Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dark chocolate and lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

Le sigh.
I wanted to love blood kiss bonbon.
I tend to do well with vampirically-themed scents- callidora, vilf, and of course blood kiss itself work magic on me.

And, you know, vetiver can be a bit of a bully, so I got this just hoping that minus that vetiver tang, you'd be left with a dreamy dark cherry.

And that's mostly what happened. And it was, well, kinda weak. Don't get me wrong, this scent does what it's supposed to do. It *is* a blood kiss Bonbon, cleverly executed, picked up at some exclusive chocolatier. I'm sure there are many who will LOVE this. But with my chemistry, it's all kiss and no blood. It reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Spike got that chip in his head so he couldn't bite anyone. And I felt just kind of sorry for him, he just skulked around the graveyard, not knowing what to do with himself. Oh, and somehow it has a note of tea, though that's not listed here.

I guess I just like my Spike as the Big Bad. I will wear my blood kiss, and pass on this one.

That said, I do predict it will be a hit. My fiancé even really likes it. But he recognized it isn't me.

Yeah this one wasn't my favorite either. Vetiver and clove are just amped in this one on me, with just a little sweetness from the cherries themselves. I was hoping for something dark, but smoother. Bummer.

In The Bottle: Chocolate and a little dark cherry juice. :yum:

Wet On Skin: Clove enters the mix, and the chocolate hangs back, but just a little. I'm getting a trace of the red wine, and this is really making me want to drink a dark syrah and eat mouthfuls of 72% cacao (which, under normal circumstance, I don't even care for.)

Dry Down: Oh, this is just lovely. Many years ago, I tried to love Blood Kiss. I really did. But alas, the cherry amped into something sticky-sweet and the rest of the notes became jarring, disquieting. Whatever has occurred with the addition of the dark chocolate and the rich vanilla has worked some magic. The scent is spicy, sweet and dead sexy, all without being foody. The vetiver in this is so subtle that it almost reads as a soft whisper of leather and the trace of dark musk grounds the whole thing making it just slightly earthy.

In All: I shall give this a spin several more times over the next few weeks- this might be multiple-bottle-worthy for me ;)

Mmmmm. I've never tried Blood Kiss, and actually wouldn't have picked it out for myself. The only reason I got this blend was because I went whole hog with the bonbons, and I am SO glad I did.

It is juicy, sweet, fruity, and surprisingly innocent. To me it smells like the juicy red filling inside a fine, rich dark chocolate shell. There's some kind of "headshoppy-ness" too, like sweet incense, maybe vetiver and clove? I don't normally like vetiver, but it's lovely in this blend. There's maybe some honey in here adding sweetness, but it's not HONEY honey. I'm not getting much vanilla, but if my previous experience with BPAL holds true, I'm sure I'll find it as this scent starts to wear off. None of the notes are really standing up to announce themselves, but they're really gorgeously blended and totally wearable.

It actually kind of reminds me of my beloved Cerberus, but I'm not sure why that is. It's more of a ~feeling~ than anything else.

So far, this has been the biggest hit of the bonbons for me (two left to go!), and the only one I'd consider getting a bottle of. First I'm going to wait and test again when it's settled.

I want to start by saying that Blood Kiss, the original, didn't work on me.

This, however, goes on much better from the start. This is DELISH. I wanted to love Blood Kiss, and couldn't, but this works. It's sexy, not all that foodie. The vetiver does add a sharp tinge to the blend, but does calm down after a while. The chocolate/vanilla/honey trio help make it more wearable for me.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

this one is full of notes that can go both ways on my skin. in fact, almost all of them have given me joy with the grief in extreme measure. despite all of this, my gut told me to get a decant, and my gut was totally right to do so.

the chocolate doesn't go plastic. the clove doesn't scream louder and longer than the rest of the notes. the cherry isn't medicinal. the honey doesn't smell like bad sweat. the wine doesn't make me smell like a drunk is sitting on my pulse points.

every note is instead doing the most beautiful thing in can in a harmonious combination with good throw and staying power. the whole of it is deep and rich and a little smokey. it's beautiful and my favorite chocolate bpal on me so far. maybe my favorite of this year's lupers?

Honestly, I think the original Blood Kiss works better on me.

On this one, I'm amping up the vetiver, clove and cherry bits. But instead of getting along, which they do in the original BK, they are in an all out dragged out cat fight - kicking, spitting, screaming, throwing punches with rings on their fingers. Chocolate, if it ever was there, is MIA. And who can blame it really?

In the imp, this is fruity dark chocolate. This is what I've been hoping for from most of the chocolate scent's I've tried. Once applied, it gets richer, with a bit of spice.

The fruit backs off as it dries down, while the spice continues to amp up. After a while, the chocolate disappears entirely (as chocolate always does on me), but the fruit and spice remain. It's dark, rich, and delicious. I wish I could eat actual Blood Kiss bonbons... but I'll have to settle for this.

I like Blood Kiss, but this just doesn't really do it for me.

In general, however, I don't really like chocolate scents, and I feel like here it throws the balance of notes in the original scent a bit out of whack on my skin.

The chocolate is definitely the strongest note here, and it goes on straight chocolate-cherry, with an undercurrent of dark musky spice. The chocolate note itself is nice, a dark dry semisweet chocolate, and it fades as it dries leaving a spicy musky cherry that reminds me of the original Blood Kiss.

I don't dislike this scent, but I don't really like it either. I am craving chocolate covered cherries now, though.

So, I haven't actually tried Blood Kiss yet, so I don't have that to compare to this. Vetiver tends not to work on me, but chocolate usually does. And I'm not sure how the cherry will work out for me.

In the imp: Much dark cherry and a little bit of chocolate. Possibly a bit of vetiver, but that's just darkening the cherry.

Wet on skin: Hmmm....... the cherry's going a bit almond on my skin. Very nice! It might be the chocolate coming through for me, but I'm enjoying this.

Dried down: Getting more cherry again. I'm getting too much cherry and not enough chocolate.

Throw: Cherry, cherry, cherry, cherry, cherry.

Verdict: *** Not unwearable, but not for me. If you're a fan of cherry, you'll probably enjoy this. Apparently, the only cherries I like are still the fresh ones at the grocery store.

This is sensual, musky, sweet, (but not too much), and is pretty much ruined by the CHERRY. I would love this blend if it weren't for the cherry that I associate with chocolate covered cherries, which I abhor. The cherry is kind of waxy, but I can tell the base is AMAZING, I love the musk and chocolate, which kind of reminds me of Boomslang and BTBT. This one breaks my heart, but on the other hand, I may re-visit Blood Kiss....

In the imp: Dark chocolate-covered cherries, but something animalistic is lurking nearby.

Wet: Much as when sniffed. :)

The dry-down: This is getting a bit perfumey on me now, alas, probably due to the poppy, wine, and musk. I don't mind vetiver or clove, but only in tiny traces. It's still good, but not as good as when I 1st applied it. Might be bottle-worthy, still.

Freshly applied it's smells of uber-sweet dark cherries dipped in chocolate. As it dries, the wine comes out and it transforms the entire scent into a chocolate-infused dark cherry liqueur. The opening is achingly sweet, but the drydown is worth the wait and very much drinkable, had it been a beverage.