Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Magycmyste

Melty Pumpkin Ice Cream

Got this with my Metamorphosis decant circle. Squee!!!

In the imp: Pumpkin and spice! I might need to take Jack out to sniff and compare again, but the first thing that jumps out at me is "PUMPKIN!" BPAL has officially converted me into a pumpkin lover. There is a sort of creaminess in the background, but I'm looking for it.

Wet on skin: Still singing pumpkin and spice, especially cinnamon.

Dried down: Drying down.....THERE'S the ice cream! Soft, creamy vanilla and pumpkin! And spice! :D The creaminess fades quickly on me, but the pumpkin spice is still there, and it makes me feel happy. As I wear it longer, the creaminess comes back into the air a little, back and forth.

Throw: I'm not getting much throw here, and I have to sniff my wrists to really get the scent.

Verdict: **** I love this when I can smell it, and I wish the creaminess lasted longer, and was a little stronger, but this is really pretty. I'm not ready to try to slather the little bit I have, but if I had a bottle.... or two... I think I could spend the holiday season smelling like melty pumpkin ice cream!

ETA: Whoo!! First post! I feel all special. :wub:

Also must have been part of the same decant circle as magycmyste.

On me the most predominant notes are the pumpkin spices. I get a touch of vanilla. In alot of ways, this reminds me to a cross between Gingerbread Poppet and pumpkin loaf with vanilla icing on it. Very foodie.

Toothsome, tasty, pumpkin.

Pumpkin with spices, heavy on the clove, with a little cinnamon, while wet. While drying, the creaminess appears, becomes perfectly blended. The lab must have changed the pumpkin because this is very wearable for me (I'm not a foodie and pumpkin in the past has been very buttery and eww on my skin). Dry, a soft, creamy pumpkin with cinnamon. I never thought I would say I like pumpkin, but this is bpal, so never say never. Not a typical scent for me, but smells so delicious and would make a perfect candle or atmo! :clap:

Heavy on pumpkin spices, light on ice cream. I've not yet found a pumpkin that I like on me, and this one is no exception. While it doesn't make me feel physically ill (as Jack and various Pumpkin Patch blends have done), it's kind of single note pumpkin/spice from first sniff through drydown. Not offensive, but... eh.

Edited by Andyl

the pumpkin isn't buttery or sweet at all; it's got a dry feel to it, maybe because of the spices. mellow dried pumpkin with a hint of spice.

Very glad to have been able to get a small decant of this!!

Sniff in decant: Mmmm....like a warm pumpkin pie a la mode!! Does smell like it is on the verge of melting!

On Skin: Rich, spicy, pumpkin pie! As above, it isn't a sweet pumpkin, but there is a bit of sweetness that is lingering behind the warm spices! If my nose remembers, it reminds me a bit of last years Pumpkin Ice Cream bath oil, but a hair richer!

Drydown: Ok...I so love this!! It is very warm and I get all the notes....the pumpkin, spices, and that perfect vanilla! It isn't as overpowering as you might think...very soft, but there! I might have to beg for more of this!! :) If you are a foody lover like I am, get some of this if you can! :heart:

First Sniff: Pumpkin spice: it smells just like Jack (which I already have and love).

Initial Wet Application: It’s a little bit softer than Jack so I’m guessing that’s the ‘ice cream’ milkyness. There’s also warm cinnamon in here too.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): As it dried down, the cinnamon was more prominent and spicy which I didn’t like. I prefer my cinnamon warm and toasty. As this finished the drydown this was all spicy cinnamon. It reminds me more of a Christmas scent than Fall or pumpkins.

My Reaction: I was very excited to try this since it was an unreleased scent from the lap. I liked the initial first sniff, however since I already own and love Jack I didn’t need another just like him. I had hoped, after reading the reviews, that this would go creamy vanilla mixed with pumpkin spices, but it’s just spicy cinnamon. After awhile it faded, but I’m still getting mostly cinnamon. I think the vanilla in this went fake Yankee candle/plasticy on me. I can easily picture pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving from this, but as that’s the only pumpkin-thing I don’t enjoy, this is not really for me.

Rating: 1.5

Love this. I got a half imp in a swap, and this is awesome. It's like a softer creamier version of Jack (a favorite). I wish I could track down a bottle of this.