Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White mint cookies with a drizzle of pomegranate cream, dusted with confectioner's sugar.

I ended up buying two bottles by accident. Now I bought it because I love Brian's work and the notes seemed perfect...

In The Bottle: Buttered popcorn doom! That's all I can smell. It's not the same as Mouse Circus, which the popcorn is not powerful.

Wet: Still in your face theatre popcorn. Nothing else...

Dry: Popcorned mint and nothing more...

Verdict: Give one away and see how the other ages...

In the bottle: White, buttery cookies. Second sniff I get a teeny tiny bit of mint. And on the third sniff I smell a vague hint of plastic vanilla (like Egg Nog) mixed with something very perfumey. I really hope it won't transfer over on my skin..

On: Again, buttery white cookies, but now I smell something fruity with it. It's gotta be the pom that is shining nice and bright. It actually smells pretty good at this stage, thankfully it's nothing like Eat Me (which was a pure disaster). I don't smell any mint, but honestly I don't think mint would have fit in with this - no matter how much I love mint..it does not work with everything. I do however want to say that chocolate is involved somehow. Maybe...white chocolate?

To be honest this reminds me slightly of a white cake (vanilla)-version of Monsterbait: Closet!

After it has been sitting on my skin for an hour or two, the pom has become more prominent. It's not at all as cakey as it was when wet , but it still have some of those qualities left.

Edited to add: After 5-6 hours I could still smell Braving The Ice on my wrist. At that point there was no cake left, only what I could detect as berries and cream. After reading some reviews in this thread, it seems that a lot of people were having issues with this. And that is so sad considering how well this worked on me. Cookies and buttery-smells almost never work on my skin.

Edited by Missy_killer

Cookies! And a fake cookie at that, with fake icing. Erggh, and just a bit of ice. This is uberly sweet and fake boxed cookie smell. No pom detected. Not for me.

this didn't work for me at all, I get really overwhelming stinky, buttery cookies. it's the same fake buttery vanilla note in detestable putrescence, which also didn't work for me. no mint, no pom.

I didn't care for this one at first -- the cookie scent was strong and almost yeasty (maybe that was the butter?), and seemed to clash with the mint and pomegranate. As it dried down, the pomegranate upstaged the other notes, and I ended up with a smooth vanilla-y pom that I really enjoyed. Very interesting! I think I'm better off hunting down something with less cookie and more pom/'nilla, though.

I love this one. The mint is really just a suggestion, this is mostly ultra buttery, sinful cookies rolled in sticky red jam and sugar dust.

Cloying in the bottle, but sinfully delicious on the skin.

This scent is a favorite of mine! In the bottle and wet it has the lightest sweetest cookie scent, but mixed in is the pomegranate cream to make it not overly sweet. When it dries down though that sugar note is my favorite. It smells just like powdered sugar and I love it. Only wish the throw was a little stronger. Also the label is the cutest thing ever! :wub2:

Edited by vanilla323

I was lucky to purchase this of a lovely forum member. :D

I need veeeeery little for it to work on my skin, as it's kind of slap-ya-in-the-face with chocolate cookies! hyperly sweet. I LOVE the mint in there.

There's definitely yummy buttery cookie in this....but there's also a note that just kind of keeps 'hovering' over the cookie smells and I can't place it (even when looking at the notes). It's not bad but I can't see myself reaching for this even with the yummy cookie note.

It took me three years to track down a bottle of this and Yule Cookies (why didn't I buy them when they were originally available? no one knows).
I love them both, but I especially love Braving the Ice. I usually find bpal's pomegranate to be way too tart and dry smelling, but the "pomegranate cream" here is just gorgeous on me. Sweet, red fruitiness and so much lovely vanilla cream.
The mint in this adds a pleasant chill without really smelling of mint. The cookies and the pomegranate show up, though, smelling like fresh-from-the-oven fruit tarts, warm and bubbling over with red berry filling. Then the cream, sugar and mint chill smell like someone set out chilled whipped cream and vanilla ice cream to top off those fruit tarts.
Red berry fruit tarts, warm and fresh from the oven, and a side of whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. I love love love the creaminess of this blend. One of my favorite bpal gourmands ^_^

A friend sent an imp me this 'cause I love pomegranate, and cookies.

Wet: Butter cookies! Like the Royal Dansk kind that my Papa always used to buy a tin of, then all of my Nanny's would turn the tins in to sewing kits!

Dry after about 5 minutes: Butter cookies with something sweet. Cream? Maybe a bit of pomegranate?

After 10 minutes: Still butter cookies unless I sniff REAL hard, then I can smell the pomegranate. I kinda want to eat the bend of my arm.

After 45 minutes: Butter cookies. Maybe cream. If I could move a bit better right now I'd go make some blondies outta cake mix cause I am seriously craving something butter-cookie like now.

After 1 Hour 30 Minutes: Something sweet, and butter cookies.

A few hours later: A nice vanilla cream.

Basically: Butter cookies a little fruit, then vanilla. I wish it had more pom.

Edited by Pixie-elf

I smell a thin layer of sticky pomegranate goo sandwiched between two crumbly, buttery cookies and topped with a white chocolate drizzle! I’m not really getting any mint. This reminds me of some sort of breakfast junk I had as a teen, and I think it’s those Special K Red Berries Cereal Bars. It smells more fruity closer to the skin, and the butter is dancing about happily in its little butter cloud. 

This smells like brown sugar cinnamon cookies with vanilla peppermint icing. No pomegranate at all, but I do get the cream. Very sugary sweet in the dry down, but during the wet stage it was more cookie heavy. 

A little bit of a resemblance to Dragon Slide, the mint anyway. I enjoy this a lot, might upgrade!