Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mermaidsdream

Feed Me and Fill Me With Pleasure

Black patchouli, honey, and thick vanilla amber.

The patchouli in this is so dark and moistly grungey - it smells like a big block of hash I was once offered to buy in Bali, earthy, gooey, feral and scary. So what happens is that the honey tries to step up and be all sweet and sickly but the black patchouli says "fuck off, you stupid pile of bee barf" and the honey goes all quiet and sits meekly in the background. This makes the patchouli think it's all tough and manly-like so it starts puffing up its chest and swelling its testicles, striding around like it's the King of Stink, but just when you think ermahgerd this patchouli is going to strangle me - the vanilla amber shows up. And when I say "shows up", what I really mean is that it flies in on a golden unicorn and sprinkles dusky soft vanilla dust over the top of the black patchouli, instantly shrinking its swollen testicles until it gets all embarrassed and stops strutting around. The vanilla amber gets off its golden unicorn (whose name, incidentally, is Gerald) and settles itself down on top of the patchouli and honey, creating a blanket of soft ambery vanilla goodness. The patchouli - by now quite ashamed of its aforementioned display of testicle swelling and chest puffing - snuggles in on the vanilla amber blanket and sleeps peacefully, occasionally snoring but in a cute way. Who knew the patchouli would turn out to be such a big softie? Gerald, that's who - he knew all along.

This is the best review I have ever seen. EVER. It's perfection. :bow:

Edit: Durrhurr... I might want to post MY review.
Imp: Banshee Beat patchouli and vanilla :heart:

Wet: Yeah, this isn't BB patch anymore. He's big and wild and earthy. Not quite of the #ows variety because those have all been tranquilized and re-homed in safe environments in the wild (like my perfume box) but definitely stronger than BB. I normally like my patch more subtle and smooth, see: all the Sumatran patchouli in the Lupers this year, but since I get hints of honey and vanilla and amber, I think this will be amazing once it settles down.

Wet: Still pretty rough around the edges. This patch is taking no prisoners! I can definitely smell a battle-of-the-notes going on. The honey and vanilla are trying to get him to simmer down and he's having none of it. I get dirt with the most lovely vanilla-honey-amber on top. I want a bottle to age because this has so much potential if the patch smooths out.

Edit the second: After aging, I am in absolute, all-encompassing lust. The patch does indeed smooth out significantly and is very very similar to BB now (quite possibly my favorite BPAL scent EVER) and there's a hint of sweetness from the honey. Amber and vanilla deepen this surprisingly complex blend. I knew I should have gotten backups! Edited by brilliantcat

Sniff – mainly patchouli and vanilla. Not as sweet as banshee beat, more toward the dark end of patchouli, but very nice and certainly worth a test.

Skin testing – goes on reminding me of banshee beat, reviews mentioning antikeytheria mechanism and occupy wallstreet are ringing bells for me. It quickly turns into a vetiver sort of sharp patchouli and then proceeds to fade fast into a vetiver tinged honey subtlety. It's nice, but not something I would reach for regularly I don't think.

Dries down to a really soft and likable patchouli with a very mild honey in the background. Womb Fury lite, I might say.

why are you reading reviews? you know it's fucking magnificent.

it's a nice spicy warm woody patch at first, then the vanilla and amber come out with no plastic or powder, just take-me-now-you-sexy-hippie. TA-DAAAAHHH.

ooh this is one of those earthy, warm, sexy scents. in the beginning it's mostly vanilla amber with a bit of honey, then once it's dry the patchouli comes to the foreground, adding a bit of earthy spice to what is now a warm vanilla-amber. i'd say this is a pretty unisex scent. sexy on both sexes!

Maybe it's my decant or maybe it's my skin chemistry, but this seems to settle into a pencil-pushing patchouli lovefest on my skin. No sweetness, no honey, just a massive pile of patchouli and pencils. While this isn't exactly a great scent on me now, I'm willing to give it another shot after it has spent some time in a dark drawer.

Got my lovely imps from the decant circle yesterday.. Was very iffy on this one since Patchouli tend amp up on my skin but the hoped vanilla amber was the secret to me not smelling like a head shop.

Wet: all I can smell is patchouli ( my 6 yr old daughter pointed out that I smelled like what she thought Woody from Toy story would smell like ..lol)

30 minutes latter (after the post office who could I am sure smell this scent after I left) I can smell a bit of amber and honey not a ton but it has beaten the patchouli back a bit.

Hour latter.. Wow the honey and amber is blending and calming the patchouli down, it also has staying power.

Think I am going to hunt down a bottle of this and let it age.

I'm not a great lover of patchouli, but I like it muted or sweet, as Mme Moriarty and Banshee Beat. This one is definitely in the forefront at first. Strong patch, and nothing much else. I'm a disappointed girl. After a bit, the amber and vanilla do come out, and the patchouli takes a back seat, though I can't really say it any better than SSDB. :lol: This is a sweet and tame patchouli now, though it took an hour to get there, so I'm a bit bummed that it took so long. I'll keep this baby a bit to age, to see if it improves. It may do better for me to add a bit of sweetness from another amber or vanilla note.

