Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HerbGirl

Skoocoom House Atmosphere Spray

The Sasquets ancestral estate: vast dark halls of stone threaded by cascading rivulets of beeswax, and the scent of snow-laden fireweed, Pacific silver fir, thick mounds of vibrant green moss, purple lupine, Pacific bleeding heart, and lava ash.

Um...this is fantastic. The Lab's chilly, yet comforting stone note with LUPINE! And moss and other light flowers...gorgeous.

And then the beeswax comes out and stomps and pees all over everything. Crap. :-(

Review: This is very purple and not what I expected at all. This is strongly lupine and bleeding heart dominant. I am not that good at picking out which flower scent is which, so let’s just call the dominant faction purple flowers. The green elements come out once the initial shock of the purple wears off. These give the stronger purple factions some grounding. The moss and fir work well together and form a nice setting for the purples. I honestly don’t know what fireweed smells like and there’s enough confusion here with those purples, that I don’t feel confident as to what is the fireweed and what is part of something else. It may be the bridge scent between purple and green, but again, I’m not sure. The beeswax burns off fairly quickly, being soft and delicate generally, but mostly supports the purples when it’s there. The stone also breaks down quickly, but supports the green. The ash is an understated darkness lurking around the edges. I haven’t done well with the ash note in other blends, but here it gives the right touch of haunting darkness without overwhelming the blend. This is a rich, decadent mid-Spring floral. I can think of no other blend to compare it to.

Skoocoom House spray is just perfect! wub2.gif I've been reading The Wolves in Midwinter by Anne Rice. The main characters in this series are werewolves, not Sasquatch, and the book's setting is northern California. The book's description of the old mansion setting, it's grounds surrounded by forest and the coastline, are exactly what Skoocoom House evokes when sprayed. So happy my pick-up fairy was able to get the bottle for me.. The moss is most present, with a hint of fir, and a gentle sweetness, probably from the flowers (I have no idea what each of them smells like.) This is very refreshing and tragically romantic at the same time.

Gorgeous green scent, with the beeswax having a honey-esque feel once settled. One of my few post items I refuse to share. Feels like being in some dark magical woods. Great staying power!

It starts with moss and pine, a touch of light flowers. I get something that smells almost like animal musk and a whiff of chill air.

I find this very atmospheric, and in alot of ways, what I would think of an old English Manor House that is inhabited by the Beast from Beauty and the Beast.

Hazy, romantic, brooding.