Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clover

Khephra

Hail unto thee who art Khephra in Thy hiding, even unto Thee who art Khephra in Thy silence, who travellest over the heavens in Thy bark at the Midnight Hour of the Sun.
Tahuti standeth in His splendour at the prow, and Ra-Hoor abideth at the helm.

Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of Evening.

Received an imp of this in a swap. I am positive I had tried it before, because I know I did all the Stations of the Sun when they were released, but Ahathoor was the only keeper for me at the time. But I was interested in giving this another go, especially since I had not reviewed it so who knew what went wrong first time, if anything.

IN THE IMP: Surprisingly sharp based on the notes, all of which I generally love in one form or another. Definitely a golden scent. Can't pick out any of the individual notes. Am also assuming this is an aged imp.

Dabbed on wrist an in one crook of arm.

WET: This is AMAZING when wet. The cinnamon and cloves immediately amp big time for me. And although it is not a fruity scent per se, on me this smells like delicious golden cinnamon apple pie baking. It could not be more different than the imp scent.

DRYDOWN: Once again, this morphs considerably as it dries. It returns to that sharpness and loses the cinnamony warmth. I am not getting any lavender from this at all, nor frankincense as far as I can tell. And, sadly, the myrrh goes wonky on me in the crook of my arm (it does that some time but not always), with a sort of sweat-sock salty scent.

OVERALL: If this could stay wet all the time I'd go to the ends of the earth to get more. But, in the end, it's not something I'd wear because of the drydown problems. I WILL, however, give this a shot in my newly-installed steam shower which has a little well for aromatherapy oil. I'm hoping that given the nature of the mechanics, it's something where it will amp "wet notes" and I bet that would make a luscious couple of showers!

On a scale of 1-5, a 5 when wet but a 3 when dry. And since dry lasts longer, I give it a 3.5

Wet, it's just painfully sharp. I couldn't wait for it to dry because it was so unpleasant, so I wiped as much off as possible, and what's left is a warm, slightly bracing cinnamon, with a hint of resinous incense smoke. Really nice once it's dry, but a little goes a long way.