Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

I Loved You at First: But Afterwards Your Love

A gentle musk suffused with red roses, neroli, Moroccan jasmine, tuberose, white tobacco, and bourbon vanilla.

In the Bottle: I get soft, sweet rose, some of the tuberose and a bit of the bourbon vanilla. In the bottle like this, it smells like a cousin of my favorite atmosphere spray, Cathouse. :wub2: I really hope that vibe persists!

Wet On Skin: I'm not getting any of the jasmine, neroli or tobacco. However, the musk is starting to come through some and make this sweet floral even sweeter.

Dry Down: Wow. This has gotten really interesting. There is somehow the same kind of candy-like sweetness that I get from Midwinter's Eve or Sugar Plum Fairy. I think it's the combination of the tuberose and the vanilla. I'm not much for florals, generally, I'm really picky about them- but this is really quite nice.

In All: Medium throw, and rather aggressive for a floral, but the vanilla really pulls it together. If you are a fan of Cathouse Atmo Spray and you've been pining for a perfume to match, I would strongly recommend giving this a try.

:)

From the bottle this is a softly sweet musk with florals, no particular note stronger than the rest. Upon first application it stays gentle, then almost immediately amps the tuberose and jasmine. It's a wet, luscious jasmine backed by soft rose and white florals.

While trying to limit myself on which luper to pick up I was strongly tempted by this one. VioletChoas' review threw me over the edge and made this one a must buy.

I love Cathouse and used to spray it on my bed linens until The Flame started breaking out in hives o.0 I haven't tried since to see if it was something else or my beloved atmo spray. So so so happy to have this scent. It really does smell like Cathouse on me

In the imp I got a musky rose. Going on, it was bright and floral - mostly rose and jasmine, with a hint of musk. Drying down, it is staying predominantly rose on me, but a mature rose... like a late summer evening stroll through a tea rose garden in bloom. There is some jasmine and tuberose and a bit of musk. So far, no neroli, tobacco or vanilla coming through on me.

This feels like something I'd wear to a sophisticated evening event - mature and confident, but with a bit of mystery behind it.

what a pretty floral scent this is. i love rosy scents, and this is just what this is. i am mostly getting sweet roses, tuberose and hint of tobacco. thankfully the jasmine is subtle. it was the only note i was a bit concerned about. the musk and vanilla are subtle on me. i really like this a lot, but think i would love it if the musk and vanilla were more prominent.

The tuberose smells soapy and kinda drowns out the other notes. Typical. :rolleyes: This smells quite lovely all the same, but I think I'm good with just a decant.

I got this decant at the last minute because of the Cathouse Atmo spray comparisons, so I was not surprised when a reddish jasmine came forth on my skin. Really pretty, a little sharp (but nothing I can't handle). I was hoping it would spread and mellow, enveloping me in a floral hothouse cloud. It didn't. It remained sharp red jasmine. Which isn't bad at all. It would make a lovely.... erm, room scent :umm: , but it's just not a "me" scent. I'll definitely use the decant.

Wet, this is an absolutely stunning rose and jasmine scent. They're both pretty loud, but they keep each other in check. I think I also smell neroli.

Somewhere between the dry-down and dry, however, it turns into something very different. Both the jasmine and the rose fade away, and I'm left with what I'm pretty sure is tobacco-scented soap.

argh

At first - BAM!! hello jasmine. Then BAM!! neroli, BAM! rose, BAM! tuberose. It's like my nose has been kidnapped by the Floral Army.

An hour later, the army has disbanded and I'm getting a nice waft of soft musky vanilla with a clean tobacco undertone. The florals - particularly the jasmine - are still dancing on the top of everything else though.

Nothing special for me at all - this one goes into the "soft feminine floral" category which is just totally not my scene.

There are some great notes in this, but I'm wary of the white tobacco. Most tobacco does bad things on my skin. Not too sure about the tuberose, either.

In the vial: Roses and jasmine.

Wet: Lots of florals in this; I'm getting the tuberose and jasmine first, though. But this is pretty and might be okay on me.

One hour: A pleasant floral blend dominated by tuberose and jasmine, with a noticeable vanilla component. Not my style, but nice on my skin. Fortunately, the white tobacco is behaving beautifully; it's contributing just enough tannin to keep the florals in check without being obvious about it. The musk isn't being obvious, either.

Six hours: Nothing left but a breath of tuberose. This is a pretty, gentle, reasonable mixed floral, but not for me.

This is gorgeous, and a beautiful sort of traditional lovely floral. Nice when I don't want to overwhelm. So glad I got a bottle of this unsniffed.

I think this may be my favorite of the Lupers this year, it's so well blended, so heady but not like a punch in the head, more like a mist of gorgeousness. :wub2:

Edited by stellamaris

This is an intense, perfumey floral on my skin. The tuberose smells sharp and white floral-ish on me, in a way that unfortunately gives me a headache. There's also lots of bright, yellowy smelling jasmine and a little bit of rose. It winds up being a very perfumey smelling jasmine with a hint of rose.

This smells very generic on my skin: it's not unpleasant (although I have discovered that I'm not a fan of Moroccan jasmine), it's just sort of 'meh' to my nose.

I'm getting a very perfumey quality, a little neroli and rose, and quite a bit of the jasmine. No musk per se, although it's probably combining with the bourbon vanilla (another not-so-fave) to create this strong generic "perfume" impression. No tobacco whatsoever.

Surely a classic on some, but sadly...not for me.

Edited by OctoberGwen

On my skin wet: Tobacco and roses a hint of jasmine in the back. It's alright so far but not wowing me yet. The tobacco & rose combination reminds me a bit of Ghosts in Love.

On my skin dry: This doesn't morph a lot it's still mainly tobacco but the jasmine has amped and overpowers the rose.

Not for me.

In the bottle: Soft, sweet floral

Wet on skin: Tuberrose is front and center (as it tends to be on me) and wet.

Dry: This is soft and light floral, the bourbon vanilla tries it's best to keep it all grounded. A little age might help it out.

ITI: It a white scent, reminding me of crisp linens. I can pick up the neroli, jasmine, and tuberose well. The other notes haven't made themselves apparent.

Wet: It's a bit more floral on my skin - tuberose, rose, jasmine, and neroli with a hint of white tobacco.

Dry: Wow, it morphs. It's softer and sweeter once dried. The white tobacco, musk, neroli, jasmine, and tuberose, while distinct, form a scent that is feminine, clean, and sophisticated.

Mostly Night Blooming jasmine at first, I do like the lab's Night Blooming jasmine, so this is good. After a bit it becomes very sweet and heady, much more so than NBJ on it's own, so I'm thinking that tuberose is probably the culprit. Much to sweet and florally for me, but nice to try.

In the bottle - Musky neroli

Wet on me - Washing detergent and lush rose petals with a touch of jasmine in the background

Dry on me - A soft clean floral

Overall - I'm not really a floral girl, I hoped the tobacco and vanilla would redeem this, but it just didn't work for me

Bottle from a forum purchase. This is a Floral's Floral: femme to the max.

In the bottle, I get the vanilla and the tuberose, not so much roses or jasmine, no tobacco or neroli.

Wet, it's lilacs (?!)

Dry, I can't make out the vanilla or the tobacco. The neroli is in there, but the Red roses, Moroccan jasmine and tuberose are combined in a powdery "Floral Perfume" blend.

Verdict: It's pleasant and clean, but it's not taking me to rose or jasmine-land, where I love to be. I think this may need to go to another home.