Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jenny-bear

Scents that help you study

Hey so I am an MBa student and since I started getting into bpal it's evoked a lot of memories I was hoping I could maybe use it to help me remember things during tests. Anyone have any good suggestions as to things that sound "studious" 😉

There's iole A serious, studious scent: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber.

Of course, I'm sure you already tried Miskatonic University: The scent of Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls.

For me, I like to study with Mage: All mystique and thrumming power: gurjum balsam, Sumatran dragon's blood resin, olibanum, galangal, oleo gum resin, and frankincense. <- I'm biased towards mage, because I'm a huge Skyrim fan and this is what I imagine the Archmage's Quarters smelling like.

Rosemary and Lavender are known to boost mental clarity, Arcana: Frankincense, rosemary, lavender, neroli, and verbena.

So does citrus scents, Embalming Fluid: A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

There's a whole lot of lemon, orange, and lime scents.

Mint is also a fog-clearing fragrance, Juke Joint: Kentucky Bourbon, sugar and a sprig of mint. <- not roadhouse boozy, don't let the bourbon scare you ^_^

A perfect studying scent is what you associate studying with. whether it's an alchemist's laboratory or dusty library books. Find what you associate success with :)

Edited by Amber Tears

It may sound obvious but the TAL Concentration is amazing for studying. I really wouldn't want to do an exam without it anymore.

Another blend that is reminiscent of Miskatonic University, and that I have myself used in my writing group to feel studious and creative, is Picture Books in Winter from last year's Yules. It's nice and bookish, but faint enough that it won't distract you from your work.

Yeah I definitely really like the smell of books so these ideas are really great. I for sure will add some of these to my wish lists. I also like the coffee smell in some of these.

it isn't in the study or book theme per say, but sometimes when I get home after a long long day or work, I dab on a bit of winter stars. this scent silences my monkey mind (chatter chatter!) and brings a sense of profound calm to me. it doesn't make me drowsy. if I want to sit and think and be focused and have a bit of stillness (or take a late walk) this adds a level of grace to whatever I am doing. if I were to take a class again soon, I would try using this or another mugwort blend in studying (waters of the well of wisdom is another bottle I have, but haven't tried it late at night).

winter stars was a 2013 yule, and one that I don't think was heavily loved, so it may come up in forum sales for a nice low price.

I think the main trick will be to train yourself that once you apply your chosen oil, you immediately sit down and work/study/learn. your pavlov's bell will be a smell.

good luck!

Edited by annemathematics

Sign in to follow this