Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

The Shining Dimple of Love Bath Oil

Vanilla orchid, vanilla absolute, and black tea leaf.

When I read the description of this one, I thought for sure it was going to be a multiple bottle purchase. The scent sounds gorgeous, and I'm sure it is, but it's so light that I feel like I really have to work to smell pretty much anything at all. I'll use the single bottle I have and get more Castitas instead. :)

I was disappointed with this one at first sniff. From the bottle, I mostly smell the same sharpness that I got from Ice Princess and Winter Maiden. I think here that it may be the tea leaf. I dabbed a bit of the oil from the inside of the neck of the bottle and rubbed it into my hand and was amazed. The sharpness faded away entirely and left behind a lovely subdued vanilla tea. I've only smelled a sniffie of Antique Lace, but I think that Shining Dimple comes closest to smelling like it of all of the BPAL vanillas that I've tried. I'm really glad that I didn't put this one up for swaps right after smelling it in the bottle. I'm so happy to have this one in my collection!

Okay, this is officially the best bath oil I own, and I own quite a few. This is the most delicious perfumey vanilla, and it's light enough that I feel like I may be able to put it on before working without knocking everyone I work with over with my scent. Simply gorgeous. I wish this came in a gallon-sized container. I will be buying backups before it goes down.

This is such a beautiful scent but its soooo light! I can barely smell it on my skin. :-( I know aging will make it stronger...I hope :-)

I am reviewing this as a moisturizer (and not as a product that has been used in the bath).

This smells like something familiar (although not like anything I've tried in BPAL land). The black tea note is rather strong, followed by the vanilla orchid. I don't really smell the vanilla itself in the bottle. Oddly enough, I keep detecting something vaguely like a white fruit note even though there is no fruit note listed. It probably isn't a fruit note, but the combination of the tea and the orchid really reminds me of something, and I just cannot pinpoint it!

Once it hits my skin, I get the scent of the black tea and vanilla orchid that I could smell in the bottle, but it isn't as strong. I'm not really getting the vanilla absolute on my skin at this point. The orchid is the most prominent note, followed by the black tea, but the scent just seems to be getting fainter over time. I have to really press my nose to my arm to smell this one. :(

The scent doesn't really change. Alas, the vanilla absolute doesn't really emerge at all. It's a floral and tea scent.

I will keep my bottle and probably use it as a moisturizer on the days I choose to wear Dorian, but I won't be needing any more of this. I thought this would be my favorite BPTP Luper when I read the scent description on the website, but unfortunately, the vanilla I was hoping for doesn't show up on my skin, and the scent is light.

Sooooo pretty! I don't get much tea at all, though. It is light, but I think aging will help with that somewhat - I am testing this right out of the mailbox.

It reminds me a lot of Celeste, with the vanilla/vanilla orchid combo. What I get mostly is a gorgeous creamy non-foody vanilla.

I think I need a backup... or two. :D

I agree that this is very much like Celeste. In fact, I think it's pretty much Celeste plus the lemony tea from blends like Severin or Dorian. I wasnt really expecting the lemony part.. I thought more of a dry spicy black tea, but it's impossible to not love this, especially since I love Celeste! Creamy, heady vanilla with a splash of lemon and tea :wub2:

Gorgeous, but superlight.

I get mainly vanilla with a hint of tea. This would take a great deal to scent a whole bath, but the scent sticks close to the skin, and the vanilla would probably layer beautifully with whatever lotion and/or perfume you chose to wear next.

This scent is so beautiful and so delicate! A lovely, graceful vanilla! I only wish it was a little stronger but I will keep the Dimple for the spring and summer and consider a backup bottlewub2.gif

delicate vanilla black tea...very nice for hot weather...makes me feel a little thirsty since it smells exactly like my favorite brand of vanilla black tea. not too sweet (I was worried about this!) so it is perfect. I applied after a showering this morning and I can still smell it lightly after 4.5 hours.

In bottle: This is very vanilla, with black tea leaf combining with the orchid in a way that resembles anis. I like the way the black tea leaf gives the rather floral vanilla dark depths. The combination is surprisingly seductive.

Note: I use the bath oil as an after shower moisturizer.

In the decant: Black tea leaf with some vanilla orchid.

Wet: Much as in cold sniff.

The dry-down: A very faint blending of the black tea leaf with the vanilla orchid. No foodie vanilla present. Nice, but I don't need any more at present. Was really hoping for this to be my OTL.

Edited by thekittenkat

This one is extremely faint on me. I am mainly getting the tea leaf and not much else. It's quite nice, but I would have hoped for some more vanilla goodness!

I definitely smell the tea first, followed by a softly floral vanilla. Nice enough to use up my decent if warmer weather ever happens here, but I don't need a full bottle.

I really liked this scent in the bottle, tea (the good kind!) with vanilla, what's not to love? On, it smelled kind of medicinal and soapy, but faded pretty fast anyways. End result is a lovely vanilla with a touch of tea, which would be nice, except that I can hardly smell it. No need to upgrade.

Light? On me this is all black tea, and it's definitely not light. I was a bit disappointed at first that it was all tea all the time. But then I started layering it with BPAL and it is brilliant! Skadi scented tea, rose red scented tea, othello scented tea.... This is my new go to body oil

I tried this as a body moisturizer tonight and I love it! it's a beautiful, soft black tea and vanilla orchid scent, and luckily the vanilla note is not too foody for me. after awhile the black tea fades and it's pretty much vanilla orchid.

I like the subtlety of this a lot, it's nice for a warm night like tonight.

Edited by theseagrows

I'm finishing up my (second) bottle of The Shining Dimple of Love...this is maybe my favorite bath oil the Post has released (right up there with Bloodbath and Selbstverliebt). I use bath oils as after-shower rmoisturizers, which makes them really linger and last on my skin. Even though Shining Dimple is on the subtle side, when I apply this in the morning I can still smell the tea and vanilla at the end of the day.

It's almost a straight split of vanilla and black tea on me, with the orchid adding something light and seductive. It layers beautifully with Furo, but sometimes I avoid all other scents so I don't drown out its soft, fuzzy, almost feathery goodness.

I should have known to avoid florals at any cost, but this sounded so pretty I had to try it...

It starts off wonderfully with the most delicate vanilla you've ever smelled and just a hint of richer tea leaf in the background.

Sadly, as it dries the orchid comes into play more and more. Florals aren't my friend, so what was originally gentle and soothing eventually become plasticky and gave me a slight headache.

Wish it was just the absolute and tea leaf, but ah well, I'm sure plenty of others will enjoy.

I got a bottle of this and I loved the vanilla and tea combination - it was a bath oil with a lighter scent but it was a scent-sibling of Dorian, so I would wear them together and it was a lovely combination. I scarcely used it 3 times before I used it on on nephew after a bath and my sister loved the scent and had been telling me about super-dry skin so I suggested she take it home and try it.... And I never saw my Shining Dimple again!! She pillowed through that bottle like nobody's business!!!! She enjoyed it enough for the both of us and it really helped her through a rough (and dry?) patch:-)

Can't believe I've went through 3 or 4 bottles and have never reviewed! To me this is a rich, flowy vanilla tea. The vanilla orchid has a light airy quality that lifts the richness of the vanilla tea. It's scrumptious and maybe my favourite bath oil of all time.