In decant: patchouli, sharp; vanilla, sweet. In that order. The vanilla is lovely, the sort of vanilla that reminds me of Celeste. If it wasn't for the amazing reviews on this blend, I might pass on skin testing this one, to be honest, because the patchouli is quite prominent.

Wet on skin: this is Celeste with patchouli. The vanilla really is quite lovely. At this stage, I almost want to get this one, just because of that vanilla--it's that amazing. But yes, like all other reviews before me, this is predominantly a patch blend. A peppery, dirty patchouli. It IS very lovely-smelling but not something I would wear.

Dry: patchouli, sweetened slightly by the honey and vanilla amber. The "dirt" feel to the patchouli is still there. It's very lovely, and it's not for me, although as time goes on the patchouli is growing on me...and thirty minutes on, I CAN'T SING ENOUGH PRAISES OF THIS BLEND. This is one of the most beautiful vanilla ambers I have ever smelled, and the patchouli is soft (while still retaining a "dirty" tinge to it) while giving this blend a definitive "kick" out of the too-smooth vanilla amber range. Its soft and sweet and absolutely fabulous.

Verdict: this was a bit of a surprise. After some discussion with a bunch of forumites I decided that if I couldn't test the Lupers before they go down, I wasn't going to turn this into a bottle buy, because patchouli and me don't usually go together. But I've been won over, completely. This is an amazing, amazing blend; and it's testament to Beth's skill to make something so not-me on paper turn out to be something I just have to have.

The Banshee Beat vibe of this is remarkable. But it's less soft (the hemp, I imagine in Banshee) and a lot dirtier. Banshee Beat is what everyone wants to think of tree loving hippies (sunshine and kisses), Feed me~ is what I think most hippies really are. Dreads, no processed sugar (honey yay :D), and a tough love that gets you kissees when truly appropriate. Or that's just me.

I think #Occupy Wallstreet is a lot deeper/wetter and didn't work as well on me. Womb furie is a close scent too- but a lot sweeter (went a little cloying on me). It doesn't have the wet slap of patchouli like Depraved, and is a bit closer to the patchouli in Goblin (but sans coconut, so Goblin is a LOT dirtier).

All weird comparison's aside, this is an amazing scent. Easily jumping into my top 5. This is the most amazing patchouli I've had from the lab yet (granted, there are many other on my MUST TRY list), and it's tamed to a wearable level (aka: not annoying coworkers/sisters that hate patchouli). The amber gives it the over-all feel of sensual, warm, sexual. But add that sweetness of honey and vanilla and oh... my god. There is nothing more delicious in this world then a warm vanilla'd patchouli. Final decision.

So glad I got a bottle of this. I just wish I had gotten more, because I'm certain I'll be doing hunts for this in the future. It'll be a regular scent in my go-to rotation. Highly recommend to everyone that likes patchouli even a little.

Note: Amber usually amps on me, making every blend with amber be AN AMBER BLEND OMG. So it's possible that for me, the amber and patchouli balance each other. In comparison to other reviews where the patchouli is dominant. :heart:

Edited by Aveya

On my skin wet: A metallic patchouli with a hint of honey. Cologney and heady.

On my skin dry: The sweet metallic note has amped (it smells bloody actually :ack:) and the patchouli is doing it's usual cologney thing. The vanilla amber is present and it's nice but that bloody scent of the patchouli smells ...wrong.

No, just no. I'd love to see that vanilla amber combined with something else though.

So, I wanted to love this. I STILL want to love this, I SHOULD love this! It has all my favorite scents, but when I put it on (and I have tried several times now hoping for a different result) I smell manure.

I lived in Ohio, there is a type of fermented cow manure that they spread early spring in the corn fields. It's THAT manure, pungent, overpowering, earthy, bitter, and rank:/

It must be the patchouli but all my other patch blends, even my occupy don't have this note on me, so I am not sure, but whatever it is I amp it like crazy:((((

Banshee beat is my favorite scent, I was SO hopeful with this blend, it was the only luper I HAD to have. I am gonna hold into it and hope aging takes the poop stank out of my bottle:/

Patchouli: check

Honey: check

Vanilla amber: double check plus

So why in the name of all that is holy and sacred does this smell like pine-sol on me? I even love evergreens of all kinds, but this smells like the kind of industrial cleaner that nursing homes use to mop the floor.

When I sniff the actual bottle, I get some whiffs of very hippie-ish patchouli, maybe lightly sweetened. When I put it on my skin... Floor cleaner.

I have no illusions that I will ever own a bottle of Banshee Beat, so I had really high hopes for this.

GERALD!!! WHERE IN THE HELL ARE YOU WITH YOUR MAGIC UNICORN DUST?

I have layered this with a single note vanilla with ~some~ success, so I'm going to put his away for a little while and see what happens. But I am seriously wondering if I've gotten an off bottle, since the reviews (aside from Ella LaRose) are SO vastly different from what I smell.

