Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White peach, white tea, honey, and neroli.

Juicy. Voluptuous. Tender. Late-summer fruit in a bottle, basking in a pool of lemon-neroli sunlight.

Honey as a rule plays horribly with my skin chemistry, but this might be worth a scent locket.

ETA: Now that I've retested away from the olfactory madhouse of the booth: there is a lot more white tea in here than I thought. However, this blend is like a table with four perfectly balanced legs. It's hard to tell where one note stops and another starts. You get all four in equal measure.

Origin: Bought in person at Dragon*Con

Initial Thoughts: This was the one D*C Peach exclusive that immediately made my hands go grabby. No death notes, no iffy notes, just sweet and floral goodness.

In the Bottle: Peach, honey and tea in a gorgeous balance.

Wet: Heavy on the honey and the neroli comes out of nowhere to take over. It's a rich creamy floral at this stage, but I await further developments.

Drydown: The peach and tea re-emerge, and I get the rare experience of being able to detect every note listed. The result is almost like a heavily-sweetened hot cup of peach tea. It's gently romantic and yet soothing at the same time.

Verdict: I'm very glad I got a bottle. Tempted to get a spare tomorrow if nothing else speaks to me.

As the previous reviewers stated, this is a beautifully balanced, light, sweet blend that's perfect for a late summer afternoon. I can't necessarily pick out the individual notes, particularly the honey and tea, but they seem to simply enhance the gorgeous peach note that takes center stage. I'm completely in love!! :wub2:

I get all stupid over this one. Srsly. When 1st applied, I started singing "I smell pretty, I smell pretty, I smell pretty and witty and gaaayyyyy!" That's terrible and all humans should feel fortunate they weren't around for that. But you get the point. Aaand unfortunately some insight into my flavor of insanity.

Ok really, this is a winner and changes my mind about white tea. Its sweet, innocent and not lemony at all. Kinda like getting an "everythings gonna be ok" hug that truly changes your outlook for the better. Its peach, mind-clearing white tea, nerve settling neroli, and sweet warm honey.

Edited by SophieCedar

Peach V has a lot in common with Peach Moon, I think - minus the jasmine and the wood. It's light and sweet without being excessively fruity right off the bat, and over time on the skin it gets deeper and richer with the honey. Neroli is sometimes slightly bitter - this is not, not at all. It's a wonderful summertime scent.

I knew that this scent would not disappoint because I love all of the notes, and it works so well on me! The peach is tart, fresh and crisp, not sugary or sticky-sweet. The honeyed tea is like a shot of Gennivre, softly sweet and almost powdery somehow. I can't really pick out the neroli, but I do sense a white floral tone somehow, it's just not prominent or obvious. Overall, the perfume is fresh, bright, clean, and happy. A keeper and a winner for sure.

When seeing this on the update about Dragon Con, I *knew* that I had to have it. So I went and bugged one of friends to pick it up for me.

I must have the blood type of single note of honey, because I amp honey so wonderfully.

In addition, fruits play well with me. Plum, cherry, pear, and now peach.

Peaches, tea, and honey remind me of late summer afternoons outdoors sitting on the porch before the storm rolls in.

Each of the components add to each other. I smell the peach first and then the honey secondly. The white tea and neroli are in the background adding depth.

5/5

another winner!

My first impression: *snif* Oooooooo! *sniiiiiiiiiiif* MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! :yum: :wub2:

In the bottle I'm getting mostly gentle tea, creamy neroli, and a drop of sweet honey. Wet on my skin it goes a little musty at first, like dry tea leaves. The tea is the strongest note right now with the neroli underlying it. As it dries it stays pretty true to that with just a hint of peach starting to emerge. I can't say as I'm really getting much honey from this but then I also tested Peach I earlier which is just dripping with honey.

This blend has a very fresh, crisp feel to it. It would be great for sunny spring days and late Indian summers.

I'm a neroli fan, so this one really delivered. I love how the juicy peach note, which has that hint of tartness to balance the sweetness(never cloying throughout the drydown), is balanced by the creamy, slightly citrusy neroli. Those two the notes that burst onto the scene initially, but after a minute or two of drying down a light, sweet honey and sheer white tea beautifully come into play. I think this one has put my fears of white peach turning saccharine on my skin to rest.

