Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Empyreal Mist

A hazy, soft, veiled scent: mist floating through twilit skies, curling gently towards the heavens.

In the vial, this is a lovely breath of sweet florals, not particularly cool but certainly crisp and delicate. On my skin, the scent warms and sweetens with a lovely juiciness ramps up amongst the flowers, before the two combine. After a few hours, the now ephemeral scent has all but vanished leaving just a trace of its soft and gentle scent on my wrists. Edited by kunoichi

Light, green scent as others have described. Very sweet if a bit hairspray-smelling - at least it's a good hairspray scent!

Very misty scent - the mist note is the most predominant. There are some light florals underneath. It lasted on me for HOURS. Bloody gorgeous! I'm glad I have an imp - I'll be keeping my eyes out for a bottle.

In bottle: Exactly as described. It’s an extremely soft ozone, likely with a white tea base, probably white musk, and a pale flower, and maybe grapefruit or another citrus of that type and/or bamboo. Met: really hard to get my nose to pine down. Still musky ozone dominant with tea as a strong background. I no longer smell the kiss of citrus, so likely that was a figment. There is still something like bamboo or ho wood giving support to the lighter notes. This is lovely, but fast fading on my skin. Dry: A note I’m not properly identifying is now dominant (likely the thing I mistook for grapefruit), with support from the bamboo or ho. There’s also a clean maybe cotton sort of scent to it.

In the imp, it's fresh green plants, wispy air, and a touch of aquatic mist. Very clean and fresh. Oooh this is lovely after it warms up some! I think I get some white musk in there. It's less planty, more airy, and more evocative of mist. I like this stage better than wet. Definitely not long-lasting, but quite pretty while it does last. Probably not a bottle purchase but I will hang onto my imp!

At first I smell lemon tea. Similar to Shanghai, but more wispy and subdued. Shadows of florals and watery notes in the background...there's a stronger flash of dry, powdery floral...poppy?...that quickly fades. Nice but too subtle for my tastes.

Thank you tiny for sending me this as a freebie! I've been wanting to try Empyreal Mist for a long while now. It's... different than I expected. I was a little weirded out at first since it smelled like very grassy ozone with citrus. It smelled like icky cleaning fluid. Then after about 10 minutes the floral note other reviewers have mentioned comes out. It's much more pleasant at this stage and does indeed remind me a bit of Kumiho or Shanghai. It's like a white tea, grass, grapefruit and flowers. I can't really say what type specifically; probably lotus since it's sweet but still watery?

I just tried Eldritch Drunken Constellations and this actually turns a bit similar, but it's more heavily sweet, greener and has the floral component.

True to its name, this one is very green and wispy like an enveloping mist. It is incredibly subtle and stays very close to the skin. In fact my skin ate it almost immediately, which is a little sad because it was so promising. It does just settle for a second on me and then wisp away. I did get some florals while they were briefly there that kind of reminded me of daisies. Oh well. They can't all be winners for everyone.

In the imp: A mist-enveloped, slightly sweet, citrus-y floral.

Wet: I’m still thinking this is a citrus-y floral (possibly peony?) shrouded in mist. The mist note becomes more prominent as it sits on my skin. There’s also a green aspect to the scent. Overall, it’s a clean, green floral scent with a lemon-y quality to it. I wonder if that quality can be attributed to actual citrus or if there’s white tea in this, which is also somewhat lemon-y to me. If I had to compare it to another scent, I’d say this is like an aquatic Dormouse.

As it begins its drydown, I smell a waxy berry note in the background.

Dry: I think I’m smelling apple blossom, something green, mist, and a bit of waxy berry in the background.

After a while, when it is much softer and evocative of a cool breeze, I can’t help wondering if there’s white mint in this, and I do think it contains white tea now.

Verdict: Empyreal Mist is a nice, clean scent. I’m glad I am not in love with it, since it is discontinued, but it was nice to be able to try it.