Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
windbourne

Happy Baby in a Long Dress

Lemon sugar and lavender buds.

Got this during the original release, wore it a few times and forgot about it.. tried it again today, and OMGosh - this is (still) awesome. A simple scent by description, it has unexpected complexity. It starts out as a basic sweet lemon/lavender, but as it mellows it has more depth, less astringency, and lasts for hours on my skin. Happy Baby for teh win!

I'm in the process of reviewing all the bottles in my collection that I haven't yet. I bought Happy Baby In a Long Dress new from the lab when it came out, but it's one of the scents that I've ended up mostly overlooking.

In the bottle: sweet lemon and herbal lavender. Sometimes lavender smells astringent and almost medicinal to me, but this lavender's not like that; it's more like culinary lavender that you would find in tea or cookies.

On my skin: Lemon is by far the strongest note, but it's sweetened enough that it's not too tart and acidic.At this stage, it's like lemonade flavored with lavender syrup. It's sweetened enough to cut the sourness, but it's not so sweet that it's cloying or toothache-inducing.

As it dries more, a bit of a soapy quality starts to creep in, but it's more like bubble solution than an actual bar of soap. Since lavender is so often an ingredient in soap, that's probably where the association is coming from. That soapy stage doesn't last too long, though. What remains is a comforting and snuggly sort of lavender.

Overall, this is a light, refreshing, summery scent.

Oh, lemony goodness! This is mostly lemon on me (though lemon sugar because it's not too tart) with lavender on the edges - it manages to be both bright and soothing at the same time. Perfect for summer.