Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kebechet

RIP

Every few years, we have to be practical and take a look at what's selling and what's stagnant, and sadly, that information sometimes determines whether or not a scent can stay in our catalogue. It’s a rough process, and an extremely emotional one for me. Every scent we have is precious to me in its own way: every single one is a product of absolute love and tremendous labor, and each, in its own way, signifies a point in my life. Every scent /means something/ to me, and every one is personal.

It is with immense sadness that I’m announcing a mass discontinuation. Just shy of fifty scents will be discontinued. We need to make room for new products, and honestly – it just doesn’t make sense for us to keep holding on to scents that simply do not move, and I cannot bring new products into the general catalogue until there is – literally – room in the Lab to store the product.

An issue came up on FB, and I want to address it here, too –

One of the reasons that we have had to concentrate on LE’s as opposed to expanding the general catalogue is due to component issues that have ramped up since the economy imploded. As most of you know, we work with many small companies, much like our own, and the economic downturn hasn’t been gentle. Many mom & pop distillers have gone under or condensed the range of what they produce, which leads to instability in the components that we can rely on getting with any regularity. This could, of course, be solved in part by leaving the small companies we work with behind in favor of larger, more stable corporations, but that’s not how we roll.

The circumstances that we’ve been confronted with these past few years has made it difficult for us to put out any GC’s without having to worry about possibly discontinuing them within the span of a few months. We’ve even had problems in the past few years with stable production within the timeframe of our limited runs – how could we, in good conscience, risk making GC additions under those conditions?

I added five GC’s in this update, and the two Inspiration scents a few months ago. The industry seems to be stabilizing, which is giving me a little bit more confidence in our ability to add to the main catalogue. Hopefully things stay stable.

So, without further ado, here is the list of what is going on the chopping block:

Black Hellebore Honey

Bluebeard

Death Horse

Delphi

Devil's Claw

Dian's Bud

Dove's Heart

Dragon's Eye

Ehecatl

Ekhidna

Epitaph

Forbidden Fruit

Grandmother of Ghosts

Hairy Toad Lily

Horse Chestnut Honey

House of Night

Hurricane

Iambe

Jezirat

Kuang Shi

Laurel Honey

L'ecole Des Filles

L'Examen

Love-Lies-Bleeding

Love's Torment

Mandrake

Manila

Meliai

Peitho

Pool of Tears

Saturnalia

Serpent's Kiss

Slobbering Pine

Sluggard

Temptation

To A Woman

Tobacco Honey

Ulalume

Umbra

Versailles

Whoso List to Hunt

Wolfsbane

Ya-te-vo

Yellow Jessamine Honey

Yew-Trees

I know this is going to come as a disappointment to some, and I am truly sorry. The scents listed here are not being discontinued due to component issues (with the exception of one), so there is some chance that, in the future, they may make guest appearances as a Resurrected.

These scents will be discontinued when Lupercalia comes down on March 18th.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

Sign in to follow this