Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Blue Lollipops

BLUE LOLLIPOPS
Preschool graduation celebration! Blueberry-swirled blue lollipops!

Wet and in the bottle:

Sticky sweet, refined white sugar crystals. Hint of the fruity sweet wet blueberry note, reminds me a lot of the note in Blue Flasher (I think? That was the buttefly one with lilacs and blueberry).

On my skin, it blossoms into something like Sticky Pillowcase (YUM!) and definitely goes towards the boppy, fruity, sugary, tween-y scent. This not a bad thing! While wet, the fruity scent also brings to mind the stickiness of taffy, and I can even taste it a little bit as I'm smelling it. Lasting power is fair, but it's definitely a little bit of a nostalgia rush. There's even a flash or so of something I read as 'Bubble Yum' bubble gum, like big tubs of chewy super fruity gum.

I'm not sure I have to get more, but it's fun, delightful, and totally full of blue tongues.

Incidentally, my happiest patients usually have eaten of the blue candies in my waiting area and when I ask them to say aah, you can see the blue all over their tongues and their guilty yet very pleased looks. This scent (minus the hairy tongue, of course), is that scent of happy blue tongues.

Yes, this is a blue lollipop - slightly tart blueberry, sugar, maybe a little vanilla on the drydown. It's a very light, close to the skin scent (although it does get a bit stronger as it dries), but it lasts for hours. Very adorable! :wub2:

Edited by TheIceMaiden

In the imp, it's a very strong blueberry candy scent (I can't remember what it reminds me of exactly).

It isn't overly sweet on my skin for too long with a clear blueberry scent shining through, but it goes through a short spice stage (I don't know if it's reacting to my current soap, which is Villainess' Trauma). After that, it becomes a faint sweet powdery scent.

Kind of disappointed and will keep testing, but I think I won't be getting a bottle.

This definitely fits the description exactly. It IS blueberry lollipop. I guess it's my own fault that I tend to prefer more creamy sweetness than the artificial sweetness of candy scents. To me, they just smell cloying, without the warmth of more naturally sweet scents (like fruit notes). But that's a matter of personal preference. If you like lollipop scents, this would be GREAT for you.

To be honest, I don't think I would've minded it that much (the blueberry is amazing and I'm want it even in lollipop form), except my skin seems to eat this up. It has tragically little staying power and even weaker throw on me. So I'm not sure what occasion I can wear it too. It's a bit too "kiddish" to wear out for dinner, but doesn't stay long enough for everyday wear. Maybe I'll just gift it to my sister. She can definitely pull this off (given that she's the same age as Lilith).

SCORE: 5/10

I like this a lot more than I'd expected to! I love the blueberry note, which is indeed reminiscent of one of my favorites, Two-Barred Flasher. The sugar-candy with the fruitiness reminds me a good deal in impression of another favorite, Sugar Plum Fairy, though that scent is more complex and rich. The only problem I have with it, and what may hold me off from getting a bottle (but seek a partial) is a hint of a certain funkiness or pastiness I associate with some candy scents and the white musks.

In the decant: This definitely conjures the image of blue lollipops to my mind. It's not the kind with the bubblegum in the middle, but one of those blue and white swirled lollipops.

Wet: Blue and white swirled lollipops! This is very sweet, but that was to be expected! It is definitely a blueberry scent. I'm not a fan of blueberries, but the candy-quality makes it wearable. The boy says it reminds him of bubblegum, and I can see why he would think that as the sugary qualities seem to overtake the blueberry note as it dries.

Dry: The blueberry note isn't as prominent, but it still remains, with the sugary candy quality of the scent soaring above it. The lollipop is mostly gone now, and what remains is a happy child with a blue tongue.

Verdict: Although I am not particularly fond of blueberries and would have preferred a blue raspberry lollipop scent, I was pleasantly surprised by this scent (and how realistic it is)! I don't think that I will be springing for a bottle, but I intend to keep my decant. I'm glad that I was able to try this!

My first review..

I took a risk on this one and bought a bottle. I have always had a fondness of blue lollypops as it takes me back to when I was a child. When I smell this in the bottle I get more blueberries than a sweet smell but once I apply it, the blueberries is the first note that hits me but once it dries, the sweetness comes back. I get a slightly tart smell that I can almost taste. It has a nice throw but it is not over powering. This is a keeper and I am glad I took a risk.

Tart. sugary blueberry lollipops. Definitely a sugary candy scent, and reminds me of a blue version of Treat #1, with the same tart hard candy vibe.

If you thought the description sounded appealing or like hard candy scents, this is a good one.

I will probably give a bottle a pass, since I have Treat #1 and Blue Phoenix to satisfy my desire for candy and blueberry, but I'll hang onto the rest of the decant.

I'm not the biggest fan of blueberry flavors, honestly - I prefer them fresh. But I am very curious to see how this will turn out on me, since my foodie perfume tastes don't always seem to match my eating tastes.

In the imp: Sharp blueberry scent

Wet on skin: Blueberry lollipops. Yup.

Dried down: This reminds me of the gourmet lollipops that people used to sell in fundraisers, and that I now see at the grocery store in their own stand (cause they can't mix with the normal candy in the candy aisle or at the front, right?).

Throw: Blueberry softened by sugar.

Verdict: **** This is a very pretty scent, but it's not one I see myself reaching for very often, so I don't think I'll be getting a bottle. I'm just not a blueberry kind of girl. I do think I'll keep the decant, though, for now.

This really reminds me to the Sugar Plum Fairy, minus the plum. This is sweet, sugary candy with a fruity jolt.

Very wearable for a candy scent, and utterly apropos for a young girl.

Too sweet for me, but now I totally want some candy!

In the bottle - Tart/creamy fruit a bit like a fruity yoghurt

Wet on me - Tart fruits, I want to say blue berries because of the colour, but I'm not convinced

Dry on me - A clean candylike fruit, sweet and crisp

Overall - I love it, it's sweet but not in your face about it

Yummy, sweet and sour blueberry. This would be great for a teen, I think, it's fun and sweet and smells like a blueberry slurpee. I like this, but not enough for a bottle. I'll probably use my decant in summer months.

Got a decant from a lovely forum member. :)
Oh my god, this brings out my inner kid. It's a creamy, candy-type sweet full of (slightly) artificial blueberries. I neeed a bottle!! :wub3:

My favorite blueberry scent from bpal is still Blue Fire, where the fizzy juniper/gin note kept the sweetness of the blueberry in check. There's nothing holding the sweetness in check with this one. The blueberry is a super-sweet, candied, artificial, syrupy note. It goes a little powdery in the drydown. Too simple and sweet for me.

I'm getting way more sugary lollipops than the blueberry once dried down. It's definitely artificial and I think there might have been a raspberry note too. Kinda resembles cotton candy more to me. It's fun and sweet, but wish that sweet blueberry lasted longer. Gets a little play-doh like after a while.