Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Fish That Swims

Non-Foody Pumpkin/Jack O'Lantern scent

I'm looking for a scent that smells like a lit jack o'lantern: candle smoke and wax, plus lots of raw pumpkin... (except maybe for that little toasty bit that gets burned by the candle flame)...other outdoors-y type notes would be welcome too

but, please, nothing spicy or foody if it can be helped. It's so hard to find pumpkin without the spice. (plus I tend to amp anything sweet to high heaven)

so sorry if this has been posted before...i've been through pages of pumpkin recs but didn't find what I'm looking for

thanks!

My favorite pumpkin scent from the Lab is Fizzy Jack O'Lantern. To my nose it isn't spicy at all, just a little tart and effervescent and sweet. It might be a little more evocative of a jack o'lantern layered with something that smells like a burning candle. It was a LE from Weenies past though.

Theme in Yellow is pretty much a jack o' lantern scent. It was one of last year's weenies, so it shouldn't be too hard to procure :smile:

Theme in Yellow is pretty much a jack o' lantern scent. It was one of last year's weenies, so it shouldn't be too hard to procure :smile:

Agree

and if it's not smoky enough for you just toss on a bit of lights of mens lives over it and that should so the trick.

Theme in yellow is the inside of a carved pumpkin for sure.

Have a look for Shattered Pumpkin (Soil-covered crushed pumpkin, water-weeds, saddle-leather, and pine pitch, from 2008) & Pumpkin Smash (Pumpkin pulp, beeswax candles, smoke, asphalt, and beer, from 2007, some people report some spice but it's probably the beeswax)

I love Samhain but don't notice the pumpkin - it's all earthy spiced apples on me. Put it on your wishlist anyway, you never know.