Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
torikitty

Lick It With Consent (2014)

Lick It is back, as minty and sweet as ever, and now you can lick it for a good cause: proceeds from every sale of Lick It With Consent will be donated to RAINN.

I'll be first. Had my husband try this on this morning.

In the bottle: sweet and minty.
Wet: Wow, peppermint. He kept going on about how cold his skin felt.
Dry: The peppermint isn't as strong, it's pretty much faded. The sweetness is coming out, but it's not a feminine sweetness. Kinda like the sweet mint gum. It seems really unisex. The throw isn't very strong, either.

Edit: We tried this again. Nice and minty at the front, but the dry is so much sweeter on my husband. Sweet to the point of smelling feminine on him. I liked it, but he thought it made him smell like a girl. A bottle I'll give up to the swap list. Edited by Carrie

Sniffing from the bottle of a friend was more then enough for me.

Dear lord, my skin would not survive this, the cold, the mint!

To much for my taste. This is by far the sharpest Lick It version ever, to me ;)

Super peppermint! It cleared out my sinuses for sure. Not getting sugar so far, just the mint. It's going to be fun to try this in layering experiments!

Edited by fiddlehead

In Bottle: Mmmm Candy Canes!

Wet: Smells Minty and like candy without being to sweet. A little like a peppermint alcohol with a bit of vanilla sweetness

Dry: This has turned into a more sophisticated vanilla. When wet it smelled like candy canes with vanilla, but now the mint is more subdued and the vanilla is not as foody as before. Normally I like overly sweet scents. But I am happy with the drydown!

I feel like now that this is dry its a little more like grown up candy canes w/ vanilla! I went crazy this year for the Yules and ordered all the foody scents. Now after trying them... this is the winner for my Christmas scent!

I love that it is a foody scent but its not like I smell like straight up food, I guess im growing up!

Going to buy 2 more bottles!

Wet, Lick it with Consent is a candy cane! Sweet and minty but not sinus-clearingly so. It's really lovely and sweet and refreshing and I can't stop smelling my wrist, which means it must be a win!

It does fade quickly, though. I applied maybe 20 minutes ago and it's not a very faint, sweet vanilla peppermint.

Edited by poofie

I almost have every year's Lick It, so yeah, I'm a little bit of an addict of the series. That being said, I was so looking forward to this year's version. This is the shortest lasting version that I own. It was gone completely in less than two hours. I do make them have a couple day time out before trying them simply because I know the scent changes with them from fresh from the Lab box.

This started out with a pretty good blend of spearmint and peppermint. It didn't have the skin tingling that I get from some of the versions, but it was wanting to. It slowly faded to a blend of mint and marzipan. Finally, I was left with the not quite vanilla base and no more mint.

Actually, this year's reminded me more of Mother Shub's Unmentionable Peppermint Cremes from last year than anything else. The lasting power is reminiscent of Lick It One More Time on me, which is my other short lasting version. Overall, this is a great addition to the Lick It family.

This is my first full sized order from BPAL and I was so excited to get it!

In the bottle: Pure peppermint. It reminded me of walking into a candy shop and smelling the fresh mints being made. It had a bit of a bitter smell underneath also. I didn't get much vanilla.

On the skin: I didn't get the skin tingles I was expecting from other reviews. It was a bit more of a spearmint than peppermint as it went on. Caught a few whiffs of vanilla and still something bitter.

Dry: Definitely a lot lighter about an hour in. Not as much mint as when it started. The vanilla comes through a little more but now smells a bit smokey. Not sure where that note comes from.

Over all I am happy with it. I have been wanting Lick It for quite a few years now but have never been able to get it before it sold out. This time I was lucky to snag it. It was different than I expected but it's pleasant. It makes me think of Santa smoking his pipe with the smokey mint scent I get. The throwing and lasting power isn't as strong as I'd like, but I still am happy with this scent. Would love to try this scent from past years and will most definitely be adding to this and making a Lick It collection.

In the decant and wet, this is nose-clearing sharp strong mint - not strictly peppermint, I'm thinking there's some spearmint in there. There's a hint of sweet, but it's not reading as vanilla, to my nose. It feels cold in my nose to sniff it. On my skin, it keeps making me think of some sort of cleaner. The mint is there, but somehow it feels more like "freshly cleaned bathroom" than "candy cane". It's not terrible, just not what I'd expected, and not something I'd want to smell like.

I left it a while, mostly forgetting about it, and now it's died down to a really pretty cold sweetness. Vanilla, with a cold feel that isn't screaming "mint". It's staying very close to the skin, however. Not a bottle purchase, but I will try the decant again in warmer weather. I doubt it will be a frequent wear, but something I'm glad to have.

