Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Black Clove, Tobacco Flower and Grave Soil Hair Gloss

Siste viator.

I have very short hair, and was very excited about this because as a guy I can't usually (as much as I'd like to) pull off the more floral, exotic, strongly scented glosses. I don't need much.

For some reason this iteration of hair gloss spray has a much more clear and easy to spray, non-clogging top. Hope this holds up!

In a nutshell, this is dark, broody, but a bit drier and more high pitched than I expected. I expected some dark, thrummy musk, but this is predominantly a smoky tobacco (more the flower, although it's dry, crisp, bronze, if that makes sense). The clove, while present, is not as strong as in such things as Velvet Bandito or the Black Clove candle. The type of dirt is not the exuberant moist filthiness of Graveyard Dirt, but more the same tone found in Down the Rabbit Hole.

The overall effect is a truly 'environmental' and evocative scent, while not traditionally pleasant, will appeal to those who like dry, potting soil, and an earthy, yet not overpowering, light aura of fragrance in the hair. I kind of smell like a hipster zombie.

Two paws up!

I just received my package of awesome from the mailman (yay for retirement and being at home when the mail arrives!) and unwrapped this as quickly as I could. I love my hair glosses, and have amassed quite a large collection because my hair has an addiction, and this one was an insta-buy. I am not disappointed at all!

I sprayed a couple of sprays into the palms of my hands, and yes, it's a spray mist, not the squirt of the early bottles. The black clove and grave soil are instantly present, with the tobacco flower more faint. I'm very happy that the clove is more present than in my Frankincense & Clove hair gloss (the frankincense stomps out the clove in that one, but it's still beautiful and I love it) and I feel like the grave soil is very much like my Graveyard Dirt 2008. I detect the dirt note in my beloved Premature Burial. Oh, this makes me very happy indeed! Applied to my long hair (a floof through it with my hands) and it blends into a beautiful earthy scent. Very autumnal, and exactly what I was hoping for. :evol:

I am going to love to wear this one, and also can't wait to play around with layering it with the other Halloween glosses I just received (Pumpkin Spice Everything and Autumn Leaves & Haitian Patchouli.)

Puddin', thank you for giving the dirt-lovers a hair gloss! Does that make me a dirty girl? :P

Edited after giving this another full test: Damn, I can't afford to keep backup bottles of every gloss on hand, even with my hair! But... WANT!

Don't be afraid of the grave soil note in your hair! On hair, the clove and tobacco flower keep it in check, and this is a gorgeous spicy sweet earthy scent. Also, I did give this bottle a shake to be sure it was fully blended before applying. Sometimes the hair glosses need a shake, as Puddin' has also agreed with previously.

Edited by Poenari

UGH. Where have you been all my life?

This smells like clove and tobacco flower, and I don't really get much of a grave soil.

So my hair smells like I've been smoking clove cigarettes, but without actually having to smoke a damn thing.

EPIC WIN, people, EPIC WIN.

In the decant: Mostly clove with some dirt.

In my hair: The clove dominates. I thought that the dirt would be pretty strong (and that's why I went for a decant instead of a bottle). While it is certainly present, it's actually rather soft. The tobacco flower note seems to emerge more over time.

The scent was still in my hair when I woke up this morning, and when I took a shower, I was immersed in a cloud of clove/tobacco/soil awesomeness.

Verdict: I LOVE THIS. I will definitely be ordering a bottle before it goes away. :wub2:

this is all clove with the dirt and a hint of tobacco. the clove is strongest at first and the dirt seems to linger the most. the tobacco is a supporting character, but after an hour or so it's mostly tobacco and clove. lovely!

I LOVE this one. For some reason, I really like the scent of dirt, and I feel like I'm in the loamiest, comfiest blanket of dirt EVER!! Smells like rich potting soil and clove. Unfortunately, it doesn't smell as strong after my hair dries, BOO. I still love it, and will enjoy the rest of my decant.

When I spray this on my hair, I get tobacco, then clove, then dirt. Bit strange, but then the three notes start to blend together. :) There might also be a touch of ozone in here. Perfect to wear w/ Graveyard Dirt.

This might be my favorite of all the hair glosses I have. I wish it wasn't so rare! I don't wear it nearly as often as I'd because I can't bear the thought of running out. It's spicy cloves and that rich black graveyard dirt note, with a whiff of tobacco flower tying it together. I can't stop sniffing my hair when I wear this one. I hope Puddin' brings it back someday!!