Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Leopard403

Pink Snowballs Bath Oil

A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

This isn't going to be a brilliant review so I hate that I'm the first one to post, but eh, what can you do? As a caveat to this review, please note that I use this in the bath (not afterward as a moisturizer like some others), but I do not pour the oil into the water. Rather, while the tub is filling I grease my body up well and good, and then when the tub is full I submerge and relax.

I love Pink Snowballs as a perfume oil as it is very much Snow White + pink roses on my skin. But then, I'm also one who doesn't get much of the wintery-type notes from Snow White and instead I get something foody (a little creamy and almost almond-y). I expected similar performance from the BO but WOW at first sniff this is really strong mint! Not a bad thing altogether, but it surprised me. Luckily, the mint burns away rather quickly (I can smell it strongly during application, but not much afterward) and what remains is the scent I know and love. If anything, the pink rose is slightly more noticable in the BO as compared to the perfume, and that's just fine with me!

Like all TP BOs, this moisturizes beautifully without being sticky, slimy, or greasy. The lasting power and throw for Pink Snowballs is average: Not super-strong, but this is a scent that plays well close to the skin, so this too works well for me. B)

My experience is very similar to Leopard403...

This is very nice and I'm really glad to have a bottle! There is more snow here than my nose remembers from the perfume. :-) and I don't get snowy from Snow White either. Love either way. :-)

This is lovely! I understand the comparisons to Snow White as they both have a similar feel. There's a bright, fresh rose on top of a frosty vanillic creaminess.

This is wonderful!! This isn't like anything I have in my wheelhouse perfume wise or bath product wise and so will get a lot of use.

I was disappointed with this one - I wanted my beloved Pink Snowballs in a bath oil, and this is lots of snow, mint (which I never got in the original oil), and not a sign of pink warm glow of rose or floral anything.

It's also exceptionally light, I know it's cold outside and that may be inhibiting my sense of smell (but I had no problem smelling my atmo decants), but no matter how much I huff, it's really light, ghosty, the mint fades off fast and leaves a barely there snowy-blah. :-( to the swap pile with you!

My first BPTP bath oil!

I loved the Pink Snowballs perfume, and it was beautiful on my skin for about five minutes before it turned to powder, so I bought this in hopes of having some non-Powder Pink Snowball action in my life.

Well, it's not Pink Snowballs perfume, but it is very nice. The bath oil seems much much more vanilla-y than I remember the perfume being. The pink rose seems like it's hiding behind the vanilla, just peeking out a little, and I don't get any snow or mint or anything. Just warm, sweet, creamy floral-vanilla.

It blooms nicely in the bath and lingers on the skin and scents my clothes, so I can't complain about any of that. I've already bought a second bottle for when my first runs out.

In the decant: The minty snow note. Uh-oh!

Wet: A hint of the pink rose and its green stem. Something sweet, but not a traditional vanilla.

The dry-down: The notes have mixed together nicely, but this seems to be different from the perfume oil. They would compliment each other, though. :)

To me, not the Pink Snowballs perfume I was hoping for either. :(

This is all mint/medicinal, no rose to my nose. :(

Sad I got a whole bottle. I really don't like it.

I use the bath oils as moisturizer after a shower. I hate to let the precious go down the drain! OK, on to the review:) At first, this blend seems a bit more 'icy' and snow-like than the perfume. On, pretty much the perfume, a rose scented lotion. This is OK with me, as I'm weird and like lotion scented anything once in awhile. I like this, and will enjoy the decant and keep my eye out for more.

I have used this as an after-shower moisturizer a few times prior to writing this review.

I concur with what others have been saying: this does not smell like the perfume oil. It is heavy on the snow note, which seems to be more minty and far less sweet than the perfume oil. While the perfume oil is a chilly vanilla rose on me, the bath oil is mostly minty snow with a (I hate to say it...) disjointed rose note. I shall have to elaborate on what I mean by this. When the rose does emerge, it pokes out and does not have the chilly vanilla snow of the perfume oil complementing it. This bath oil still layers well with the perfume oil, and would layer well with other snowy scents as well, but it does not make me think 'Snow White with rose in place of the other florals' like the perfume oil does. I don't dislike it, but it was certainly wasn't what I was expecting.

I will keep my bottle, but I won't need a back-up of this one.

Definitely not the vanilla-y, gourmand rose of the original Pink Snowballs perfume oil (which was like Snow White + dewy, pink, soft rose). This smells more like the lab's actual snow note - minty and aquatic. Dries down to a soapy rose on me. I never get the vanilla or sweetness that it should have.
I use bath oils the same as I use perfume oils (smudged over my wrists and the ends of my hair), because the bath oils make my skin break out if I get them all over myself. So this was tested as a perfume oil.
Minty, soapy aquatic, sharp rose, not much staying power...