Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Foodie

Eve, To Adam in Paradise

The First Love: Moroccan rose, white fig, honey, hay absolute, vanilla, chamomile, white musk, pomegranate juice, and morning dew.

I'm not the best about picking out individual notes or even describing scents very well, but I will say that this stuff is absolutely heavenly. I can definitely smell the rose, but it does not completely overwhelm. It's also fruity, I can smell the pomegranate. I don't usually like fruity scents so don't let that scare you away. There is something... natural in there too. I don't know if it's the hay or what but it makes this scent not at all "perfumey" and very organic.

Ok, enough technical stuff... on to the gushing! I can't stop huffing my wrists. I love this scent with a passion. Eve, to Adam in Paradise is the perfect name for it because like the Garden of Eden it is beautiful and perfect. I have been hoarding rose scents and this is right up there with my favorites. I can see someone who doesn't usually go for rose scents loving this one too though. Seriously, get it while you can people.

wub.gif :luv2: wub.gif

I really like the wet aspect of this scent. When it says "morning dew," that's exactly what I smell. It's like walking in a field of beautiful flowers in the dripping dawn.

It's a bit hard for me to pick out individual notes, because the overall sense of things is simple juiciness. There's a soft pomegranite, the sweetness of honey, a tea-like chamomile (not overly herbal, for those concerned) and the rose isn't crazily strong.

Like a dewdrop on the tip of a fragrant petal, but not too intensely floral. Beautiful and innocent, lush, gentle.

i was apprehensive about this one because of the pomegranate & "morning dew". i don't do clean/fruity scents too well, but all the other notes sounded so good, i had to give it a try. it's a pretty odd scent on my skin, and of course, i amp the pomegranate, which i was hoping wouldn't happen. i think on me i am mostly getting pomegranate, fig, rose, chamomile and maybe a hint of honey. i definitely sense something slightly green which must be the dew, and alas, it turns the scent sour on me. i think if that were absent, i would quite like this scent. 00000103.gif to my skin chemistry in this case.

Is there nothing I can cross off my Must Buy Some Now list? :lol:

The first thing I smell wet is the hay and honey, then the sharpness of fruit, then it settles down to a nice musky thing with some roses. I don't think rose haters will even hate this.

This is sweet, and on dry down has an almost creamy feel if that makes any sense. It's a very nice lighter (as in not super resiny dark stuff that I also love) spring/summer thing, along the lines of Strings in Earth and Air.

It's light in feeling but not actually a light scent that I can't smell after five minutes, it has nice staying power. If I had to pick a color for it, I'd say a yellow-coral.

Edited by stellamaris

I have tested this twice and all I smell is a pomegranate edged rose. :-( its not a bad smell, I actually love it, but I was hoping the hay and chamomile would be more present. Lovely scent!

Rose is kind of unreliable for me, and unfortunately, the rose in this does not like me. Something (possibly the rose/musk/pom combo) just turns to cough syrup. Aging sometimes smooths out rose blends for me (it worked with Pink Snowballs and Spellbound), so I think the best thing in this case might be to set it aside for a few months to mellow.

First sniff of my decant and I'm all "Ooooooooooooooo!" :wub2: I can smell all the different notes at once and though I can tell they're all there they all meld together seamlessly in one beautiful whole. Wet on my skin the rose, fig, honey and pomegranate take center stage. As it dries the rose fluctuates in strength, dancing in and out with the pomegranate.

Meh. Generic white musk perfume mixed with rose. Not much more than this. Off to the swaps with you!

ITI: It's clean while being a bit overly pomegranate (it smells like pomegranate candle, not the fruit itself). I can detect a little dewiness and a hint of rose. It's interesting, but it seems to be giving me a headache.

Wet: On my skin, I get the hay, pomegranate slightly aquatic dew, and impressions of light fig and musk. It reminds me of air freshener.

Dry: The rose is much stronger once dried for a few minutes, but there is still a faint artificial quality to the pomegranate. I also can pick up the dew and vanilla, but it is nearly overpowered by the rose.

