Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Haunted Houses

Quiet, ineffective ghosts haunting the realm of mystery and night, stretching dusty hands back to homes and lifetimes unforgotten: pale gossamer musks swirling in thick, dense otherworldly vapours through cracks in dry wood and old, old stones.

In the bottle, this is elusive: the main note is something sharp, with an acid bite -- then if I breathe deeply, there's a cool, almost wintergreen, note, quite separate, in the background. On my skin, this is all delicate musk and florals, with the occasional echo of stone. The drydown is a sweet aquatic floral with a solid support of pale musk.

I was hoping for something more atmospheric and unisex, but this would be grest on the right person.

[ETA]

[Years pass]

I revisted this in preparation to cleaning out my stash, and it's aged wonderfully. Much more dust, stone, and wood up front. The floral finish merges elegantly with the dust. Probably still too floral for me, but much more balanced and evocative of hauntings.

Edited by radiantfracture

Don't take this the wrong way, but the drydown smells like a comforting grandmother or aunt right after they apply their Oil of Olay... *snipped*

Yes! My thoughts exactly! It reminds me of my mothers night cream when she came to give me a hug before bedtime. Haunted Houses is incredibly warm, nostalgic and comforting to me. It's starts out with soft patchouli and white musk and dries to a clean smelling, cozy musk scent on my skin. Beautiful!

I get mostly woods. Very dry, parched. I've always loved Carfax Abbey as my go-to "haunted house" scent. This isn't as rich, or as strong. Haunted Houses is subtle, soft. Ghostly...yes, maybe. Very soft musks, feminine somehow. Gentle ghosts, not posing a threat.

• ITB: Strong musk, cold stone, and cracked, almost salty wood. Interestingly likable.

Wet: The musk is just an incredibly cold musk, and it clearly evokes images of a dark house looming in the distance, seen hauntingly under the pale light of the wee hours, obscured ever so slightly by light fog. I still strikes me as slightly aquatic, but nicely so like R’lyeh.

Dry: It doesn't stay on all to well, but leaves just the lightest impression of swirling, cold musk, but not so much that it would register as a scent unless you were right up on the skin.

This is like a mix of thin, cedary, dry patchouli and white floral soap on my skin. The drydown is like generic, creamy white bars of soap covered in dust in an old wooden drawer.

Bringing joy to my days by reviewing my hoard of oils during social isolation...

this is Day 11: Haunted Houses

Wet: a very traditional ‘perfume’ with a soapy quality...

aaaand then it’s just soap. Probably the lily soap that the others speak of. On me that’s where it begins and ends.

No gossamer musk... no wood... just an obnoxious floral soap... 😖

Huge shame 😭😭😭