Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Got this imp from a wonderful fairy....ok...on with it!!

In imp: First sniff...yep, there is that all known chocolate Bliss note, but with a wonderful hint of spice!

On Skin: OOh my!! :thud: This is so wonderful! Why oh why are we doomed to NOT have bottles made of this! The perfect mix of chocolate, spice, and wonderful pumpkin. This is not buttery like the other Pumpkin Patches seem to be, but foodie lovers will love!

Drydown: Doesn't stay long and not a huge throw, but this is amazing!! Stays true and doesn't morph, at least not on me!!! Now I need to see if I can hoard as many of these as I can!!!! :wub2:

Origin: frimp with my order of SN Sampaguita

Initial Thoughts: I had no designs on this one as I generally am not fond of chocolate in my perfume. I'd rather eat it than wear it.

In the Vial: Interesting. It's more like a pumpkin-mocha latte than strong chocolate and pumpkin. It's rich and creamy and if this were a candle or room spray I think I'd rather like it.

Wet: And now it's a blast of chocolate settling down into spice, with very little pumpkin. We'll see what happens.

Drydown: Interesting. The chocolate fades, the pumpkin doesn't really stand out. I have a wrist that is mostly pumpkin-pie spices of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Verdict: Well, it's not what I expected, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it. The husband doesn't care for foody scents. Again, if it were a candle or other room scent, I'd quite happily use it up. I might do better offering it a new home.

In the Imp: Mostly a spicy pumpkin.

Wet On Skin: The same pumpkin note from Jack, but nothing else.

Dry Down: All Pumpkin, all the time.

In All: perhaps it needs to age or rest a while, but I get not a trace of Bliss in this, which makes me a little sad. At the same time, it's a lovely pumpkin note, so I'll hang onto it.

All chocolatety Bliss when wet on the skin..then dries down to pumpkin spice. This is delicious and I would probably spring for a bottle if there were to ever be one! (a girl can dream) :wub2:

ITI: Wow, that's incredibly sweet - chocolate, gobs of sugar, pumpkin pie, clove, and nutmeg. If you are a foody, this should be one you consider.

Wet: warm chocolate, spices like nutmeg and clove, and freshly baked pumpkin pie. Actually, this is somewhat nice, even though I don't usually like foody scents.

Dry: The throw on this scent is significant. As I was taking a walk a few hours after application, I'd keep getting strong impressions of hot chocolate, sugar, pumpkin pie, and spices. Even now, the scent and its notes are clearly discernible and pleasant. I've warmed up to this one, that's for certain.

In the imp: Milk chocolate and the wonderful spiced pumpkin note found in all of the “...in the pumpkin patch” scents.

Wet: Creamy milk chocolate and pumpkin. Yum! Bliss is usually more like a brownie-esque chocolate than a milk chocolate candy bar on my skin, but that isn't the case with this scent. It's a creamy milk chocolate with a spiced pumpkin note, and the spiced pumpkin note is getting stronger the longer this sits on my skin.

Dry: The spiced pumpkin note completely overtook the creamy milk chocolate note, and now all that remains is a spiced pumpkin.

No, I take that back. If I press my nose to my arm and inhale really deeply, I get a whiff of the creamy milk chocolate, so it's still present. It's just very light.

Verdict: I like this, but I wish the chocolate hadn't decided to hide in the background on my skin! The combination of milk chocolate and spiced pumpkin smells quite delicious, though. :yum:

Gosh, how gorgeous! Bliss + Jack (or Pumpkin Latte maybe.) Velvety rich milk chocolate and sweet juicy, butter, spicy PUNKIN! For the dessert-lovers, the foodie scent fiends! The cinnamon and cocoa combination is reminding me of some of my great loves, Feast for the Greatly Revered Ones and Centzon Totochton...with the wonderful addition of that big orange gourd, of course! :biggrin:

Wow! Unexpectedly delightful! Thank you to a forum friend for giving this to me. ^^

I'm not a fan of the scent Bliss, I find it to be stomach turning and I wouldn't think to pair it with pumpkin. However, this works! On my skin I have a delicious chocolate-dipped spiced pumpkin. It reminds me a lot of those to-die-for Pumpkin Truffles Godiva releases every year around this time. :yum:

I adore Bliss and pumpkin scents and foodies in general, so this is an absolute no-brainer for me. I was VERY excited to try it out. GIVE ME THE SWEETS

The oil separates easily, and even when I shake/roll the vial and use the wand to stir in the cocoa, it's still a bit lumpy. The smell in the imp is the unapologetically dessert-like POP of scent you would expect, fresh out of the oven and made with 4 sticks of butter.

Freshly applied on my skin, I had some concern because it was sickly sweet, almost pukey (noooooo!!). Fortunately that burns off after a minute. Surprisingly mellow on drydown! Buttery chocolate cinnamon, tasty but very quiet. Kind like you baked something delicious yesterday.

This came as a frimp in my BPTP order, and I'm very excited to try it!

Wet: Um... awesome. This is what I wanted Pumpkin Latte/Chai to be. It lacks the coffee, but has spice and buttery chocolate and pumpkin, and I barely ever wear foodie scents anymore, but holy crap this is good.

Drying: Some of the foodiness is wisping away, and the pumpkin is coming to the fore a bit more, fresh and wet. That buttery quality is definitely still there though.

Dry: Damn. That sweetness I liked so much really does fade, as other reviewers have stated. but for me that makes the scent less interesting and more of a dry pumpkin. For the right person, though, this is a wonderfully blended and very unusual pumpkin scent.