This one's full of wonderful notes -- and my worst note, the dreaded hay absolute. But when I opened up my package of decants, this was the one I could smell before I opened anything, and it called to me. Hay absolute or not, I can't resist trying it.

In the vial: Rose, honey, pomegranate, fig; this smells good enough to eat!

Wet: Rose and honey, so far. I also get some pomegranate tartness in the background.

One hour: This is nice overall, but there's a thick powdery note in it that has a slightly blue cast to it. (Maybe that's an aquatic, the morning dew?) That might break the scent for me.

Two hours: Rose and fig, but softer and thicker than expected. It's not as heavy as Lucifer and Hetairae in terms of figginess, but it's still dense. I think the vanilla and soft musk are contributing to that impression. There's a touch of wood about it; I can only assume that's the hay absolute. Normally hay absolute is the kiss of death to me in scents, but this time I'm not getting the rotten-haybale impression at all. Which is great, and a relief, because I'm a big fan of most of the notes in this.

Three hours: A very pretty, soft, rather thick rose and fig scent.

This had a lot of interesting notes in it, but I'm really only getting the rose and pomegranate. It's a perfumey, musky smelling, slightly sharp rose with the dry, tart pomegranate in the background. It comes off as sort of high pitched and sour smelling on my skin, but I don't really get along well with the lab's pom note. I wish I were getting some of the vanilla and fig.

In the decant: It's as though white honey had been sprinkled all over roses and figs. :)

Wet: The chamomile and hay notes are rather obvious.

The dry-down: In the end, it's not as sweet as the cold sniff. but indeed it does feel like that first morning in some mythical garden, where two soon-to-be lovers are shyly meeting for the first time amongst ripening fruits and dew-covered grasses, with the scent of honey wafting on the breeze from some near-by bees' hive, in a hollowed-out old tree. (No wood or ozone notes, mind you.)

Edited by thekittenkat

In the imp: Your grandma's handbag--a sweet, unassuming, kinda old mishmash.

Wet: LOVE LOVE LOVE...it's a rose scent like I have never come across--like in a garden with the morning dew and hay and other scents surrounding it. I love it.

Drydown: HATE HATE HATE...back to the handbag. Maybe it's the chamomile, but the scent becomes sickly with a sour edge. Ylang Ylang and Lotus often do this to me, but those notes aren't in Eve...When I think about this scent, my mouth and nose squinch in remembrance.

It lasts fairly long (8 hours at least), but you don't want it to. On my skin, anyway.

It seems Moroccan rose is an intense, though sweet rose. It has the same intensity of the haughtier, sexier red and black rose cousins, but sweet and innocent if that makes sense. Right now, that's all I'm getting. For a rose scent, this is quite nice. I doubt I would wear this very often, as I'm not a fan of rose. Fans of rose, though, should definitely check this one out.

eta: Whoops! Ten minutes later, and it does go somewhat sour, but not as bad as some rose blends can go on me.

Edited by milo

A little sweet for me, but it mellowed out really quickly and let the more subdued scents come through within a matter of minutes! Long-lasting, too, especially the musk, hay and pomegranate. Definitely a keeper!

In the bottle - A fresh, rich rose

Wet on me - An almost over blown rose with a hint of what I think must be the chamomile

Dry on me - A soft pretty floral honey

Overall - Nice, but it didn't quite sing

From a forum purchase.

I LOVE the Lab's Moroccan Rose enough that I took a chance on ETAIP, despite the "morning dew" note. Aquatic notes usually turn bitter on my skin. Not this one! Yay!

In the bottle, I mostly smell Rose & sweetness. The sweet smell isn't honey, it might be fig and pomegranate? But only if the pomegranate has been made into syrup.

Wet, I smell Rose with a hint of lemon, and sweetness.

Dry, the Rose is in front, pomegranate and musk are next, and the chamomile, hay, fig, honey, and dew are somewhere in the background.

Sweet and light, not a lot of staying power. Very wearable. I'm glad I got it.