Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Triton

Something for Industriousness/Getting down to work

Hi everyone!

What GC scents do you reach for when you need to rollup your sleeves and dig into a task? I'm not exploring the voodoo scents right now, just looking for a Bpal scent to anoint myself with when starting work on my business for the day, to make it more pleasant and less arduous.

What makes you feel:

Confident, capable, endurance, grit, sisu, focused, determined, industrious?

Like something a lady knight might wear before doing a necessary, unglamorous task?

I'm so eager to hear your suggestions!

I don't purchase LE's right now, so GC scents are more immediately useful.

Depends how "gritty" you want to get. Fighter is one of my favorite blends for strength and confidence, but it's pretty powerful if you're not a leather fan.

I also like Fairy Wine for work, weirdly enough. It always makes me happy, and since work can get pretty dull and depressing sometimes, it's nice to imagine drunken fairies now and then (plus the currants are delicious). Dee is very studious but soothing, same with Aziraphale. Hm... and I'd also go with Penitence. It's quite solemn but seems to bring me focus.

Thank you! (Kiitos, ja hyvaa paivaa sinulle!) I'm adding all of your recommendations to a brand new wishlist :rolleyes2: . I admit, I'm kind of surprised not to find any existing threads on "endurance", "work" etc. How else are we supposed to make work fun?!

honestly, bpal blends tend to set me to dreaming in the best way possible. I do sometimes use minty blends (krampuslaufen and lick it now are both yule LE's at work to give me a boost, but not to help me focus.)

not a bpal blend, but I once saw a recipe for an essential oil combo called the fog cutter. it was cypress and grapefruit oils. I have added this combo to my oil burner set up and had an insane amount of success.

there is a twilight alchemy lab combo called discipline that might work for you, although you can only find it in imps on the forum.

Villain is my industrious scent. It's not so much a scent that keeps me alert or pushes me, but it makes me feel "bossed up" and capable. It's my interview/boardroom in a power suit and a big smile sort of scent.

Ahahaaaaa! The combination of "Villain" and "boardroom" is hilarious. Yes, I can see exactly how that would work. And that's exactly what I'm looking for; not alertness or concentration, but that feeling of being capable.

I love it. It's going on the list!

..and I love that recipe for "fog cutter". Sounds brilliant!

I prefer my herbal-based florals to get down to business. Rosemary's my go-to in general, supplemented by lilac or tea rose for lightness and residual light floral.

I wear Bengal a lot for this sort of thing. The spices feel like they clear my head right out, and the whole thing is also reminiscent of a caffeinated beverage like a chai latte. :) Works best if you have a real caffeinated beverage too, lol!

Sign in to follow this