Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Land of Insanities. Shrieking white tobacco flower and geranium pepper streaked by high-pitched wails of orange blossom, neroli, and elemi, all obscured by a disorienting veil of orris and violet root.

So excited for this new Lunacy theme!

In the bottle, it's a high-pitched, white lunar herbal, leaning heavily towards herbal. First applied, it's still light and herbal, but has the weight of a highly refined unisex cologne-- perhaps leaning a bit towards an aquatic. The neroli and elemi combine to form an airy-cool scent that is neither one nor the other, but brings wisps of rich herbal coolness with very light throw. The pepper adds a little kick. I don't smell the tobacco flower, per se. But I think it's in there, delicately adding a white roundness that completes the scent.

As it dries, it goes through a short "soapy" phase-- but only the best, french-milled, tiny niche shop soap, you understand ;)-- where it's a bit too white and too high-pitched. This phase fades quickly. It could be due to the bottle having just ended its journey this afternoon, being born only slightly earlier than that. It's anyone guess.

When the scent has settled into the skin, there is more tobacco flower. It's cooler and rounder, with the orris adding a fine, powdery quality, like moondust. As it fades, there's mostly sweet orris-- a little powdery-- buoyed by a soft breath of tobacco flower.

The impression this scent gives is of a cool, dark field of grey sand, under a black sky, where the earth has replaced the moon. And maybe it's comforting that no one can hear you scream.

This blend is pretty fabulous, greater than the sum of its parts, and highly wearable.

First sniff: reminds me of Dia. Then a greenness comes through. I'm not finding it high pitched at all, it seems fairly elegant in an almost Private Collection (Estée Lauder) way. Not the same scent, but of that era.

Later it sweetens and becomes warmer, there's a hint more orange blossom to it then. It's beautiful.

I got a breezy white floral - with neroli and tobacco flower. It was white, high pitched, a little high strung, but very floral.

I'm not having much luck with these new lunacies. This one is just plain bad on me, it shrieks, high pitched and unpleasant. Luckily it fades fast.

This is all tobacco flower on me, which is a bpal note that I hate. It's like a dry, sharp, white floral that turns really soapy on my skin.

I tested this at a meet & sniff a couple years ago and I have been trying to acquire a bottle ever since. Now it's mine! It's very clean and stark. Like brittle alien flowers glowing on an otherwise cold and empty planet. Cold, clean, unpolluted space atmosphere, with the strange florals that grow in the pale glow of the moon. One of a kind.

It's weird, but, in the bottle this smells very sharp and herbal, not exactly pleasant. On my skin it blossomed into something entirely different, a strong "clean" scent with a hint of white floral creaminess. It kind of reminds me of Gossamer v3, which I like very much. Glad I took a chance and bought this bottle.

Mmmm, this is delicious! I wouldn't wear it personally because it doesn't fit my personal identity, but it smell beautiful on me and in the imp (purchased a decant from a FB member). It's soapy upon application, but it dries into a blooming floral, slightly herbal and soft. I wanted to try this to see if I should pick up the full bottle for my mother who is very much into these types of fragrances, and I will be adding it to my purchase list!

i REALLY wanted to love this as bpal has opened my mind to both tobacco and orange blossom. however, on me this is the EXACT recipe for dove soap

Edited by DiZZysTARdust