Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Blueberry Picking

Sun-warmed, slightly squishy blueberries plus overgrown grass, overgrown honeysuckle, overgrown lavender, overgrown lemon verbena, and a smattering of un-pulled weeds.

This so fun and fruity! I find blueberry too sweet and boring by itself, but there's something citrus here balancing it out. Aahhh, the lemon verbena, now that I see it listed. I may keep my eye out for more of this, its lovely and fresh for summer.

Realistic delicious blueberries! :D
I'm getting a very faint lavender and the sharp green notes that represent the rest of the garden. The blueberries go very faint on my skin but it's still sweet enough to dim those sharp green notes. This is a work of art.

My dad would love this.

I wish this one worked for me. I recently tracked down a bottle and at first sniff it was all gorgeous, realistic blueberries. When applied, it stayed true to that, smelling almost of a pot of warm blueberry jam simmering on the stove, with a slight hint of grassy, weedy lemon verbena underneath. Unfortunately, as soon as it hit the dry down stage the blueberries vanished, the lemony whiff vanished, and all that was left on my skin was the scent of dusty, musty hay. Not even sweet, new hay, but old hay that has been languishing unused for too long. I don't know if it's just my chemistry, or maybe it's a blend that didn't age very well. Bummer.

I like this a lot. Blueberry notes are often way too sweet for me, but the tart lemon verbena and green, grassy notes keep this from turning cloying on me. It smells like coming upon an abandoned blueberry patch where green grass, weeds, herbs, and lavender are sprouting up through the blueberry bushes. Fades really fast (gone entirely within an hour on my skin), but is so fun while it lasts.

This is really nice. In the decant, it really smells like a squished fresh blueberry, plus warm honeysuckle and some citrus. On my skin, this is all about the lemon verbena. There's a hint of lavender and honeysuckle, and the blueberry is hiding out there in the background, but this smells like a lovely herbal citrus mix. Super spring/summery. 

This is sooo good and honestly a must-have for blueberry fans. This was shockingly similar to the lunacy Lán Yuèliàng on me, with the only noticeable difference between the two was Blueberry Picking's grassy notes and the faintest hint of lavender. So if you already have one, you probably won't need both.

The blueberries were definitely the star of the blend alongside the grasses, they started out slightly sour but got sweeter with more time. The wear time isn't the best, fades a lot within an hour, but parts of it are still present for the rest of the day, especially the lemon verbena which to me is what makes this resemble Lán Yuèliàng.