wet on skin: Tiny bit bitter, but still soft and musky.Maybe even a bit powdery.

Dried down: Mmmmm......... definitely getting a little powdery on me, but I really like that

Throw: Sweet and musky, hanging pleasantly in the air. I might want to go a little softer on this one, because as much as I like the scent, it's ALMOST going headachey on me.

Verdict: **** 1/* Aside from the almost headache, this is perfect on me. I think I might get a couple of bottles, just in case it loses the headache vibe, or if something else is causing that (like, I should probably eat lunch).

Edited by Magycmyste

i wanted to buy this for the name alone because it cracks me up, but also the notes are spot-on for my tastes. and it doesn't disappoint! it is actually kind of striking me as a more masculine o because of the sexy honey and musk combo with the addition of a very nice leather note. i really like it.

Edited by porcelina

Creeper Dragon is so much fun. I've tested this five times, and even though I'm not sure if this is really 'me', I keep coming back to it and testing it again! I can pick out the dragon's blood note—that's very clear. And I do get something green, but it's very faint on the leather. The red musk, honey, and cream are somehow transformed into something I barely recognize. All these notes, which could be familiar to me, in this particular combination really smell like something totally new. Even if I was capable of passing on the art/title combo here (which I was not), I'm really glad I got to try this because it's so unique.

Dragon's Blood and I rarely get along, hence why I got a half decant of this, but if I full bottle upgrade on any of my lupers, it will be this.

Wet: Floral but not traditional. There is sweetness from the daemonorops and honey, but the leather and musk are strong and powerful, keeping this from being super girly.

Drying: The leather and musk are coming right to the front, right where I want them to be. The sweetness and floral notes are still there, but are secondary to the lush, potent leather and spicy musk.

Dry: Leather and sweet musk. There is nothing I particularly pick out of this that shouts honey, but it's playing with that rich sweetness to great effect. Cream never showed up, which is great because it never works on me. I am currently wearing this with my Eldritch Dark Hair Gloss and they are a match made in heaven. I feel feminine and aggressive and smell amazing.

I am going to wear it again and post my thoughts (love it enough to order 2 backup bottles), but I wanted to share that I wore it on a lunch date with the hubby and the woman who owns the cafe/antique shop we were at said

"Someone smells good!"

I quickly chirped that it was me :) and she added "I hope you don't take this weird, but it's very unisex." :D she continued on how that was good

This started out all super sweet incense and musk...couldn't smell anything else.

As it sits for a couple minutes, I think I'm getting some leather (which is the note I wanted most). I actually want to try wearing this for an entire day now.

It's got that sophisticated edge to it that makes it seem very wearable.

And it;s drying more...and if I don't stop huffing my arm, a headache is going to start. I really want to test this with a heavier leather scent and see what happens.

ETA: 5 minutes later and damn the notes that turn to sweet powder on me all to hell. powder with a tinge of background leather...*sigh* must retest.

Edited by Greenwoodtree

I'm getting dragons blood, red musk and something spicy, like cinnamon. Theres almost a 'rock' or hot brick smell, like sauna rocks. I'm not really a fan, but it wouldbindeed be what I'd imagine a dragon to smell like.:-D

On my skin, it's a very animalistic musk with a little dribble of dragon blood. I can't actually smell any leather, but it has a leathery sort of feel to the whole smell. Very nice and dry.

This is pretty low key for a leather and dragon's blood blend. All the notes listed seem to point to a sweet warm scent, but on me Creeper Dragon is unexpectedly dry and green. I get no honey nor cream, and the dragon's blood comes across as almost brittle - certainly a lot drier than the bold, fruity DB the Lab usually uses.

The concept and the illustration were too good to pass up, although I wasn't convinced this was going to work on my skin. After wearing it a few times, I came to the conclusion it's not really "me". It's not bad by any means, but it's a bit disjointed and a touch too dry for me.