Ok, I am going to toddle off to the corner to cry for a little while. :cry2:

Banshee Beat Patchouli with a touch of AM smoke and wood. The vanilla and honey seem to be off having afternoon tea sadly, but nom nom nom on the sexy smelling man hand. This is a Unisex Banshee Beat (which was very sweet on me) which surprises me a lot given the sexual nature of the name. I normally think of sexy scents as being more distinctly masculine or feminine... but this could smell sexy on either.

I'm still sad my skin isn't getting any Celeste vanilla... I love that vanilla (Elf v4) sooooooo much and was excited to have another scent of it. But the scent and the name in combo I like enough to hang onto this and maybe dab on other people in the future to see if I can get a wift of that precious vanilla.

I ordered a decant of this, which arrived too late to get a bottle, and I knew I should have just ordered this unsniffed. So I was very excited to get a bottle in a forum swap. I find this to be the similar patchouli as that in both #occupy and Banshee Beat, with the honey and amber to sweeten it. Why oh why didn't I just order multiples at the time it was available?

Also, for the patchouli lovers here, this is the perfect complement to my beloved Amber and Patchouli hair gloss, which I wear almost daily in my hair. :wub2:

When I got a decant of this during the Luper update. I took one whiff and maybe dashed a bit on. It was way too much patchouli for me. I *ALMOST* gave the decant away. But something told me, to calm down and try again with this decant.

Since wearing BPAL, I can now fully appreciate patchouli.

I am glad, I waited!

Patchouli has aged nicely, kind of like a nice full-bodied wine.

Its woodsy and dirty, says "come play with me"

The honey and vanilla amber are the supporting acts here, and are lovely in there own right.

it comes on dirty and then gets really nice :)

the drydown stage with the vanilla amber is the best part of FM&FMWP! :joy:

4/5 for me!

Edited by DJ Sin

I think I haven't tried much with Black Patchouli, because I was expecting to love this, but it was very woody on me. I didn't really get any of the honey or vanilla amber because I felt the woody, dry patchouli dominated everything. :cry2:

Edited by Arylkin

I'm quite a novice when it comes to patchouli blends. I've tried one or two, but the patch was always within a long list of other notes and just played back up.

I find this blend is all about the patchouli. Although it says it's honeyed, it seems to be dry and woody, at least on my skin. I was so hoping for the amber and honey to come into play, but it took a good couple of hours to get much besides eye waveringly robust, woody patchouli. At the end of the day, I could get faint whiffs of what I would imagine to be an amazing scent, filled with the sweetness of honey and a light layer of amber-y vanilla, but it was so faint at that point, it was nearly undetectable. Ah well, it's not really surprising, as my skin amps woody scents. :cry2:

Well hello there! Aren't you the sexy blend? It does remind me of BB, but it's still different in a few ways. Wish it had the hemp note, which made BB so unique and sweeter. Just lovely, though, regardless.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

I'm so glad I decided to find a bottle of this instead of just a decant to test, I'm in love! The patch is strong while wet but settles down really wonderfully with the other notes once it's had some time on my skin. Such a rich, warmly sweet scent with just a touch of dirt, I can't stop sniffing myself. :wub2:

A STRONG, earthy, sexy, hippie patchouli scent that amps like crazy on both my husband and myself. So of course I love it. The lush, thick honey note snuggles right up to the patchouli and it's a match made in heaven. Beautiful amber adds warmth and sweetness. Immediately in my top 10. :wub2:

When I first got my bottle, I discovered to my sadness that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It was very sharp, woody and strong. But WOW did it age well! I almost swapped it away trying to get a hold of Dorian in the pumpkin patch, but glad I didn't manage and re-tested it. So sexy indeed! Makes me think I should really age patchouli-scents before giving them up. So smooth, sweet and sexy... yay!

Edited to say that I see now others made exactly the same discovery before me! :D

Edited by Nemi

I have very few sexy blends, probably because red and black musk are very very bad on me (no, seriously, people who don't believe in skin chemistry should come smell me wearing plastic doll heads sometime).

But Feed Me has no musk! Hurray. I lightly apply to my wrists - yesterday I tested on the back of my hand where scents seem to stay longer.

Wet this is just insane. Woody patch (never would have guessed "black" patchouli since I thought that was the dirty one, whatever), made sweet by vanilla amber and sexy with the honey.

Unfortunately it goes a teensy bit cloying on the dry down. I think amber sometimes gets too round and bloated on my skin, if that makes any sense. I got a similar feel from La Lugubre Gondola, Ah well, unlike LLG the patch does ground and balance this one - and I think it's good enough wet to muddle through.

Tzi

Edited by tziporra

One of my absolute favorite oils. Feed Me and Fill Me With Pleasure is the sister of Banshee Beat and Goblin. The patchouli is more similar to Goblin and Occupy Wallstreet (woody with a cedar feel to it). It's similar to Banshee Beat since it has that patchouli + vanilla/sweet note thing going on. The amber adds an extra layer of complexity creating a gorgeous incense-like aroma on my skin. It reminds me a lot of Fred Soll's Honey Amber incense. Instantaneous win.

:wub2:

Edited by Monster

goes on as a warm blend of all 3 notes

quickly settles to a soft yet still dirty patchouli and honey

fades down close to the skin, honey may have given way to amber

nice! but too soft on my skin