Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red musk and threads of saffron with sweet wild tobacco, blackened clove, white sandalwood, cypress, and black pine pitch.

Continuing in my saga of reductive reviews, I get red musk, wood, and pine. As it dries down, I get a touch of clove. So in general, it's a sexy red musk with touches of wood, pine and clove.

Not my type of blend, but then again, I find red musk to be utterly overwhelming to just about every other element in the blend.

I quite like this, but it IS very red musk-heavy and I also am starting to feel like I have plenty of these type of blends in my collection. It's tough for me to pass up anything with red musk and "sweet wild tobacco", though.

So as I said, very red musky with lovely touches of tobacco and a general woodsiness. The clove is a mere whisper, which is just the way I like it.

Edited by OctoberGwen

• ITI: The cypress and pine pitch make the scent initially very astringent, but useful for a stuffy nose. However, second sniff reveals a sub-layer of resins and spices that tone down the astringency and add some lovely exotic undertones.

Wet: IT's still very close the the bottled impression with just a bit more clove, musk, and sandalwood. It reminds me of a wooden incense box.

Dry: It's definitely a strongly wood and resin scent. After a few hours, it is the scent of pine pitch, sandalwood, tobacco, musk, and clove that remain. It's pleasant, but very strong and non-floral.

OctoberGwens review is basically my experience. I'm a huge fan of red musk blends myself and can't ever pass one up. :)

This opens with strong notes of red musk, cypress and pine. The conifers quickly quiet down allowing for the red musk to take center stage. There's a hint of tobacco and a lot of clove for me (I tend to amp clove). The final dry down is mostly red musk and clove. It's sort of like someone smoking a Djarum Black in the presence of gorgeous incense. :wub2: LOVE!

This is spices and resins, very dry, and almost identical to Sunbird, only this one is a bit less dry that SB. Dusty, fiery, and reminds me of the desert, yeah, a more subdued Sunbird.

initially I thought I liked this scent, but it's very muddled. It's a vague musk / resin scent and it doesn't last very long on me. It's almost cloying in a dry way

occasionally I get a hint of clove, but

Wet: OMG such an amazing blast of caramelly, chewy tobacco. Then the wood comes out, and something almost smells like sarsaparilla. It's really good. With this combo of notes, the musk almost smells more like black musk than red musk. This is not what I was expecting. I was hoping for red musk, worried it would be too much woods, but I never expected it would be amazing in this way. It is really really good on me. I think a man could easily wear this too, but I don't find it too masculine for me. It's hard to describe, the whole is more than the sum of its parts. This is unique, sexy, and I am loving it.

Dry: Tobacco and musk - doesn't get much sexier than that. I love it. Better even than I had hoped.