Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mooncityminx

Have there ever been any Bee themed Scents?

Have there ever been any bee themed scents?

I remember Honey Moon (I think) had a bee themed tee, at the Post. And we have the honeys in the garden (awesomeness.) But besides that, any bee themed scents?

I don't think so ... I did a search on my spreadsheet for "bee" and "hive" and neither came back with a single hit. I mean, honey is a fairly common note, but if you're thinking themes/names, I think you're right, nothing specifically bee themed.

I would really love to see a whole set of Honey scents with the money going to an organization that is working with bees to investigate and understand colony collapse and the disappearance of the American Honey Bee.

But I have a special love of bees, even if I don't want them near me because I'm allergic to their sting.

Edited by evanesce

I would really love to see a whole set of Honey scents with the money going to an organization that is working with bees to investigate and understand colony collapse and the disappearance of the American Honey Bee.

But I have a special love of bees, even if I don't want them near me because I'm allergic to their sting.

Ooooh! That would be fun, and a great cause!

If any of the Labbies are checking the forum, I support this idea!

Yeah, I really love bees. I recently had a dream about a bee landing on my forehead, above my left eye. It had a profound effect on me. I did some research about bees in dream language, and the dream had a very shamanistic feel. I would love to someday see some bee scents, celebrating the qualities of bees. Maybe a Medicine Bee or a Queen Bee.

I'm an oil painter, so I am planning a self portrait, based on that dream.

There have been moth, butterfly, bat, spider, and ant themed scents, so - why not a bee themed one, too? Maybe it's only a matter of time :smile:

Until then there are the honey scents, and Paduan Killer Swarm, that was mentioned upthread.

As a hobby beekeeper, I love this idea. I do have Paduan Killer Swarm, which I bought simply for the bee reference, and turned out to LOVE. There are also all of the honey scents, but I am embarrassed to say that I haven't tried them all yet!

The smell of beekeeping would be awesome to capture--fresh cut lumber (the hive bodies and frames), resinous propilis, pine needle smoke, a plethora of pollens, beeswax oozing wildflower honey, with the hint of burnt honey you get in the honey house when you use the uncapping knife.

As a hobby beekeeper, I love this idea. I do have Paduan Killer Swarm, which I bought simply for the bee reference, and turned out to LOVE. There are also all of the honey scents, but I am embarrassed to say that I haven't tried them all yet!

The smell of beekeeping would be awesome to capture--fresh cut lumber (the hive bodies and frames), resinous propilis, pine needle smoke, a plethora of pollens, beeswax oozing wildflower honey, with the hint of burnt honey you get in the honey house when you use the uncapping knife.

This needs to happen like now. I would buy so many bottles of that!

I find when I mix Hetairae and Lights of Men’s lives together that I get a Hive-ish smell.

That would be amazing!

Maybe the different scents could be named after different species of bees - the same way that the Metamorphosis scents are named after butterflies.

:D

This sounds like it would be an amazing scent! I really like the idea of a piney sweetness.

One of my more cherished pet names that I've been called is bee themed, so I'd be all over a bee themed scent.

I actually held off reading the thread for a few, because I was afraid the answer would be no.

Killer Swarm will be going on the list for sure, even though I was hoping for happier bees, lol.

That's delightfully evocative.

I want beeswax oozing with wildflower honey now, but I didn't make it up to the farmer's market today. :thud:

The summer of the Killer Swarm was amazing! There were several infused honey blends (Jerusalem Cherry Infused honey being a particular favorite of mine, as well as the oddity Durian Fruit Infused honey). Padwan Killer Swarm is one of my all time favorites. There are some general catalog honey blends in Rappaccini's Garden. - 7 of them all grouped at the bottom of the page. I'd look at the reviews for them and see if anything catches your fancy.