Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MCS4096

Leopold Freiherr Von Tsemekwes, The Poet Rapscallion

Black leather and sleek black musk with vetiver, blue chamomile, saffron-infused labdanum, caco-dusted patchouli, tobacco absolute, and oakmoss.

Upon application this is most prominently black leather and smokey vetiver. There is something light that is almost cinnamon-like.. perhaps the saffron-infused labdanum? It is actually reminding me of Spanked Res. at this point. To be honest the other notes are very well blended and I have a hard time picking them out even though I'm familiar with them.. As it dries down the vetiver is balanced more by this combination of other notes. I cant discern even a hint of patchouli, let alone cacao-dusted (or frog-dusted.. or caca-dusted :eek:) patchouli. I imagine it is the moss and chamomile lending a vaguely cologney vibe. I'd describe this as primarily black leather with a hint of smoke, a bit of spice, and a touch of masculine cologne. I'm still most reminded of Spanked I think.

Edited to add: this is fresh out of the mail, so may change once settled some.

Bloody hell, I wrote up a love note of a review for this oil and it got deleted!

It's amazing, freaking amazing. Shiny new black leather softened by a cloud of smoky Vetiver with moist, almost aquatic cologney vibes from the Oakmoss and a touch of woodiness, perhaps from the labdanum. Finally as it dries down the tobacco absolute, less caramelly than the single note, but rich and heady rides in to top off the scent.

Like MCS I do not note any significant play from the patchouli, cacao drenched or no. I received this bottle from the lovely Rakshasha, because I knew I'd regret it if I didn't at least try it and it has sat for over 48 hours since receipt and transport etc.

This is bliss in a bottle for me. On me it is very masculine (I'm also a guy, so interperet that as you will) and reads as an extremely appropriate, complex and magnetic cologne for an evening out.

Leopold does seem to be quite the rapscallion indeed.

Edited by Wren12

On my skin wet: Why hello again The Traveller I wasn't quite expecting to see you here. Greenness, leather and spices.

On my skin dry: This isn't a morpher. The moss has come forward to play with the vetiver but the leather and spices stay firmly in place. I don't get a lot of black musk. As always the moss is taking over on my skin after a while.

I would have liked more black musk and less moss. I can't get over how much alike the Traveller this is. I like the green, airy leather scent it feels magical and forest-y but it's not for me.

Manly black leather and fur.

If you were looking for chemically black leather and animal fur, and just want to go balls out animalistic, give this a whirl.

Strong leather at first. This is bad ass leather, sleek and shiny as described, worn by a scary (but handsome) biker dude on a Harley. After a bit, the tobacco comes out, so it's black leather and tobacco, kind of gritty. Not getting any black musk here, which is kind of disappointing, but still this is a great dude blend. Sexy, dark and dangerous. I will have to try this on a guy...

So I really love the lab's black leather note (Adam is my one true love) so I was hesitantly excited about this. This is the first blind bottle I've gotten in ages that has turned out well! Wet, this is primarily that lovely black leather note with a backing of veviter mixed with musk. On the drydown the tobacco comes out and it gets pretty masculine cologne-y, but in a warm fuzzy way. Something vaguely spicy also emerged on drydown, but I have no idea what it is. This will probably get more play from me in winter because it's pretty heavy, but I like it a lot! It also layers nicely with Crowley.

I can't wear this one because of the patchouli, but oh my gods, this is one of my five favourite scents for my husband to wear.

On him, it's a gorgeous, feral, masculine mix of leather, musk, vetiver, and oakmoss, with just the tiniest wisp of tobacco to soften it in the background. If this is what yetis smell like in the wild, I don't blame them for hiding away: I'd probably jump one just because they smell so damned good.

Honestly, if your guy is the outdoorsy type, or if you just prefer to wear more masculine, woodsy scents, try to get your hands on a bottle of this.

Whoa leather! A lotta lotta leather. It's doing that whole chemically thing on me that I really don't like. I can't smell anything else. This is not going to be for me! Even if the dry down were amazing, I would never be able to get past this wet stage. I imagine this would be great on the right person though, and especially a man.