Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Prelude to the Bath Bath Oil

White tea, golden apricot, and orange blossom.

I didn't expect to love this nearly as much as I do, since I'm not really a lover of fruit scents. It is such a happy scent! The apricot (perfect, ripe, and juicy) is the strongest note and is sweetened, but not overly, by the orange blossom, which nearly smells like honeysuckle to me. There is a hint of greenness as well, which I think is the white tea note. So so good. If I get a BPTP backup from this collection, this is the one. :wub2:

Maybe my sniffer has a blind spot for BPAL Orange Blossom...?

This is GORGEOUS, refreshing and makes every nerve crave Spring. White tea with a sweet Apricot on top. I love it.

ETA: almost a year later, this bath oil is so beautiful and still makes me crave Spring...man, BPTP 2014 Lupers were frickin' amazing...i am sooo looking forward to this years!

Edited by Herb Girl

Love this! Apricot kissed with orange blossom topped with white tea. So pretty and spring like!! I think it will also be great in the summer as well! Just as moisturizing as any other bath oil from BPTP.

I am testing this on my skin instead of using it in the bath.

In the decant: The orange blossom seems to be the dominant note. I hope this isn't the case on my skin. I can also smell the white tea and the apricot, so I hope those will come out more once this is applied.

Wet: Oh hai, orange blossom! Orange blossom can be problematic on my skin, so I am hoping it will cooperate. The white tea and apricot notes are present, and the white tea note seems to be getting stronger over time.

Dry: A nice, refreshing, fruity white tea.

Verdict: I like this, and I can see it being an excellent scent for spring and summer. While I don't think I need to spring for a full bottle of it, I will certainly keep my decant!

Note: I use the bath oil as an after-the-shower lotion.

In the decant: Lots of apricot. :)

Wet: Now the white tea and the orange blossom overtake the apricot.

The dry-down: Finally, the three notes blend together in a pleasant early summer scent. Quite the morpher!

This was the biggest Luper hit for me this year! It's sweet apricot and gorgeous orange blossom galore! I'm not really getting the white tea, though. It reminds me a little bit of Katharina, which makes sense as they share many notes. Compared to other bath oils I've tried, this one is quite strong. I love it :wub2:

This is the first bath oil I've ever tried. Mostly because I don't like baths so I figured I wouldn't be able to use bath oils until I found out people use them as moisturizers as well. :D So I used it as an after shower moisturizer.

Very pretty, the apricot is the strongest note for me but I also smell the orange blossom blending in as well. I wasn't sure if I would like it that much because I'm not that big on peach or apricot but it's really lovely. :wub:

White tea, apricot and bright oranges.

I'M IN LOVE.

It's bright, fruity, cheery and perfect for spring.

*FLAIL* *SWOON* *COVET*

ooh so pretty and fruity! I get mostly white tea and apricot with a bit of orange blossom. the tea keeps the apricot from being too sweet, and the apricot keeps the tea from being too astringent. i really like this one, even though I'm not always a fruity scent lover. I think this would be even better in spring or summer. yum.

Edited by theseagrows