Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The perfect way to unwind after you’ve eviscerated your foes: white champagne grape, blood red roses, violet leaf, and bourbon vanilla.

This is soooooooooooo pretty and delightful and happy and I love it so much! Omg. If you're a big fan of the "Champagne & ______" scents, I would recommend getting this. It has the same effervescent note and will layer beautifully with all of those. The champagne grape is definitely dominant, and there's something sort of smoky in a soft way (not at all smoky in the way of things like Bonfire Night; more like some opium scents, and things with soft purple incense) that could be the bourbon vanilla. The bourbon vanilla definitely adds a sweetness as well, but it is in no way foody or cakey or plasticky or any of those things that vanilla can sometimes be. I don't pick out any roses or violet leaf, but it's quite well blended so they are probably contributing to the overall deliciousness.

The only issue I have with this is I wear hair gloss every day and don't own one that's a good match, so I'm gonna have to do some more BPTP shopping. :D As a blind guess, though, I think those of you with Peaches and Incense or maybe IBT hair glosses would probably find a nice complement. Out of the ones I own I think it would pair best with Loosened and Soiled, but Loosened and Soiled has a ton of throw on me and might drown out the subtleties of this beaut.

I used it as moisturizer rather than bath oil, but it has gorgeous throw. I was running late so didn't bother with a perfume, and I'm enveloped in scent. I might edit the review if it's drastically different as a bath oil, but it was very similar in strength and scent in the bottle, so I would think it's pretty consistent across the board.

I did a quick skin test of Unhappily Ever After as an after-shower moisturizer, and whoa, all I got was champagne grape. It was bright and almost fizzy, very similar to the gin/juniper note that makes some of the Lab oils so crisply boozy. It was a lovely scent, though I admit it was a bit overwhelming. I kept rolling over in the night and catching a whiff and it took me a little off guard every time. I am hoping that the other notes blossom a little better when used in the bath, and I'll report back after trying!

After swirling the bottle around, I get champagne and vanilla, and right after application on my skin there's a bit of rose, but after that it's all champagne, all the time. It seems like it'd be a nice complement to Stardust.

Will update this once I have a chance to try it in the bath - maybe more of the notes will show themselves?

Edit: In the path, the rose was more prominent.. but still not terribly thrilling.

Edited by Andyl

i tried a little bit on my wrist, but haven't tried it in the bath yet. it's sparkly and effervescent with some warmth from the vanilla, though the vanilla takes its time coming through. i think it starts off all champagne and violet leaf and ends up with vanilla added to the mix. i'm getting a bit of rose in the background but it's not a very strong note in this. it's a nice scent! a little decadent in a way.

This smells effervescent in the bottle. On, I'm getting fresh white grapes and that effervescent note and a touch of bourbon vanilla. This is bright and cheery and great for waking one up. I really like this, but will probably use my decant more in the summer.

Got this from another forum member. Use it as a moisturizer. Very champagne grapey, with the occasional whiff of bourbon vanilla. I like it, but don't love it because I wish there was more rose and violet leaf in it. Overall, it's a 3.5/5 for me. However, this is my first experience with bptp anything...and I like how the oil absorbs without feeling oily.

I will have to mix this since it's been a few hours and the sweetness is giving me a bit of a headache now... :(

Edited by Jangzonrice

Lots of champagne, hint of violet and rose, and then on the drydown a touch of vanilla.

This one smells like one of the BPAL blends champagne blends. I get bubbly all over. It's slightly sweet and slightly floral.

Fun! This one smells like celebrating.