ITI: It's certainly white peach, delicate tea, and honey (yes, the bad kind). :(

Wet: It's bright, faintly sweet, and subtly fruity. Oddly enough, the honey isn't misbehaving as badly as it usually does on my skin, so I can actually tease out the succulent peach and the white tea with tones of neroli.

Dry: After several hours, the peach and honey remain. It's pretty and soft, but the honey has a slightly Honey Bucket impression, so this won't be for me. I just wish my skin wouldn't change such a beautiful note to something so horrible.

In the bottle: Rich white peaches! With honey and neroli below.

Wet: Ah, there's the tea. The peaches are still front and center though, with the tea mixing in, and the honey and neroli beneath.

Dry: Well, nothing goes wrong with this one (unlike Peach II), but nothing is quite right with it either. It doesn't go soapy, but the peach scent pretty much just vanishes leaving a "clean" scent behind to mix with the tea. I can still find the neroli below that, but the honey's also pretty much gone. :(

Verdict: I'm going to sit on my half bottle. It might be wonderful in a scent locket later down the road, or I might get a hold of a single note that will work well with it. But for now Peach V is going to hide shamefully in my BPAL box. (Which means between the two Peaches I got, white peach gets added to my list of skin failures.)

For me, this one comes down to how well you do with the BPAL honey notes. If you like, you'll like this, but if it goes musky or powdery on you in a way you don't like, I'd stay away because on me the honey was very present, with recognizable hits of peach and white tea. I didn't get a ton of neroli from it.

Actually, if you liked A Thought From Propertius, you'll like this. They are very, very similar in the drydown, once that cayenne note in ATFP settles down. Or, if you have ATFP and were sad you missed this, in my opinion you're set.

This is really promising at first. I'm getting a clear, fresh peach with neroli and tea. Dry, the tea an neroli disappear, boo, and the peach becomes really sweet, sickly sweet in fact. Damn I wish it stayed how it was wet, I loved the tea note.

Fresh peach, touch of tea and honey.

This one is very light and pretty, but as it dries the peach definitely takes over and becomes sweeter. At this stage, I'd say it all peach and honey.

Damn, I wish the tea had stuck around.

Honey is the strongest note here, like a heavy glaze over fresh peach juice. The white tea and neroli almost sparkle, adding some much needed astringency to cut through the honey and peach. As it dries, though, it loses some of the brightness and has a more concentrated sweetness. Overall, the notes play nicely together and this is very fruity and pretty, a good summer scent.

This is not a super juicy peach, but it's not weak, either. It's just softened by the honey and the tea. I'm a neroli freak, so I would like for it to be more aggressive, but it just sits back and sniffs this gently perfect scent. It is the kind of scent you could wear anywhere, but especially on late spring or early summer evenings on the porch--it's both relaxing and reminiscent of old-fashioned elegance, without having any old-ladyish ickiness about it.

Sadly, I bought this in Winter, and delicious as it is (and it is delish), I am going to save it for spring and summer when it will be la perfume juste.

Discalimer: I tested this on the back of my hand, which sometimes affects the way the oil smells. The same oil on back of my hand sometimes smells different than on my wrist or elbow or neck, etc. So I may need to do another test in different places.

In the imp: Peach candy!

Wet: Juicy peach and floral tea. As this dries the tea is coming through more strongly. The neroli is back there way in the back. This is like sniffing the tea bag that you took out of the cabinet and placed in your cup while waiting for the kettle to boil. There's a plate of juicy, sweet freshly sliced peaches sits beside it on the counter as a snack to eat with your tea.

Drydown: Juicy peach and tea at the forefront. I can just barely detect the neroli but it's there. After a little while a light, golden beeswax-y honey note comes through (honey always smells beeswax-y to me so YMMV). Someone poured a dollop of sweet honey into their tea. And all that's left of the peaches is some juice left on the plate.

Long wear: after a little more than an hour all that's left where I applied the oil is a faint sweet peach scent. The sweetness smells more like sugary sweet than the fresh juicy sweet that it was before. I like this stage :)

Conclusion: I like this scent but I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it. I don't tend to use imps and decants as much as bottles. But I do think I'll save this for spring and summer and see how I like it then.

Edited by unlaced

sweet peach white tea! another peachy surprise for me. the white tea keeps things dry and light so the peach does not become sticky and cloying. this is beautiful and wearable and would also be beautiful as an atmosphere/linen spray. it is bright and makes me think of summer.