Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Miskatonic Valley’s premiere sex shop. Black and red musks with honey, leather, and sugared black rose.

In the bottle: Leather, leather and leather! Definitely a black, new leather.

Wet: Still just about a single note leather on me. This is really lovely. There's something just a little powdery to it (likely the honey), but not in a way that would ruin it. Very strong, a big throw for me on this.

Dry: Leather, leather leather. If I wanted a SN leather I sure got it! I really do like this and I don't mind at all that it's all leather on me, though I would have liked some of that sugared black rose.

Delicious.

Black leather at first with red and black musk underneath (I can detect both!) and a hint of rose.

Dry, the leather softens and the musks take over but the sweet rose also becomes more prominent.

Long story short? This is glorious. If you enjoyed the bath oil make sure to pick this up.

Also, I have never encountered such a full bottle...I almost spilled some when I opened it!

Also I don't like honey on my skin at all (turns rancid) and I don't detect any here! YAY!

Edited by Herb Girl

At long last, beloved Eldritch Dark has returned, this time as a perfume oil!

The leather comes up very strong, almost overpowering all of the other notes. However, red musk is not a note that is to be trifled with and soon rises up above the leather, singing a glorious song with the rose.

Compared to the bath oil last year, the leather is much more dominant, but this makes the perfume even more seductive and dare I say, even more hoard worthy. I see many bottles in my future.

My, this is a perverse little scent. Yes, that kind of perverse. So, so Sexy! :blush:

There wasn't a moment's hesitation when I saw the scent description. I bought a bottle right away knowing I would love it.

In the bottle: Black leather and a hint of musk.

Wet Stage: Whoa, leather and more leather.

Dry Stage: Usually I amp red musk like mad. Not this time. Leather and rose co-mingle at the top and the musks just sorta seep through. Rounding out the blend is a light, honey sweetness. The feel of this is intriguing and dark. Me like very much.

I really wanted to like this - the bottle is so cute. I like leather, but the combination with the musks, etc just didn't smell good on me (wet or dry). I would like to try this on someone else (especially a guy I can get close enough to sniff).

At first this is leather that reminds me of RPG scents, plus honey. It's okay.

As it warms up this becomes sweet, rugged, and sexy. Whoof. The rose blends into the leather and musks so I have to make an effort to pick it out. The leather turns a bit chemical on the drydown and the rose is probably making that worse, but the throw still smells gorgeous. I have a suspicion the musks will mellow and become better with time.

This is probably not for everyday wear, in fact I may have to scrub it off before heading out. Otherwise I'd be tempted to get another bottle.

Edit: Lovely as the musk is, sometimes the honey goes a bit sour on the drydown. Besides, I already have Totentanz for my dark musk and leather needs. Off to swaps!

Edited by patina

Strong black leather. There's a sweet smokiness that reminds me of my beloved Loviatar ;^; But also a musk that reminds me of Brom Bones. It's warm and sexy. I get just a slight hint of the rose.

I agree that compared to the Eldritch Dark bath oil, in the perfume the leather is pitch black and much more dominant. I hate to say it, but as much as I love leather, and as much as I love the Eldritch Dark bath oil, I'm on the fence at this point about the perfume since black leather is my least fave. icon_neutral.gif I luuuurv what's going on in the background though with the honey, sugared rose, and musks, I just wish the leather stopped trying to assert its dominance over them. I'll revisit in a few months as I'm confident the leather will smooth out considerably.

I'd put this in the same family as VILF and Haute Macabre.

Edited by thatbrownelf

ITB: Warm and freshly oiled black leather (like Doc Marten leather), the perfume of sugared roses, and sultry musks waft to meet my nose. Goodness, this is a very enticing scent.

Wet: The red musk and sugar tones along with very dark roses is more prominent on my skin, but the dizzying scent of leather makes this scent just scream sexy on my wrist. I may need another bottle...or three.

Dry: The roses are the most lasting note here, but it is certainly thickly dark roses with hints of deep sugar and faint black leather behind it. It's glorious and I imagine that it will age very, very well.

Roses and black leather. If you love leather, love roses, and want a replacement for Loviathar, give this puppy a try.

Strong, sexual, leather.

In the bottle: Leather mixed with something … sweet, sticky, sexy.

Applied, wet: letting this sit for about a week before testing was definitely the right decision. This is a softer, warmer leather than what's in Haute Macabre; where HM is more clean, fresh, brand-new, cold leather, ED is worn in, gentler, soothing, and comfortable. Application was to both wrists and my neck, and as it dries down, I get that warm, sexy leather smell. A direct sniff of the wrist gives me something sweeter; dark, but sweeter, and almost astringent.

Dry: Ah, there's the rose: that hint of baby powder hiding underneath all the leather. It … tarnishes it, somehow. I'm going to have to wait and see how this one plays out over time, and how this ages. Rose doesn't play nice with me, which is unfortunate, as it leaves out a LOT of scents. We'll see. The leather & red musk do a better job keeping the rose in check for longer than the red musk & rose knock-out fight in 'Spellbound,' but ....

Damn it Rose, why do you have to ruin everything for me??? :cry:

In the bottle this is musky, spicy leather. I don't like leather, but this one is pretty tame.

