Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
oceandreamer001

Sleeping at the Feet of the Snow Queen Hair Gloss

The roar of the wild wind, the howl of winter wolves, the screams of night-winged crows, and the moon shining, clear and bright: juniper and white musk with white tea extract, oakmoss absolute, white lemon rind, and tobacco.

Okay. This is amazing. Everything is blended together so beautifully that it's hard to pick out individual notes.

It smells to me of old-school Lunacy notes, circa Snow Moon 2005. A little chilly, a little powdery without being cloying. Some freshness that gives me a visual of soft snow and cold air. There is also a little of the oakmoss and tobacco which just softens it without being overpowering.

Buy it. Or two. Seriously.

Sleeping at the Feet of the Snow Queen hair gloss is definitely well-blended—very nuanced and soft. I get no snow note or accord from this, just a sense of chilliness from the white musk. The white tea note is absolutely lovely, and the lemon rind is fresh. The oakmoss and tobacco round out the bottom and add lasting power. The juniper note is balanced, clear, and bright.

It's really tough to describe because the notes sing so well together, but when I turn my head, it smells like a lovely, upscale white tea with lemon—if that tea was a fancy perfume. ;) I think to the uninitiated this will probably smell like the remnants of the best shampoo in the world. Really wonderful, and again, this hair gloss will be just as lovely in the spring and summer as it will be this winter.

I have to admit that Sleeping at the Feet of the Snow Queen is very well blended. It reminds me to Snow Moon 2005. I get icy snow, hints of citrus, and in general smells like the you've just gotten your hair done at the most expensive salon in town. It smells bright, chilly, and rich. I think the best way to describe it to me is that it smells like how I imagine a diamond would smell like, if diamonds had a smell (beyond mineral-like).

I would have loved to see what this would be like as a perfume.

this is so pretty- it's got a hint of the coolness from the snow note and the juniper starting out. after a little while it settles down a bit and i mostly get lemony white tea and white musk. the other notes ground this some, and like others have said, it's very well blended so that none of the notes stand out too strongly on their own. it's very pretty and i could see it being worn in numerous seasons.

I have to echo the previous reviewers here. This is a well-blended scent, lovely and good for multiple seasons. In fact, I think I will save my decant for summer because of the citrus that is present. I don't usually care for citrus scents, but this is a nice addition to my collection.

Citrus, tea, and musk in that order. This is very much like Lightning Storm Hair Gloss, fresh and clean, but with the added snow note. I have quite a bit of LSHG, so don't need anymore, and I'm sure the decant will last me quite awhile anyways.

Ooh, pretty. As others have said it's very well blended.

I end up with a nice melange of scents...citrus, mint, juniper, snow, smoke, musk...playing together.

Its a chilly scent and it's unobtrusive. I can tell that I'll be able to layer this will a great many scents.

I didn't think I'd ever like something with juniper and oakmoss in as much as I like this hair gloss. It's Super well blended, to the point where I don't really get any individual notes, just a gorgeous scent altogether. I didn't even realize there was a lemon note or tobacco!

It's very cool and very clean smelling, without being medicinal, or herb-y, the way some 'clean' scents can be to me. I love putting it on after showering, along with with either Black Forest (pine to gorgeous powder-y) or Bram Stroker (hot guy freshly cleaned up). 😍

Edited by stubbornfire

This seems quite fruity to me - not what I was expecting, yet somehow familiar. I was thinking it would be stronger on the evergreens with the juniper but I'm getting more fruitiness with an icy/snowy feeling & something slightly herbal in the background. It's not as citrusy as expected either, despite the tea & citrus rind. I think I know what the fruitiness is reminding me of now - Juicy Fruit gum! Bizarre how my nose manages to take this combo of notes & interpret them as slightly banana-like. So it's like I'm chewing a piece of Juicy Fruit in the forest with a winter wind whipping around me. Nice but I was hoping for something a bit more foresty.

Edited by alterosen