Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Blue Spruce and Snow-Capped Pine Atmosphere Spray

With a touch of juniper and cypress.

Blue Spruce and Snow-Capped Pine is like a snowy forest scene in a bottle. Definitely blue spruce and pine, and heavier on the spruce, with light touches of juniper and cypress, and then a big dollop of the Lab's snowy accord which smells a little ozone-y, a little minty, a little lemony, and a little eucalyptus-y (at least to my nose).

I spritzed this in my office fairly liberally and now it smells just like Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening". Perfect for this time of year!

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: Capturing that wonderful scent of a Christmas tree is always a plus for me. I have several perfumes from BPAL that help, but an atmosphere spray seems like the perfect answer for enjoying one of my favorite aromas.

In the Bottle: Evergreen. Lots and lots of evergreen. There's a suggestion of chill and snow, but I'm not sure how much of it is notes in the bottle or the fact that spruce and pine are so firmly fixed in my mind with Christmas and therefore winter.

In the Air: Without the concentration in the bottle there's a little more of the snow note with some layers to it. Still very much Christmas in a bottle, but with a gentler feel than your typical mass-market atmosphere spray.

Verdict: I believe I'll be hanging on to this one.

Edited by puck_nc

Very much pine and spruce, with the ozone/ice version of the snow note. The juniper and cypress keep it from being too much of the spruce and pine. :) I rather like this decant and just need to debate on a bottle or not.

Strong spruce/fir note with a blast of icy snow. It smells dark and snowy, with a lot of spruce. ALOT.

this is just as the name implies, spruce and snow. very pretty, it immediately brings me to christmastime, which is obvious since it is a yule scent, but it really is evocative. i would love to spray this around to get in the yule spirit when the time comes. i always want to get pine boughs to scent my apartment at yule because i don't have room for a big tree, but i love the scent. now i can spray this instead, yay.

Well, now my bottle is gone, and I apparently did not review this? I am really behind in reviewing my Post products.

I bought this one because I just love the scent of snow-covered evergreens, and I adored Schwarzwald. Although they both contain spruce, pine, and snow notes, this scent doesn't feel as dark as Schwarzwald (probably because of the lack of granite in this one, not to mention the presence of juniper here). This forest scent is brighter.

I enjoyed this one, but Schwarzwald is still my favorite forest atmo.