Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A dark scent, sultry but sullen: tobacco absolute, birch tar, blackened clove, whip leather, and spiced rum.

This is a dark scent that settles more around the blackened clove and birch tar. The spiced rum and tobacco give it a hazy, slightly sweet quality but overall it's rather dark and murky. For now, as it is wet, it's more sullen than sultry.

After settling, this scent gets a bit more foody, with the spiced rum and blackened clove giving it a warm, spicy bite to it. The leather sort of comes in waves, almost totally gone sometimes, and then sneaking back in... like a whip. >.<; =D It's a little more sultry now.

Edited by Absinthetics

The leather overpowered everything is this blend (as its apt to do on my skin, very few leathers work) eventually drying down do a sweet but stanky leather note of doom.

I think aging would work wonders for those who can wear most leathers or like clove and booze but it's not for me.

*chinhands* Do you miss Spanked (whip leather, cardamom, patchouli and bourbon)? Never got a bottle, used up your bottle, maybe had a decant, always wanted to try it? This is really, really similar. It's a little less spicy, a wee bit smoky (at least in the initial wet stages; the tobacco and birch tar completely disappear once it's dry), and a tad warmer, but the leather note is very similar, and the drydown, at least on me, is practically identical.

It reminds me of going to the goth club Back In The Day -- warm leather, sweet alcohol on everyone's breath, and a hint of clove smoke because everyone loved Djarum Blacks. Dark and saucy, with perhaps the implication of an invitation for sexy shenanigans later, maybe. Or now. Who can say?

I ...this sort of scent is the sort I always want to adore and end up sniffing for a while, nodding appreciatively, then setting aside and never wearing. If you're the sort of person who likes wearing these sexy leather-and-spices-with-a-hint-of-booze scents all the time and cannot get enough, then you should stomp around until you get a bottle of one of these. But really, unless you only like the way they smell when absolutely fresh, you probably don't need both.

tl;dr: Spanked Part Two: Electric Boogaloo.

So, I would say that this is Spanked lite. For those of you that amped up the leather, fear not. Miss Fanny is mainly tobacco, clove, spiced rum with a whiff of smoky leather.

For me, I wasn't fond of the original Spanked and found the leather overwhelming. I find Miss Fanny much more wearable, and therefore enticing.

But if you dark, sultry, leather-like blends, give this one a whirl. She won't disappoint you.

Oh, lords. This is naughty.

When it's wet, it reminds me of a boozy baked apple minus the apple.

Once it dries a bit, the two notes that most dominate are clove and birch. I know birch because it just might be my favorite thing in the world (I am 99% sure it is the wintergreen-like note I love in Hamadryad). Indeed, it is similar to the woodsy Hamadryad. I smell zero tobacco, and the leather plays all but a supporting role. The rum is there offering a sour, boozy quality that comes and goes. Sniffing this close to the skin is like sniffing a sweet clove and wintergreen liquor. It is a dark, sultry scent.

This blend pushes my limits because it almost reminds me of a food (orange spice?) at first, and I hate foody scents.

A mishmash of spice and leather, and SPICE, of the cinnamon variety. Red Hots. These notes are great, but together, it is one of the most disjointed scents I have ever smelled. It's like someone poured notes in a decanter without even looking. ZZ is right, it does kind of smell like Spanked, only with more cinnamon.

Bottle: mmmm leather. Like walking into a leather store

Wet on Me: oooooof fabulous leather.

Drying Down: the tobacco is lettings its gentle presence be known

Dry: leather and tobacco. Not bad. Man!

Aging has really smoothed this out and made it delicious. On me this is mostly equally cloves, leather and tobacco, with a bit of cinnamon and a hint of sweetness that must be the rum. It's dark and assertive, but not overpowering- sexy, but in an understated way. Also fairly unisex. Yum.

i'm scared of the rum here, but i'll give it a shot. the clove dominates a delicious black leather note. it reminds me of spanked (cardamom/leather) but more subtle and definitely lighter on the leather. the rum is actually being ok for me- i think the clove and spices keep it from turning to plastic. the tobacco is mostly there in the background and i don't get much of the birch tar- unless that is what's providing the delicious smoky note that ties everything together!

I really couldn't make my mind up about this the first time I tried it, but now it's had a week or two to settle, I'm absolutely in love with it! It's perfectly gender-neutral, almost masculine leaning, very dark and badass, but sweet at the same time - a similar vibe to Interfector, which I also love. The spiced rum and clove with the birch tar almost give it a slightly Christmassy feel, like an evil, boozy pomander :wub3: On the first day this arrived, the leather was very dominant, and almost a bit nauseating with the boozy sweetness, but now it's settled the leather's barely there, right in the background, and the overall impression's much more harmonious. With the tobacco and birch tar it's very thick, dark, and smoky, overlaid with the spice of the clove and the sweet booziness of the rum. Love, love love!! It's just so badass smelling, but at the same time really comforting - I will be wearing this a lot, and may well have to hunt down a second bottle if my infatuation continues! :wub2:

Spiced rum does its usual thing and smells like dark cinnamon on me, but I love it paired with the dark, smoky leather, hints of sharp clove, and sweet tobacco. The smoke is a bit much when first applied, but it tones down and lets the leather and tobacco come through in the drydown. This is more complex than Spanked is on me, and has that touch of smokiness that Spanked doesn't, but I can definitely see the similarities. I really like this on my man, and he was amused by the name "Miss Fanny Phippany," lol.

Wet: Whooo!! That's a lot of leather and clove. STRONG leather. However, it's not doing that whole icky chemicals things, and the clove sweetens it up nicely, making the whole thing pretty damn sexy. Black leather and clove cigarettes, sexy. I have been looking for a scent like this for AGES. The clove is perfect in this.

Dry: This has good lasting power. The leather note is still strongest, but it's a smooth leather, and I can handle it. It's sweet, rich and spicy as well. It's altogether a very dark, sexy scent. I like it! Not sure how much wear I will get out of it, but I am happy to have it.