Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ApothecaryScribe

St. Albert's Oil

A working oil for scientists. Aids analytical thinking and helps facilitate the acquisition of useful information. This oil can be utilized in rituals that foster learning and in rituals of discovery, invention, and innovation.

I bought this to help in my medical writing job, in tandem with Temple of the Resurrected God (I am a Christian). I was touched to see the needs of left-brain workers represented in the Etsy array.

Propitiously it arrived last week during work on a new project pitch, after a day of "How will I figure out all THAT by Friday?!" funk. I anointed my third eye, throat chakra, and backs of hands (my keyboard and pens are not oil-safe) and a prayer card to keep near my desk.

Fragrance-wise, the frankincense and benzoin dominate. In the bottle it's somewhat sweet as well as spicy. On my hands ethereal sharp frankincense notes as at Easter Vigil came forth. The frankincense and benzoin went to my head, could be felt in the periorbital sinus. The sensation woke me up, straightened my posture, and indeed made me want to do science.

In terms of purpose: I had a somewhat restless night after anointing my prayers and myself. I got up in the small hours to take Tylenol for a mild headache (related to the preceding day's work, not the TAL) and had an idea. I kept repeating a key word related to that idea whenever I was awake throughout the night. In the morning I felt much more physically and mentally energetic than is usual after a night of not enough sleep, and in my mind's ear remembered the high-voltage electric guitar solo from Relativity's Rosc Catha na Mumhan (for those who haven't heard it, "feral militant processional" is an understatement). I reapplied St. Albert's on the same points before leaving for work. At the office I put the prayer card on my over-desk bulletin board, pulled up the data I had thought of in the night, and plunged back into the project. A colleague that afternoon remarked on the radical change in my attitude from fear to enthusiasm. By about 6:30 pm we had a slide deck we believed in for our presentation.

When we met with clients Friday morning (one colleague on site and the other writer and myself teleconferencing) they asked insightful questions (rather than deflating ones) and not only said "yes, please start next week!" to our proposed project but also asked us to take on two larger projects in 2014.

Thank you, Holy Wisdom.
Thank you, Beth.

Sweet, somewhat spicy. Resinous base. I do think this has frankincense.

This is such a mind-clearer. This blend allows you to focus.

I dabbed some on before a 2.5 hour meeting where we were talking about clarity around some organizational initiatives. It definitely allowed me to concentrate and think about what was getting done more clearly.

I'm going to bust it out again tomorrow when I am putting together timelines and see where it leaves me off at.