10 years in BPAL, and this is my first Lick It! I was headachey today and thought a minty scent sounded like just the thing.

I'm getting less candy cane, and more peppermint-the-plant. I feel like I can smell those velvety leaves. It reminds me of the time I realized mint was growing wild in front of my house and made tea with it. It's pleasant and will be great for other times I have a headache. Keeping the decant.

There's not a ton of throw, and it faded to a whisper on one wrist in about 1.5 hours, though I can still smell it on the other. Much later in the day, when I've nearly forgotten about it, I do get a little vanilla--it's faint like the rest, but sweet and yummy-smelling.

ETA: It doesn't give me a cold sensation on my wrists, but when I brought them to my nose to sniff, I did get a cool sensation on my lips from it wafting there. (And no, I did not actually Lick It. ;) )

Edited by lady_pandora

This one is different than I expected, I thought it would be more candy cane like.

In the bottle: Minty!

on skin: Very minty but a strong, fresh mint smell, like herby and green. Small whiffs of sweet vanilla.

later: Still very green minty, a sweet vanilla note comes out later reminding me a little of Dorian.

I like it!

Edited by dangerbunnygirl

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: My favorite of the series is the original Lick It, but I regularly try others when they arrive. Most are a good combo of mint and sweet, though I've had a couple go plasticky on me. With proceeds going to a very good cause, I jumped at this one.

In the Bottle: This version seems to be a bit heavier on the vanilla and the mint - it doesn't have quite the bracing nose-clearing strength of some of the previous mints. But it is, as always, a lovely candy cane in a bottle.

Wet: Now the mint is more of the nostril blast variety: cold and crisp and sweet.

Drydown: I get that lovely tingle on the skin that tends to come with strong BPAL mint. I also get a bit more of the sweet candy vanilla.

Verdict: A great addition to the series. I'll probably pick up another bottle or two before the Yules come down.

Sweet mint and vanilla. This year's Lick It seems more wearable and I think it has to do with the vanilla note that BPAL is using these days. Unfortunately it is low throw and doesn't last on my skin.

Sweet, pretty, sugary.

I’m with stellamaris: I love Lick It for the summer, and anytime I need a light, wake-me-up scent.

This is sweet mint candy, peppermint with a little vanilla. I agree that it’s not as strong as last year’s Lick It Now and it does fade quickly. I don’t get the cooling sensation on my skin that I get from last year’s, though that may become stronger with age.

After reading reviews about previous Lick its, I was really excited for a supremely sweet candy cane scent. I think people who REALLY like mint will like Lick it with Consent, but unfortunately, those who want the sweetness will cringe like I did.

Just so freakin' minty it reminded me my dad's breath after he brushes his teeth :wacko2:

Sweet minty candy cane! Lick It is just as seasonally sweet as ever. I enjoy this during winter weekends when I'm cleaning or working on house projects, and also during the summer, when the icy blast of mint on my skin offers a cooling respite from the heat and humidity. As the mint fades, the vanilla musk comes forward for a really nice, wearable skin scent.

Wet, mint and vanilla. Very much like 'Lick It Softly' at this point, my fave from the 'Lick It' series. Dry, (and here is where it gets weird). Herbal, pennyroyal I think. Its more herbal than minty now, but I guess mint is technically a herb... Reminds me of the Mad Hatter now. Interesting, but its just not something I want to smell like.

This is... dustier? drier? Much less sharp than Lick It Again (the only other version I've tried). It doesn't burn my wrists, and quite shockingly, it's gone in an hour or two. Looks like I'll have to try this year's version for comparison, but against Lick It Again, this was a real letdown.

in the bottle: Fresh mint with sugar, but what kind of mint?

Wet: More like a spearmint than a peppermint. Not very sweet.

The dry-down: Now more the peppermint emerges, along with some sugar. On the bf, it's more sweet and pepperminty, but my skin is more acidic while his tends more to the basic. I adore this series, and LIwC has aged beautifully.

In the bottle: Peppermint candy canes.

Wet: Really strong peppermint oil smell.

Dry: Still all peppermint, just toned down slightly from the wet phase. This one isn't all sugary sweet like the Lick It Now 2013 version. But still good.

Peppermint, as usual, but I find this year's version to be sharper and not as sweet as previous year's. It has an almost musky/perfumey sharpness to it, and is all bracing, cold mint. I don't get vanilla and not much of a sugary scent to it either.