Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zeldaZ4

Snow White Candle

A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

Ah, Snow White! My favorite BPAL fragrance. So beautiful, so unusual, nothing else like it found anywhere else. I've acquired two bottles of the oil since joining this forum in August (2010 and 2012 versions). This candle smells DEAD ON the fragrance that I love. Icy but yearning, delicate yet rich. Apples, vanilla, and cold, cold, cold. A perfect picture of beauty, frozen in time. I simply ADORE Snow White and had SUCH high hopes for this candle.

Unfortunately, the scent of the candle is so faint I can barely smell it. At first I lit the candle in my kitchen, but when I couldn't smell it after a few hours of burning, I thought the big, smelly room might be too much of a challenge for Snow White's candle. I moved it to my small bedroom (ten feet by twelve), closed the door, and left it burning for at least an hour. Nothing... Sigh... This must be how the dwarves felt as they gazed at her lovely sleeping face. It's as if Snow White was still sealed inside her glass coffin, not a hint of life escaping.

The jar is beautiful, the label is elegant and lovely, but if there is no smell, there doesn't seem to be much point. Perhaps I got a dud. Perhaps others won't have the same experience I have. Because if the scent trapped inside this candle were to permeate the room, it would be magnificent. Hopefully it will be for someone else!

Ohh...I'm heartbroken by this one. I was dying to get my hands on the candle since it's my signature scent and I loved the original perfume, atmosphere spray, and soap so much, but it's scented so faintly. I know Snow White is a lighter fragrance, but I also bought the Lick It candle and when I walked up to my dresser, I smelled the unlit Lick It more than I did the lit Snow White. I used it in my smallish room with the door closed, and the one positive I do have to say is that when I went out into the rest of the apartment and then back into my room, my room smelled 'fresher'. Just not in a way that really smells like Snow White. I'm glad I still have the atmosphere spray, but in the winter there's something special about the experience of lighting a candle, so I'm still quite sad -- I know the perfume at recognizable strength works beautifully as a home fragrance.

Edited to add: I'm down to the last 1/4 of my candle, maybe more, and the original review sticks, unfortunately. I hate to give a big fat thumbs down to both the Trading Post and anything scented with Snow White because I truly do like my other candles a lot, this one just flops for whatever reason. I let it burn for 1-2 hours at a time and the most prominent scent I get during that is just 'burning candle'. I hope this might come back next year formulated differently.

Edited by luxuria

Ah, Snow White. One of my favorite scents ever. Chilly vanilla floral goodness.

Alas, this candle has very little throw. You can only really smell it if you stick your face into it when it is not lit, or happen to be really close to it when it is lit. :( If you want to scent a room with Snow White, stick with the atmosphere spray. Otherwise, make sure the candle is burning right next to you (or open the window to allow a breeze in) if you want to smell the scent.

Aw, man. Puddin' got me good. I ordered all the other candles, and a tea light of Snow White came along for the ride. It is stunning, to say the least. This is another one I can't wear on my skin, but in my home is a completely different story. Soft, sweet, vanilla snow through my living room- yes, please. The previous version of Snow White candle apparently had minimal throw, but this tea-light is spreading this chilly, soft sugary sweet creamy loveliness throughout my living room.

And now I do believe I may need the full sized version. Thanks, Puddin'!

2018 release

The look and design of the post's candles, black glass, scroll labels and creamy dreamy white wax makes me weak. When these came out I knew I had to swoop in for one. Experiencing that cool vanilla Snow White sweetness filling my room called to me.

The cold wax is so lovely, it glows like the cold moon on a velvety black night and the upclose scent is just like holding your nose over an open bottle. Shiver~shiver. These are beautifully crafted candles, the wick perfectly trimmed and centered, thick glassed, impeccably poured - they are luxe.

**Editing to say that the throw is really pretty good. I moved it back into my large, living room/dining room and wow! I can smell it throughout the room. Vanilla Snow!!!!! I think it needs to burn for a few hours until the wax gets completely warm. I’m so happy I snagged one of these and plan to collect another one someday. Fingers crossed and candle wishing that Puddin will do a second, warm weather round.

Edited by Jenjin

Not as strong as Peacock Queen, but this still scented my living room with a more warmer Snow White. This is less 'chilly' than the perfume, almost like a winter version, cosier. Vanilla, a bit of floral, no coconut and not much of a snow note. I'd like my house to smell like this all the time.