Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach and blackcurrant with aged patchouli, red sandalwood, benzoin, and blue musk.

This one was really surprising, as I normally avoid anything with patchouli - but, hey, listen to the labbies sometime.

In the bottle: Wow! Strong and unfriendly patchouli! would have walked away after one sniff.. but...

wet on skin: Ok.. Ok.. with the sandalwood, it's more woodsy patchouli than dirty hippie patchouli, and the peach and blackcurrant give both sweet and sour brightness, something kind of smooth, soft, kinda-sorta-not really vanilla-ish (I guess benzoin) helps bridge the two.

dry: soft, subtle, not too strong, sweet peach with a bit of tartness/brightness from the currant, and the others calm down lovely in the background as a soft friendly woodland background - also, no baby powder of doom from this musk!

Overall, really surprised. The win is in the skin test on this one.

In the bottle....benzoin and sandalwood with the barest whisper of faint peach

Wet On Me: More sandalwood less fruit

Drying Down: The patchouli is finally waking up but the fruits seem farther and farther away now.

Dry: mostly wood. a sandalwood over a patchouli that somehow turned to vetiver on me? no peach....no blackcurrant :(

Will let this age and try testing again. I am an optimist!

Peach VI is all about the sandalwood on me.

Wet, this is dominated by bitter-sharp blackcurrant and spicy resins, with peach in the background. On the skin it wears into a woodsy, sinewy resin with dried fruits. I amp the sandalwood, but this is a very rounded and ripe sandalwood, bolstered by peach and patchouli, with the bite of blackcurrant on top.

This would be a great masculine peach blend. Sadly, blackcurrant always turns to sweat on me, so I'm not the best skin tester.

On drydown, it develops the resinous sweetness of dried fruits and incense.

In sum: It's like hiking with a pleasantly sweaty hipster man in a dry, high-altitude forest (probably in a state with less than 2 inches of rainfall a year), smelling the woodsy air and munching dried peaches.

In the bottle: Soft peach. Before I checked the notes list, I thought this was the dried peach of Peach VII.

Wet: There’s a moment when I get an almost chocolate or cocoa vibe—I don’t understand it either. Like a fruit-filled chocolate.

Dry: And now the patchouli and sandalwood appear. I was expecting them to be strong with my skin chemistry.

After a couple of hours, the wood notes settle down, and I’m left with a very soft, not too sweet, close-to-the skin peach. The blackcurrant is just apparent. This doesn’t last too long.

In the final drydown, especially the throw, the peach and blackcurrant combine to smell like frankincense.

I applied Peach VI the day after receiving it in the mail. I think I need to let it settle down and age a bit before it truly reveals itself.

In Bottle: Rather more patchouli than I’d hoped. The patchouli and sandalwood face off against black currant and peach, with the soft blue musk tying them together. Wet: Patchouli dominant with sandalwood in support, rather chalky. Musk second, asnd my skin has swallowed most of the fruit. Dry: Mostly patchouli with some musk.

In alot of ways, this reminds me as a dirty, slightly peachy on wet version of Silence.

*dead silence*

[ahhh, unintended pun]. So I get a ton of blue musk and benzoin, with a swirl of peach (especially on wet) but that recedes as it dries. Instead, the patchouli/sandalwood comes to the front. Wait... is that a whiff of black currant? That adds a slight sweetness to it all.

And then I'm left with a very contemplative/thoughtful blend. Blue musk, benzoin, and a ton of sandalwood with a fair dash of patchouli.

So, yes. Dirty Silence.

I get the Silence comparison. Silence is actually stronger than this which is saying something, because it's pretty light. This is less sweet and floral.

Peach VI is incredibly light and airy. I was expecting something stronger with the patch, but it's just barely there. It smells like wet, cool blue musk, an almost bone-like benzoin, a whisper of woods and a trickle of peach. Very nice but super light. There's something just barely spicy at the edges which must be the blackcurrant. I'm hardly getting any patchouli here, so maybe my skin chemistry ate it.

I like this, but it's so delicate I can barely smell it even inches way from my skin. It smells like fresh air with just a hint of peach and sandalwood in the breeze. I would want more it the sillage wasn't nonexistent...

*later*

Gave it a bit more time and realized this is one of the unusual blends where it actually gets stronger as it dries. Not a whole lot, but enough that the woods are more apparent and the blackcurrant comes out fully. Even better now.

Edited by Balame

Not a heavy patchouli, more like Imp, a refined version of Imp. Very very very good, all the peaches were awesome.

Wet in the bottle it's fruity in a way that some strong fruit spirits are - that almost acrid note.

Once dry, to me this is a dead ringer for Misfortune Teller V3 which makes me very happy indeed - fruity richness and very opulent dark incense. I will need more than my one bottle.

Beware, uber fruity alert!!! Bright fruity peach with sweet berries. This would be a great summer blend for those who like FRUIT. The patchouli comes after a bit, but it's still pretty peachy. It is sort of reminiscent of Crypt Queen later on, but with peach instead of dark fruits. The peach is quite realistic after the dry down, and I quite enjoy it after the initial blast of fruit.

In the decant, the sandalwood/patchouli was more prominent, but as soon as I put it on the fruit really came to the fore.

This is primarily about the blackcurrant, for me. I can smell the patchouli under it, and the peach comes out more as it dries. I definitely understand the comparisons to Imp, the peach + patchouli is definitely similar, but the bright tart blackcurrant makes it overall a pretty different scent in tone, to me. The tone reminds me a little more of Black Heart, I think.

Ultimately, I wanted a bit more peach, but people who love fruit/patchouli scents will be happy with this one, I think.

I got this when it came out and never reviewed it? Anyways... this is super fruity, deep, sweet and the blue musk is an unusual twist that actually works.

Wet, reminds me of a classic British type perfume but a bit sweeter and naughtier.

Drydown: The patchouli smells of the aged red type, which is my nose confusing red sandalwood with red patchouli...anywhooo. It bombs forward on drydown. If you like sweet funky dirty goblin/imp scents, this is for you.

Peach and patchouli. Uh, yes please? Searched out a bottle from a fellow forumn-ite

Bottle: Tart/sour peach pit
Initial Skin: Patchouli blooms. Peach is strong. Exactly what I hoped for. A softer, more grown up Depraved. With Peaches.
Drydown: Really liking this one. This will easily be an everyday grab for me. It's everything I love in Depraved - that dirty thick gnarly patchouli, with that wet dollop of apricot. But in this case the peach instead of apricot makes it sweeter and more gentle. The addition of sandalwood & crew mellows out the super gnarled patchouli into something a bit more refined and gentle. It's basically a more wearable / less in your face version of Depraved. I'd wear Depraved every day all the time, except that I know it smells odd to some people so comes across poorly in the workplace sometimes. Peach VI fits the bill for what I love, but being sensible to people around me. It, to me, makes it more universal without sacrificing any BPAL beauty for my nose.

Verdict: Adult, professional, grown-up Depraved.

But still amazingly dirty under the bun & button-ups.

Keeper. This is amazing.

Patchouli and peaches with touches of blackcurrant and benzoin. This is definitely not foodie on me even with the peaches. However it is very faint and fades pretty fast, so I would totally use more next time I wear this. Benzoin was incredibly strong when wet, basically overpowering everything. But it definitely fades down if that's a concern for you to let the peaches get stronger. 

It's good, not my favorite BPAL peach, but a nice twist.