Wet on my skin I have a few moments I would swear smell like wintergreen, before the sugared rose starts wrapping around the musk and the leather and the honey smears itself in between. Each element is detectable, but subdued, as if they're all too busy whacking each other over the head (or doing other, more naughty things :lol: ) to beat up on my nose.

Sweet, sophisticated, and verrrrry sexy. :yum:

ummmmmm YES :wub:

I can't remember the last time red musk behaved in a blend for me. I took a chance on this one because the notes sounded simply wonderful and the reviews seemed to indicate the red musk was well balanced. Besides, I like to throw a wildcard in with an order for fun every now and then! Usually, on me, red musk amps to high heavens and drowns everything else out (Krampus is a perfect example) BUT THIS... yes there is red musk, but it's beautifully muddied with dark musk, and is tantalizingly laid over a bed of black leather and sprinkled with equally well behaved sugary roses. I smell every note through the duration of wear, no one takes over, and the effect is just divine. Feminine, sexy, but also classy.

Eldritch Dark

In the Bottle:

Heavy Leather and Dirty Musks

On My Skin, Wet: (ha!)

A blast of leather, dirty musk and sweet....resin? rose? something delicious....

On my Skin, Dry:

The leather subsides, the dirty-ness of the musk vanishes, but leaves behind the potency of the red musk, and a gorgeous resin-y sugared rose blooms

Verdict:

this is glorious!

I'm trying to decide if I can afford a backup bottle of this - oh, budget, why must you taunt me so?!

At first this is a whole lot of leather and musk! Yum!

It dries down to just a hint of leather, the snuggliness from the musks and a sweet overtone that must be the sugared rose.

I am debating a bottle, because this really IS a huge blast of leather on the first stages, but on the other hand it is pretty damn delicious...

This is dark, sweet, and sexy. On first application it SCREAMS sweet leather. As it mellows out, it becomes a very soft musky, sweetly honeyed leather. I don't really smell the rose, which is a little sad. Fresh, this bottle is nice and wearable. Hopefully with a bit of age it'll really come into it's own.

I got a decant because I liked the idea and figured why not.

Upon application, I know why not! Honey is truly a death note for me. :cry2:

In the bottle - musky sweet leather with an emphasis on LEATHER. Nice if you like that.

Wet - Still very leathery with sweet musks. I can almost smell the rose, but I don't have high hopes for that since my skin makes rose disappear.

Dry Down - I had really hoped the musk would make the honey play nice, but in the end the honey note turned into baby powder so strong it pretty much covered the leather.

I'm glad I got to try it, but I won't be getting a bottle (unless it's a gift for a friend).

In the imp: Leather and sugared honey.

Wet on skin: Ok, the black rose is sneaking into this now. :)

Dried down: Mmmm...... gorgeous black leather, rose and sugar. Oh my

Throw: Sugared honey, with that sexy twist of black leather.

Verdict: ***** Oh yes. Sign me up for a bottle now.

This is another scent that is sexy.

In the bottle: leather and musk

The wet stage: (coughs) very wet stage......

Its like a wrestling match for dominance between the sweet powdery rose and the oh so naughty leather. The musk and honey and in the background being the peanut gallery. Laughing and chuckling watching the leather and rose sweat it out.

Once plateau stage happens the musk and honey come out to play.

In the final act: leather beats the powdery rose into submission.

I think this is a rose I can wear, if I can get past the wet stage.

In the decant and wet, this is primarily leatherleatherleather. I also get cherry (?). Weird, maybe the red musk in combination with these notes is doing it? This is skintight womanly black leather, a corset or a catsuit. Wait. OH GOD. ROSE WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET AWAY FROM THE HONEY AND SUGAR! I don't even know what happened but that lovely almost sugary leather smells like sweaty latex gloves :cry2: I'm a nurse so unfortunately that smell is well-known to me even if we don't use latex much if at all anymore. Ugh. Washing this monstrosity my skin has produced off. It was so lovely in the decant too :(

I'm getting something rather almond-like at first, giving this blend a rather 'Haute Macabre' vibe. It reminds me of it a lot, though not sure where I'm getting the almond from. The 'almond' fades quickly, though and we're left with a glorious red musk, honey and something darker and just a touch of rose. Very nice, and sexy, reminds me a lot of the bath oil, and Calidora. I really like this, and wish I got a full bottle, not a half. Le Sigh.

Edited by milo

i tested the bath oil last night and i am testing the perfume oil today. aroused.gif wow, i love them both. this starts out as an almost purely leather note, but i can smell a hint of the musks, which come through later with the sugary rose. the rose isn't super strong in this, but is more of a background player, i'd say. this smells very sophisticated and sexy to me...glad they extended the yule scents, because i need to be buying one of these now!

Annnnd this is the black musk that smells like baby powder on me.

Leather + baby powder + faint soapy rose.

I don't know why I thought this would work for me, but all the reviews last year calling it super sexy and amazing made me go temporarily insane and forget that black musk, leather, and rose are some of the worst notes with my skin chemistry. This is honest to god terrible on my skin, so if you have the same issue with black musk going weird, you might want to steer clear.

It smells amazing in the decant. I keep huffing the decant and then smelling my skin and being horribly disappointed all over again.

In the bottle - A dry new leather with a hint of sweetness

Wet on me - Smooth warm leather with a rich almost incensy rose behind it

Dry on me - Mostly leather with hints of sweetness

Overall - I like it, but not as much as I thought I would, which means that my decant will be enough